News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kman101

Well, we were all pretty much 'meh' with Ellen, so, onwards and upwards!

lol

I'd hate (hate's a bit of an exaggeration but still, lol) the Guardians coaster a little less if it were separate from Energy and they were putting a dark ride in the Energy building.

I'm not totally closed off on the coaster but I'm a bit disappointed. I just think they could have made much better decisions for Epcot and MGM in their refreshes. When I think they 'get it' it turns out they don't. I don't begrudge IP, just some of where they place it and how they're lazy with it (and they don't need to be; and they ignore IP that could actually fit the old Epcot with the "new")

Personally I hadn't been on Ellen's since it first opened. Truly. For so long I avoided Mission Space, Nemo, Ellen, Figment ... Space isn't bad just not something I really feel the need to do more than once or twice.

trainplane3

They need JIYI for Figment. Who else would sale all of their festival merch?
...the festival that's going on at the time probably?

I'm a huge Figment fan but I'm sure they could move a decent amount of merch without a ride. As much with a ride? Eeehh. But I know people who never been to WDW, saw him, said "oh he looks cool/cute." and that's probably all they need to sell him.

huwar18

...the festival that's going on at the time probably?

I'm a huge Figment fan but I'm sure they could move a decent amount of merch without a ride. As much with a ride? Eeehh. But I know people who never been to WDW, saw him, said "oh he looks cool/cute." and that's probably all they need to sell him.

That’s was more of a joke haha. I love Figment. I love that they are giving him more merch. However, I hate that he doesn’t have a decent ride or presence in the park.

1990sWDW

I’m really excited about this ride. I’ve heard it referred to as a modern take on Space Mountain with a launch similar to RnR. Both of those things are A-OK with me.

Hopefully the visual impact is not too consuming from a SSE POV.

With regards to fitting with Walt’s vision of EPCOT, I think that was already lost from opening day. Hey, I obviously disagree with the destruction of Horizons and WOM (and Test Track has always been a disappointment for me) but that’s another issue entirely.

Magenta Panther

Without the Journey Into Imagination ride, Figment doesn't make sense as an icon for Epcot, does he? He's literally a figment of Dreamfinder's imagination. He represents inspiration itself. Without that JIYI connection, he's just a purple dragon - a better fit in Magic Kingdom than Epcot IMO.

huwar18

Without the Journey Into Imagination ride, Figment doesn't make sense as an icon for Epcot, does he? He's literally a figment of Dreamfinder's imagination. He represents inspiration itself. Without that JIYI connection, he's just a purple dragon - a better fit in Magic Kingdom than Epcot IMO.

Disney basically took Dreamfinder out of the equation. Figment does exist without Dreamfinder because a lot of the newer fans never knew Dreamfinder. I am glad Disney Marvel comics added Figment and Dreamfinder. I wish they would add him back to the park.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

AEA9E911-AFC6-47A3-B379-BE933D64CDE4.jpeg
2643F9FB-4061-4E21-A64E-339E1EFEDC07.jpeg

Lensman

Riders have always been able to turn their heads to look at show scenes, and if the coaster isn't moving at high speed the track can impart spin to the cars like it does before unload on every spinning coaster Mack builds. That takes care of the slower show scenes, so it's the higher-speed elements I'm more interested in, specifically if there's any big advantage to be gained over unpowered inertial spinning like we get on Wild Mice and Mack spinners.
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that all the rotation was going to occur pre-launch and was related to various pre-launch scenes. I'm imagining an extensive pre-launch sequence like in the Tower of Terror. BTW, this would explain what they are going to have in the original Universe of Energy building other than the queue, but I think @marni1971 said that the original show building is going to be entirely queue and loading area.

I think it would be a kind of interesting if the attraction were a fusion of dark ride + coaster. It would be a nod to the Epcot of old and allow much more extensive theatrical elements beyond what you can see in a fraction of a second on a coaster. Plus the ride length would seem nicely extended.

Unfortunately, this isn't what's rumored.

Bairstow

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that all the rotation was going to occur pre-launch and was related to various pre-launch scenes.

If that were true, it makes even less sense for Disney to sink so much money into the Vekoma coaster tech. Rotating a coaster car at slow-speed to face a certain direction is easily accomplished with the existing Mack hardware. Unless this thing is really supposed to whip around like a teacup, I don't see the point in the tech.

Lensman

If that were true, it makes even less sense for Disney to sink so much money into the Vekoma coaster tech. Rotating a coaster car at slow-speed to face a certain direction is easily accomplished with the existing Mack hardware. Unless this thing is really supposed to whip around like a teacup, I don't see the point in the tech.
My mistake. I can't find the post I thought I saw that talked about pre-launch vs post-launch, but I did find a bunch of posts about the idea of the cars being rotated to face a certain direction through certain post-launch ride elements.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that all the rotation was going to occur pre-launch and was related to various pre-launch scenes. I'm imagining an extensive pre-launch sequence like in the Tower of Terror. BTW, this would explain what they are going to have in the original Universe of Energy building other than the queue, but I think @marni1971 said that the original show building is going to be entirely queue and loading area.

I think it would be a kind of interesting if the attraction were a fusion of dark ride + coaster. It would be a nod to the Epcot of old and allow much more extensive theatrical elements beyond what you can see in a fraction of a second on a coaster. Plus the ride length would seem nicely extended.

Unfortunately, this isn't what's rumored.
Pre launch there will be some stuff to see, but the main attraction is in the gravity building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom