News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

doctornick

Universal is catching up to Disney in chunks according to attendance numbers. A roller coaster is needed in Epcot, which is the only Disney park without one. After they open this new attraction, the place will be swamped. It’s a business and a coaster will bring people in and sell more tickets.

I think most everyone would be on board with a roller coaster in Epcot... if it fit the part thematically. For example, if they built a ride like the Matterhorn -- either in a new Swiss pavilion or as a Mt. Fuji coaster in Japan. People are not happy with the concept behind this ride, not just because it is a coaster.

FullSailDan

What do you class Test Track as??

A temporarily fast moving attraction, more like Indiana Jones/Dinosaur than BT/RR/SM/EE. I get more thrills in my convertible going on a round about then I do on test-track. It's really not a roller coaster, it has a really long build up to a 15 second 65mph jog on a curve, with no drops, twists, or significant changes in direction besides curving right. We don't consider radiator springs a coaster, which is basically the same thing but done way better, so why would we think Test Track is?

WDWTank

Test
A temporarily fast moving attraction, more like Indiana Jones/Dinosaur than BT/RR/SM/EE. I get more thrills in my convertible going on a round about then I do on test-track. It's really not a roller coaster, it has a really long build up to a 15 second 65mph jog on a curve, with no drops, twists, or significant changes in direction besides curving right. We don't consider radiator springs a coaster, which is basically the same thing but done way better, so why would we think Test Track is?
Test Track is a slot car attraction :)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Test

Test Track is a slot car attraction :)
If only they would sell TestTrack 2.0 slot car sets.

I feel like Disney's missing a golden opportunity to sell me people on a slot car set with the optional upgrade for a 3D-printed car shell that exactly matches the custom-created car designed in the attraction.

What better way to up-sell little Timmy's parental unit! Sure you can buy this $39.99 slot car racer set, but for just $20 more you can get a custom made slot car body shell that match's your child's vehicle design.

Last edited:

Mainahman

If only they would sell TestTrack 2.0 slot car sets.

I feel like Disney's missing a golden opportunity to sell me people on a slot car set with the optional upgrade for a 3D-printed car shell that exactly matches the custom-created car designed in the attraction.

What better way to up-sell little Timmy's parental unit! Sure you can buy this $39.99 slot car racer set, but for just $20 more you can get a custom made slot car body shell that match's your child's custom vehicle design.
Brilliant! I need 6!

vinnyv07

Totally agree. Test Track is a high speed simulator that isn’t on rails and doesn’t coast. Radiator Springs is fantastic.

vinnyv07

Ok...but nobody should say it’s a roller coaster. Epcot is the only Disney park in the world that doesn’t have one. It’s a glaring omission at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom