News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I’ve seen something that suggests yes but I can’t say for certain.
You're starting to sound like one of those "Magic Eight Ball" toys...
191982-131-D3194343.jpg

EricsBiscuit

Shame the IP isn't Antman. The gravity building look like Hank Pym's portable lab.
Speaking of the whole movie makes no sense because the density of that building would be massive and I'm sure unless HP has steroids he sure as hell cant lift an office building. The same applies to Ant Man and the cars. The density increases as volume decreases and mass remains the same. So almost none of the stuff they pulled works. It ruined the movie for me unfortunately.

Bairstow

A superhero fantasy movie was ruined for you because of fantasy physics?

I'm kind of with @EricsBiscuit. A good superhero movie, or any fantasy story, gives you a set of new rules for its fictional reality and the fun is exploring and imagining how they work and what that does. The Antman movies are especially bad about giving a fictional set of rules for its world and characters and then breaking or ignoring those rules whenever it feels like it.
Sometimes when tiny Ant-Man falls to the bathroom floor, he breaks a tile when he hits it. Then, when he falls onto a wooden surface, nothing happens. The writing and worldbuilding isn't diligent enough to be engaging.

If the movie never took time to explain what the rules are supposed to be, or didn't have stretches where the dramatic tension is based around the viewer anticipating what would happen, it wouldn't be such a big deal. The Dr. Strange movie, for instance, knows better than to actually pin down how the magic actually works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom