Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLink

I'm sorry, but who exactly is being short-sighted here? Disney for its (purported) decision to replace Universe of Energy with a Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster or those who fail to recognize that this ride will be just a more modernized edutainment attraction about energy!?!?

Source: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Orb

So an ex machina introduced to the pavilion teaching kids about energy for powering devices. A modern pavilion teaching how we can't rely on fossil fuels neither can we truly rely on renewable energy and what the future may bring in being more efficient in renewable energy sources - should be the direction.

CastleBound

There's always Dinosaur and JPRA. Also this whenever it starts touring and if it comes to the US.

I will always have a soft spot for the UoE Dinos though, even if they are inaccarute by today's scientific standards :(

Don't forget Japan and Mt. Fuji.

JW:The Exhibition is coming to Philly in November... There's your dinosaur fill.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but who exactly is being short-sighted here? Disney for its (purported) decision to replace Universe of Energy with a Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster or those who fail to recognize that this ride will be just a more modernized edutainment attraction about energy!?!?
The backwards launch in a 4 minute ride will really help won't it.

Mike S

JW:The Exhibition is coming to Philly in November... There's your dinosaur fill.
What?!
The backwards launch in a 4 minute ride will really help won't it.
WHAT?!?!?!?!
tumblr_mbr4b9M8Rk1qj5td1o1_250.gif

clemmo

So just went over to the other site and read about their GOTG news...is it true that this could be announced at destination D? As for backwards launch I have a feeling this will be a little too thrilling for me:confused:

Daveeeeed

Mixed emotions. I'm pumped about this ride, because I think an E-ticket done well no matter the placement is something to be happy about, but I wish Epcot could have not had an entire pavilion based around an ip. Like others have mentioned I think that an energy ride based on the ride's kinetic energy, and different forms of power Ex. showcasing wind power in a scene, and another could be the Sun's power and in the form of a roller coaster would be epic. FW East would be like the thrill side, while Future World West would have the rides for the entire family, and so would WS. So I am kind of sad that this is not going to happen, but I think as long as Imagination gets a non-thrilling Figment overhaul Epcot will still be a great park. Guardians I'm sure will be great, and if executed properly can even some-what fit in, because Superheroes actually seem like a decent fit for the park. I'm excited, but either way Animal Kingdom will truly be the best park thematically. Pandora is like the only ip land that is not an ip. The floating mountains, bioluminescence, and even the Na'vi will probably work fantastically in a theme park. But to go back to Epcot, does anyone know if the Innovations area is going to get a reskin?

PorterRedkey

The problem is the new GotG attraction will be much more popular than the current Ellen's UoE pavilion. This will tell Chappie it was a good idea. Casual park goers who visit UoE and Bush gardens don't see anything out of place. They are conditioned to go from one attraction to another regardless of theme (Potter lands being the exception for Universal.)
However, I believe that if the park had received the proper updates, additions and refurbished during the previous 15 years, forcing this IP into UoE would not have been necessary.

mickey v-neck

The problem is the new GotG attraction will be much more popular than the current Ellen's UoE pavilion. This will tell Chappie it was a good idea. Casual park goers who visit UoE and Bush gardens don't see anything out of place. They are conditioned to go from one attraction to another regardless of theme (Potter lands being the exception for Universal.)
However, I believe that if the park had received the proper updates, additions and refurbished during the previous 15 years, forcing this IP into UoE would not have been necessary.

Opening a popular attraction. Yes, very problematic.

PorterRedkey

Opening a popular attraction. Yes, very problematic.

It is when it goes contrary to the mission statement of the park. Don't get me wrong I would love the UoE space to be used better, preferably through an update or a new Energy attraction? A Marvel superhero ride does not seem to provide any aspect of edutainment. I hope they can tie it in somehow.

You are part of the group that I referred to in my original post as casual fans. Forgive me if I am wrong.

A popular GotG attraction in the proper location would be welcomed. The UoE space is not where it belongs.

Cesar R M

Thats the point, they want to do it the cheapest possible and in a way to sell more toys/merchandise.

It is when it goes contrary to the mission statement of the park. Don't get me wrong I would love the UoE space to be used better, preferably through an update or a new Energy attraction? A Marvel superhero ride does not seem to provide any aspect of edutainment. I hope they can tie it in somehow.

You are part of the group that I referred to in my original post as casual fans. Forgive me if I am wrong.

A popular GotG attraction in the proper location would be welcomed. The UoE space is not where it belongs.

Considering how they just slapped Finding Nemo's story (badly) on the Seabase alpha ride with zero edutaiment or real changes.. I do not have my hopes very high for GOTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom