Guest attacks Disney bus driver

captainkidd

For what it's worth, from the Luxury Guide to WDW, regarding the Disney Bus System:

"Designed for the exclusive use of Disney's registered guests, buses depart approximately every twenty minutes."

Regarding the transportation system in general:

"Disney's complimentary transportation system, designed for the exclusive use of Disney's resort guests (although only on busiest days do they require an ID to ride), is in most cases efficient."

Now, this isn't from the official guide book, but parts of it do make sense. Clearly, the monorail from the TTC and Ferry should be available to everyone, as there is no other way for outside guests to get to the Magic Kingdom. As for buses, I can see this being a legit policy.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Transportation is available to all guests. Disney wants everyone to be able to travel to/from resort restaurants to spend money. It doesn't hurt if guests viziers resort and decide to stay on a future trip either.

I was told by a manager years ago that they'd stopped asking for KTTW cards simply because it was bad for business.

Mammymouse

We are DVC and annual passholders so I never stop and think about having to pay for parking or transportation because one or the other covers both issues. But say I had family from out of state visit us (we live in Florida now) and we took them to Disney for the day, and they didn't have admission tickets or plan to go into the parks. We could go to Downtown Disney to shop, the theater, go play mini-golf, or visit the Boardwalk. We could park at any place we wanted to because we are driving the car and have passes, or we could park at Downtown Disney regardless, and go on the bus to where ever we want, or ride the monorails or boats just for a ride, and never go into the parks. Technically our family has not paid anything for their transportation. It would make me feel cheesey :eek: to do that but it is highly likely they would be eating somewhere on property or shop in the stores, pay for mini golf, etc. So Disney does get something that way even though they didn't specifically charge my family for the transportation they may used.

As said before it just makes better business sense to allow all to ride because the benefits Disney gets way outweighs the cost of trying to police the transportation system for the occasional rider that isn't staying in a resort or buying tickets for the Parks. I would assume the transportation system costs are spread out over all the Parks, restaurants and shops operating expenses because they all are connected to keep people on property. It makes good business sense to me and I would agree with that way of thinking. Just my 3 cents worth (inflation).:D

marypoppins68

I was told by a manager years ago that they'd stopped asking for KTTW cards simply because it was bad for business.

It also held up the lines. I've been staying at Disney resorts since 1991. I remember the bus driver asking us all to show our KTTW card. It slowed down loading the bus as people got out their cards, their kids' cards. I only remember that a few times. We went one year and I had my card ready and the bus driver didn't care. Everyone just boarded. Much faster and nicer.

Wilt Dasney

The problem with reading the transportation policy as saying that only resort guests are supposed to use it is that the policy doesn't specifically mention any mode of transportation.

If you take the policy at its literal word and conclude that transportation is technically limited to resort guests, then you have to reach the same conclusion for all transportation...not just buses, but monorails and boats also, since the policy doesn't single out any of them.

I don't think anybody would argue that you need to be staying in a Disney hotel to hop the monorail — even in a "technically yeah, but it's not enforced" sense.

My conclusion is that Disney's policy is deliberately vague, so they can make it mean whatever they like.

dave&di

I too, am amazed at guests behavior when it comes to the buses. What really irks me is to see young, able bodied males sitting in a seat when a woman and/or child is standing. What happened to good old fashioned courtesy? During my recent 8 night stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I sat only twice on the bus because there was always someone standing that should have been seated. Here I am, a 49 year old male, giving up my seat, while loads of older teenage and 20-something males, sat on their fat "you know what's". Parents need to teach their boys (from a young age), how to be polite and to always do the right thing.

Here's a challenge to all the able-bodied young men on the WDWMagic Forums...next time you're on a Disney bus and all the seats fill up (and you're still sitting), try offering your seat to ANY standing woman or young child, or any experienced (my way of saying "older") adult. It will make you a better person in the end, and you might actually feel good about yourself for doing the right thing.

OK....that's the end of my minor rant! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...yea Disney, for taking care of the "strangler/baby "!

I agree with you about giving your seat up for certain people, but doesn't that mean your judging people on perceptions? How do you know the 25 year old man doesn't have a heart condition and needs to be seated? I am a 33 year old female, I can get claustophobic and can suffer panic attacks, if a bus is too crowded I have to sit, I know I couldn't possibly do the journey standing. I should not have people stare at me for sitting, of course I would give my seat up if I saw someone struggling.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Transportation at Disney became complimentary after they dropped the ticket books.

When they had ticket books, you were required to hand over the first ticket in your book, the transportation ticket, to gain access to transportation to the Magic Kingdom.

I think that Disney saw the error in their ways that required you to have a ticket the first time you used transportation, but not again any other time you wanted to use it that day.

flavious27

Wait, this just happened this month right? Look how dark it is, why did this guy have a baby out so late at night? I have a 14 month old, we are not out past 7:30, let along at 9:30. It might look cute to see the kiddies all decked out in disney attire while they are asleep in a stroller, but come on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom