News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

JEANYLASER

I'm confused about the Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction at Epcot. I was thinking the Guardians of the Galaxy will be a flying Coaster and it is true or rumor? Please tell me it will be a Flying Coaster and it will or will not have loops for the Guardians of the Galaxy? :confused:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm confused about the Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction at Epcot. I was thinking the Guardians of the Galaxy will be a flying Coaster and it is true or rumor? Please tell me it will be a Flying Coaster and it will or will not have loops for the Guardians of the Galaxy? :confused:

It will not have inversions. Type of coaster hasn't been revealed by anyone... yet.

RSoxNo1

Anyone seen the new Mack suspensed, rotating coaster/dark ride system they've been building recently? There's a rumor Universal is using one for the upcoming dueling dragons replacement at Potterland.

Don't know about its capacity, but it looks extremely versatile.

That looks like a great ride. Appears based on the video to be better than Escape from Gringotts. Also, any time I hear Craig Ferguson's voice, I smile.

JEANYLASER

Is Guardians of the Galaxy attraction will have a fast pass plus. And I love rollercoaster with no loops and I can't wait to ride it. I hope to a shop in the end of the ride. Guardians of the Galaxy will be a flying coaster. I hope! :cool:

doctornick

I might have missed this but do any insiders know if any of the dinos from UOE might have been moved over to the Dinosaur attraction at AK and added in somewhere as maybe a background addition?

I feel like there were hints that the dinosaurs might be used to make a "Primeval World" diorama along the MK Railroad like they have in Anaheim. Or at least that some sort of show scene was going to be added for the 50th for the RR and maybe people just are guessing it will be dinos.

Winter

Any update construction of the Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot. I hope it will be a flying coaster I hope! :confused:
Flying Coaster? What does that mean? O_O

As for update construction, I think some stuff was shown earlier, though there's not much since they haven't started much yet. We probably won't be able to see the roller coaster be built anyway, since it will be inside. All we'll see is the building be built

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

As for update construction, I think some stuff was shown earlier, though there's not much since they haven't started much yet. We probably won't be able to see the roller coaster be built anyway, since it will be inside. All we'll see is the building be built
A flying coaster is one on which the riders are held horizontal to the track, usually with a torso harness/leg restraints so their chest faces the ground when suspended from the track above.

trainplane3

O_O Holy crap that sounds scary
They really aren't. It's a unique experience but nothing earth shattering. They have some decent forces for parts when you're on your back, but that's it. Two manufacturers make them.
Vekoma (doesn't really build them anymore)
1200px-Firehawk_5.jpg

B&M
flying2009_manta02_0.jpg

It's been mentioned already that it won't be a suspended coaster, but I'm sure we can add flying to that list as well. Unless it's a family flyer then...yawn. I do wonder if it's Vekoma and if it is, should we be paying attention to any prototypes popping up in Vlodrop?

lazyboy97o

TRON Lightcycle Power Run and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster both had their track built before the building envelope.

do wonder if it's Vekoma and if it is, should we be paying attention to any prototypes popping up in Vlodrop?
The prototype for their new flying coaster has already been built. It was posted a few times in the old thread, usually speculated as a [hybrid] dark ride system.

Winter

They really aren't. It's a unique experience but nothing earth shattering. They have some decent forces for parts when you're on your back, but that's it. Two manufacturers make them.
Vekoma (doesn't really build them anymore)
1200px-Firehawk_5.jpg

B&M
flying2009_manta02_0.jpg

It's been mentioned already that it won't be a suspended coaster, but I'm sure we can add flying to that list as well. Unless it's a family flyer then...yawn. I do wonder if it's Vekoma and if it is, should we be paying attention to any prototypes popping up in Vlodrop?
That still looks scary

really big roller coasters and and really big thrill rides scare me in general though. Actually everything does but whatever

trainplane3

TRON Lightcycle Power Run and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster both had their track built before the building envelope.

The prototype for their new flying coaster has already been built. It was posted a few times in the old thread, usually speculated as a [hybrid] dark ride system.
That is true but it's already been taken down. I forget where part of the prototype track was sent off to, but it was for a larger version somewhere in Europe. There is a new coaster being assembled right now as seen here: https://svhas2004.wixsite.com/vekoma/portraits?lightbox=dataItem-jbje0t97

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom