News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RSoxNo1

I know the predicted figure. I know the target figure. And I can not for the life of me figure it out. Not even for WDI. It must be made of 18 carrot gold.

There’s nothing groundbreaking, nothing truly amazing. No Kuka arm ride system. No hundreds of AAs. I don’t get it either.
We already figured it out... it's a 200 foot long wall (133 ft high) of iPhone X's.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Took these on Friday...very curious to see what the final show building will look like since, to me, it detracts from the majesty of SSE depending on the look of the final show building. We will have to wait and see.
20180727_151531.jpg
20180727_151553.jpg
20180727_183253.jpg
20180727_184421.jpg
20180727_184521.jpg

Last edited:

Fantasmicguy

Okay guys im just looking at these pictures of the sightlines and I gotta say. The building doesn't really do that much damage to the sightlines yet and it doesn't look like it will if this is the final height. From just pictures it looks to take away from Spaceship Earth about as much as the Imagination Pavilion does. I feel unless the building ends up looking like Mission: Breakout or they leave it like a giant box we should be all good and even if they do that it doesn't look hard to hard to block it out and just take in Spaceship Earth. Maybe my mind will change if I were to see it in person but I seriously doubt it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Okay guys im just looking at these pictures of the sightlines and I gotta say. The building doesn't really do that much damage to the sightlines yet and it doesn't look like it will if this is the final height. From just pictures it looks to take away from Spaceship Earth about as much as the Imagination Pavilion does. I feel unless the building ends up looking like Mission: Breakout or they leave it like a giant box we should be all good and even if they do that it doesn't look hard to hard to block it out and just take in Spaceship Earth. Maybe my mind will change if I were to see it in person but I seriously doubt it.
I agree. I even think it enhances the look of Test Track, which is just a shiny aluminum can to me.

*ducks and runs*

Movielover

Totally agree, just remember that this ride was hated by a few from the outset, so nothing involved with this ride will ever be considered good.

To many on here change = bad, stagnation = good.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Agree. To me it looks just a little bit bigger than that giant aluminum tuna can that is test track, and that has never done anything to ruin my sightlines.

geekza

To many on here change = bad, stagnation = good.
That's not really an accurate assessment. Those of us who love Epcot want to see Future World grow and update. We just want these changes to reflect the original theme of the park rather than, "We're demolishing what is left of the cool robotic dinosaurs to put in a comic book-themed roller coaster, but here's a badly-Photoshopped image of a small child we swear is Peter Quill visiting EPCOT Center as a child so it fits now and shut up."

Biff215

Agree. To me it looks just a little bit bigger than that giant aluminum tuna can that is test track, and that has never done anything to ruin my sightlines.
That’s being very kind, it’s a whole lot bigger than TT or even Soarin. I’m hoping they have some kind of plan to either hide it or theme it, so I’ll reserve judgement until then. I’m excited to get to see the construction in person later this week.

ToTBellHop

Yes, but everyone likes tuna melts. And a tuna can is visually exciting to cats and humans.

Everything will be fixed once that 70-foot "tissue" is installed coming out the top of "Infinite Universe with Star-Lord & Friends--Presented by Kleenex, the Official Snot Wipe of the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts"

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Great take. For me it's mostly a matter of being aesthetically pleasing to the eye and not the sightlines. Canada, Imagination Pavillion, and TT (to a certain extent), all mesh and are for the most part pleasing to the eye. Is this building just going to be a giant eyesore or aesthetically pleasing? I guess that's an unfair question to ask at this point.

Movielover

That's not really an accurate assessment. Those of us who love Epcot want to see Future World grow and update.

Which is why I didn't mention anyone by name. I myself would love the original theme of Future World to be continued and honored, however there are people on here who are just flat out against any form of change. It was these people I was referring to, not you. Saying that however I am looking forward to the changes to both EPCOT and DHS, not only because IMO the new attractions look great, but because I feel that both Future World and DHS original concepts are long past dead as much as it pains me to say it. I also believe it's unfair and bonkers to judge the ride before a single piece of track is even in place...

geekza

I also believe it's unfair and bonkers to judge the ride before a single piece of track is even in place...
I totally agree. Considering the amount of money that Disney is reportedly devoting to the attraction, it is worth waiting until it opens before passing judgement on its quality as a standalone experience.

With that said, I also have very little doubt that it doesn't belong in Epcot.

Bender123

I totally agree. Considering the amount of money that Disney is reportedly devoting to the attraction, it is worth waiting until it opens before passing judgement on its quality as a standalone experience.

With that said, I also have very little doubt that it doesn't belong in Epcot.

Which generally seems to be the stem of the issue for most of us...The ride could be amazing, but its also "theme breaking" in that it really doesn't fit Epcot, EPCOT or EPCOT Center. To me, its much like Alien Encounter, which was a fantastic ride that was horribly misplaced in the Magic Kingdom. You take GotG and drop it at the Studios and this whole discussion is a non-issue. Frozen was/is the same thing...if you dropped it in Fantasy Land, it would be an instant love fest about how great it is.

Disney is making some really great rides, but they seem incapable of figuring out what the theme of any of the parks are, at this point. they seem to have a Park based on Movies, a park based on the world and technology set against movies, a park with animals from movies and a Park about princess movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom