Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam Hates Penguins

Thats the point, they want to do it the cheapest possible and in a way to sell more toys/merchandise.

Considering how they just slapped Finding Nemo's story (badly) on the Seabase alpha ride with zero edutaiment or real changes.. I do not have my hopes very high for GOTG.

Again, people on these forums are more capable of coming up with the decisions than the ones who work for the Walt Disney Company.

SpaceMountain77

However, I believe that if the park had received the proper updates, additions and refurbished during the previous 15 years, forcing this IP into UoE would not have been necessary.

Sadly, if both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios been properly updated, then neither would have likely required a dramatic, thematic transformation. I am so tired of reading articles on other sites claiming that these theme parks must be destroyed to fix them (e.g., Jim Hill).

Seriously, a multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate was unable to do more with a media-themed park in its 27 year history? It is akin to a cosmetic dentist having bad teeth. Moreover, how could a company with a multibillion dollar investment in technology and data mining not have a greater ability to showcase emerging technologies?

britain

If you're trolling, you shouldn't. It's naughty.

If you're serious then you never will "get it".

I think it's legitimate for someone to argue that if the park becomes more popular that despite watering down the edutainment theme, it's worth it.

I love original Epcot Center. But which is better: A place labeled as boring and sorely lacking thrill rides? Or a place labeled as thematically inconsistent but a lot more fun?

I don't know myself, but it's not like a person pointing out the other side of the arguement will never "get it."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think it's legitimate for someone to argue that if the park becomes more popular that despite watering down the edutainment theme, it's worth it.

The park could become something new, fun and something popular again without becoming Magic Kingdom 2.0.

It would just be the more difficult route creatively and financially.

The person I quoted had proven time and time again by their posts they never "got" that the original park was greater than the sum of its parts. Either that or they just enjoy trolling and posting sarcastic comments that add nothing to the conversation expect to flame it.

Matt_Black

I love original Epcot Center. But which is better: A place labeled as boring and sorely lacking thrill rides? Or a place labeled as thematically inconsistent but a lot more fun?

"I am interested in entertaining people, in bringing pleasure, particularly laughter, to others, rather than being concerned with 'expressing' myself with obscure creative impressions."- Walt Disney

Matt_Black

They also said its a good attraction - if short and under capacity - in the wrong place.

That turned out too.

Yes. And? It's not like things haven't been in the wrong place in the past. Can anyone explain to me how a science fiction movie like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea fit in to Fantasyland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom