Guardians Tower announcement Saturday in SD ...

Bob Harlem

Is this Chapek going, damn the torpedoes, get Marvel in NOW?

That timeframe makes me think it'll be tower decorated to be Guardians (vs themed). The only two reasons something like this isn't be forced into WDW is the legal hurdles and capacity issues at DHS.

I think the next several years at stateside Disney, post Avatar (and even this has some elements of it) will be Disney mimicking Universal, poorly.

The Empress Lilly

Seriously, the earring was more disturbing to me than the official announcement today. It would be creepy and gross on a 25 year old. On a 60 year old man it's gag inducing.
Joe can't do without his trademark anymore. It is what gives him starpower to the public, instantly recognisable. And an aura of 'weirdo creative type' to the suits, whose language he otherwise speaks perfectly whenever necessary.

Though not without qualities, he is my candidate for most overrated imagineer. (Or 'starmagineer'? Like starchitects) Great general ideas, poorly translated into reality, fantastic art direction, sucky rides that are commonly way too short.

Mem11

They can easily prebuilt all props and pieces, wouldn't take long to secure them to the building. The whole building was done in a little over two years when it was first built from the ground up

Right, a cheap quick overlay based on the IP of the moment - we don't disagree. Something current Disney seems very fond of doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom