News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

WDW Guru

That still looks scary

really big roller coasters and and really big thrill rides scare me in general though. Actually everything does but whatever

I have to say I've only ridden one flying coaster, the Batwing at Six Flags America, and I was not a fan. That is the only roller coaster that actually made me sick. The ride system had potential to be a great roller coaster and wouldn't have that issue, for me at least, since it will be a family coaster.

EPICOT

I've been on the flying coaster "Firehawk" at Kings Island. It's an ok ride and the ride system is cool, but not mind blowing. The biggest problem with this ride type is the capacity, which at least with Firehawk, it is far below the rest of the coasters in the park. I'd want something of higher capacity for this attraction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Flying Coaster? What does that mean? O_O

As for update construction, I think some stuff was shown earlier, though there's not much since they haven't started much yet. We probably won't be able to see the roller coaster be built anyway, since it will be inside. All we'll see is the building be built

Maybe, maybe not. With Rock 'n Roller Coaster the track was built first and then the building was built around it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I have to say I've only ridden one flying coaster, the Batwing at Six Flags America, and I was not a fan. That is the only roller coaster that actually made me sick. The ride system had potential to be a great roller coaster and wouldn't have that issue, for me at least, since it will be a family coaster.
While it looks good on paper -- and from the ground -- it's not a very comfortable ride experience, especially pulling outside loops, where the neck bears a lot of stress from trying to keep the head level/straight against the g-forces throwing it outside the loop.

vinnyv07

Universal is catching up to Disney in chunks according to attendance numbers. A roller coaster is needed in Epcot, which is the only Disney park without one. After they open this new attraction, the place will be swamped. It’s a business and a coaster will bring people in and sell more tickets.

Bairstow

B&M's flying system is superior to Vekoma's but it's still not great, and except for the novelty not worth the added discomfort over a traditional invert, or a newer wingrider seating mode.
At least it's not as bad as their standing coasters. Those are the worst.
Give Manta at SeaWorld a chance some time. It's a great coaster, but this is mostly due to the absolutely fantastic decor/themeing more than the ride position.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Universal is catching up to Disney in chunks according to attendance numbers. A roller coaster is needed in Epcot, which is the only Disney park without one. After they open this new attraction, the place will be swamped. It’s a business and a coaster will bring people in and sell more tickets.
Universal still isn't even close to Disney. MK has more annual visitors than Uni +IoA combined. Every WDW park still has more visitors than either universal park. Even the half day park (DHS) has 50% more visitors annually than Uni.

Last edited:

doctornick

To my knowledge, this is a Vekoma train with a good amount of rows. Track beneath you and as has been said before, launches but no inversions.

All that sounds fine, but the real question I think is what is the actual ride like? We know it is an indoor coaster, but will it have proper show scenes during the ride? Will it come to a stop for scenes or is it constantly moving? I expect it to be projection heavy, but they did a decent job with making Mission: Breakout entertaining and hope this ride follows suit.

The environment surrounding the ride will have a lot more to do with how this ride is received than the specific mechanism of travel.

mikejs78

Premium Member
No it isn’t. Innovation is needed in Epcot. This is a knee jerk reaction to taking the easiest route.

Epcot attendance and satisfaction is down due to decades of underinvestment.
This. Redo imagination to make an attraction eith Figment filled with wonder instead of being annoying. Plus Space so it's closer to the original vision. Re-add a pavillion at WoL. Fill out Innoventions with exhibits again. Use the bones of the park and add greenery around it instead of making a forest by demoing buildings. Would go a long way to making the park compelling again.

wdwgreek

This. Redo imagination to make an attraction eith Figment filled with wonder instead of being annoying. Plus Space so it's closer to the original vision. Re-add a pavillion at WoL. Fill out Innoventions with exhibits again. Use the bones of the park and add greenery around it instead of making a forest by demoing buildings. Would go a long way to making the park compelling again.
What is with the 90's and early 2000s and annoying characters that chastise the straight man. Waldo and Figment. I just don't get it, is that sort of patronizing supposed to be cute?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom