• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Wintermelon43

Any update construction of the Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot. I hope it will be a flying coaster I hope! :confused:
Flying Coaster? What does that mean? O_O

As for update construction, I think some stuff was shown earlier, though there's not much since they haven't started much yet. We probably won't be able to see the roller coaster be built anyway, since it will be inside. All we'll see is the building be built

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
Advertisement

As for update construction, I think some stuff was shown earlier, though there's not much since they haven't started much yet. We probably won't be able to see the roller coaster be built anyway, since it will be inside. All we'll see is the building be built
A flying coaster is one on which the riders are held horizontal to the track, usually with a torso harness/leg restraints so their chest faces the ground when suspended from the track above.

trainplane3

O_O Holy crap that sounds scary
They really aren't. It's a unique experience but nothing earth shattering. They have some decent forces for parts when you're on your back, but that's it. Two manufacturers make them.
Vekoma (doesn't really build them anymore)

B&M

It's been mentioned already that it won't be a suspended coaster, but I'm sure we can add flying to that list as well. Unless it's a family flyer then...yawn. I do wonder if it's Vekoma and if it is, should we be paying attention to any prototypes popping up in Vlodrop?

lazyboy97o

TRON Lightcycle Power Run and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster both had their track built before the building envelope.

do wonder if it's Vekoma and if it is, should we be paying attention to any prototypes popping up in Vlodrop?
The prototype for their new flying coaster has already been built. It was posted a few times in the old thread, usually speculated as a [hybrid] dark ride system.

Wintermelon43

They really aren't. It's a unique experience but nothing earth shattering. They have some decent forces for parts when you're on your back, but that's it. Two manufacturers make them.
Vekoma (doesn't really build them anymore)

B&M

It's been mentioned already that it won't be a suspended coaster, but I'm sure we can add flying to that list as well. Unless it's a family flyer then...yawn. I do wonder if it's Vekoma and if it is, should we be paying attention to any prototypes popping up in Vlodrop?
That still looks scary

really big roller coasters and and really big thrill rides scare me in general though. Actually everything does but whatever

trainplane3

TRON Lightcycle Power Run and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster both had their track built before the building envelope.

The prototype for their new flying coaster has already been built. It was posted a few times in the old thread, usually speculated as a [hybrid] dark ride system.
That is true but it's already been taken down. I forget where part of the prototype track was sent off to, but it was for a larger version somewhere in Europe. There is a new coaster being assembled right now as seen here: https://svhas2004.wixsite.com/vekoma/portraits?lightbox=dataItem-jbje0t97

WDW Guru

That still looks scary

really big roller coasters and and really big thrill rides scare me in general though. Actually everything does but whatever
I have to say I've only ridden one flying coaster, the Batwing at Six Flags America, and I was not a fan. That is the only roller coaster that actually made me sick. The ride system had potential to be a great roller coaster and wouldn't have that issue, for me at least, since it will be a family coaster.

EPICOT

I've been on the flying coaster "Firehawk" at Kings Island. It's an ok ride and the ride system is cool, but not mind blowing. The biggest problem with this ride type is the capacity, which at least with Firehawk, it is far below the rest of the coasters in the park. I'd want something of higher capacity for this attraction.

danlb_2000

Maybe, maybe not. With Rock 'n Roller Coaster the track was built first and then the building was built around it.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
I have to say I've only ridden one flying coaster, the Batwing at Six Flags America, and I was not a fan. That is the only roller coaster that actually made me sick. The ride system had potential to be a great roller coaster and wouldn't have that issue, for me at least, since it will be a family coaster.
While it looks good on paper -- and from the ground -- it's not a very comfortable ride experience, especially pulling outside loops, where the neck bears a lot of stress from trying to keep the head level/straight against the g-forces throwing it outside the loop.

vinnyv07

Universal is catching up to Disney in chunks according to attendance numbers. A roller coaster is needed in Epcot, which is the only Disney park without one. After they open this new attraction, the place will be swamped. It’s a business and a coaster will bring people in and sell more tickets.

Top Bottom