Grossest thing you ate at the parks?

Weather_Lady

The cheesy lobster pasta at the Coral Reef was quite bad a few years ago -- with pieces of lobster so tiny you needed a magnifying glass and tweezers to locate them, and drizzled with a "sauce" that tasted like tarragon and industrial chemicals and had a horrible, bitter aftertaste.

To be fair, I've had it again since (hope springs eternal), and the recipe has been changed and improved significantly since then

French Quarter

Right. I'd never eat 144 of them.

I haven't had a pork shank (and from what I hear, I never will, as I understand they've gotten rid of them).

They haven't gotten rid of them. That was a misunderstanding, wasn't it? Someone posted a photo of only one of the menu board's at Gaston's and said, "Look they aren't there any more," and then someone chimed in with a photo of the other menu board advertising them.

French Quarter

The grossest thing I ever had was a taste of my kids' Mickey Meatloaf at BOG. We love meatloaf in our house but we all found this to be inedible. It was turkey meatloaf, which is a bit different, but I use ground turkey in other dishes and like it just fine. It just wasn't used properly. Turkey is drier than ground beef but they didn't seem to make up for that anywhere and it was like eating sawdust with this horrible over-seasoned flavour. I honestly can't believe it is still on the menu.

Other than that, I can't think of anything from Disney that was gross but there are certainly things that aren't my favourites.

JoeV

Actually I think the food was better than what you typically find at the averge theme park. I was glad they had fruit options for snacks. Theme park food is usually greasy and laden with fat and calories. Disney was no exception but they have a much more diverse lineup with healthy entries. I enjoy the greasy stuff as a treat, but not all day.

POLY LOVER

I think Disney food is generally good. Tough subject everyones tastes vary. The only food I ever questioned was the hot dog at DHS , its the Dinosaur counter service resturant near the Lake, I forget the name. It was really bad, I had the burps all day long. It was the hot dog that kept on giving.

Weather_Lady

This. Felt like I was eating at a bad hospital cafeteria.

I concur. For us, it wasn't so much that anything tasted uniquely terrible at H&V -- it was that nothing tasted like anything at all. We were adrift in a sea of tepid, bland food which may or may not have already been digested and regurgitated by prior guests. It was the only meal we've ever had at WDW where we left the restaurant hungry!

zurgandfriend

Was it bad escargot or you just don't like escargot? And where did you get it?

My DW ordered them on our Disney-moon when we dined at Bistro du Paris, which is gone now. She loves them and said there were great. I did not care for it as I could not get rid of it fast enough. I think I spit it in my napkin then slipped it in the waiter's pocket when he wasn't looking.

Last edited:

Phonedave

Gross - I don' think anything I have had a WDW was downright gross. There were many pedestrian dishes, and a few outright bad ones, but I can't recall anything gross. However, that may just be me,. as I eat many many things, and do not find them gross.

Now the worst was Cape May Café dinner buffet. Just bad all around. Overcooked, yet cold, food. Clams with more sand that I have ever seen (It was almost as if they added sand to the clams). Soggy defrosted desserts with ice crystals still in them, and service issues as well.

-dave

Last edited:

tglancy

I've only ever had two meals that I didn't enjoy at Disney. In 2014 I went to Big River Grille and ordered the chicken alfredo. My son did too. And we both ended up sick and I got a day of puke and other things to show for it. I'm sure that people loved watching me get off the bus at MK, puking in the bushes, and getting right back on the bus to Beach Club. Lost a whole day of vacation and didn't feel right for the rest of my trip.

The second was the Vodoo Chicken at Boatwrights. It wasn't awful, but the chicken had no real flavor on it's own and the maple gravy was ok. Thankfully the BBQ shrimp app was on of the best things I've ever had at Disney, so it worked out. And I didn't get sick, so that's a plus!

jgj123

As others have said, the dinner buffet at Hollywood & Vine left much to be desired, plus there was a nauseating smell that we think was coming from the salmon.

I'd also put Chef Mickey's dinner buffet in this category, although the carving station and desserts (key lime tarts - yummmmm) made up for its deficiencies.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
OMG, it's the worst, isn't it?! I ordered some pesto monstrosity, but the only discernible flavor was overcooked noodle and canola oil.

When I decided on the pasta station that day I had no idea what I was getting into. It never crossed my mind that pasta with alfredo sauce could go that badly. I've had alfredo sauce elsewhere on Disney property and never had an issue. I'll never try that particular station again. Way too expensive to be that inedible.

Well, the flatbreads at Riverside Mill are delicious! Wife had the pasta (bleh) and I had the flatbread on our August trip. I'm drooling just thinking about having one the evening after we check in on 11/11.

I wish I had known this ahead of time. The pasta station was truly horrid. I get a little nauseous thinking about it now. I went to MK right after this disaster lunch and met people at Cosmic Rays. You know things are bad if Cosmic Rays is preferable to what you just tried to eat.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Vegetable lasagna at the Pop Century food court. This was probably 7 or 8 years ago so it may not still be offered but it was the most disgusting thing I've ever had on Disney property....:hungover:

OvertheHorizon

I don't even know if this place exists anymore. A number of years ago we visited a sandwich shop on Tom Sawyer Island in the Magic Kingdom. I swear we got a sandwich that was a week old. Not good. Haven't been to Tom Sawyer Island since.

DisneyFans4Life

As others have said, the dinner buffet at Hollywood & Vine left much to be desired, plus there was a nauseating smell that we think was coming from the salmon.

I'd also put Chef Mickey's dinner buffet in this category, although the carving station and desserts (key lime tarts - yummmmm) made up for its deficiencies.
No...don't say this about Chef Mickey's...I have an ADR there in early 2016 and am really looking forward to it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom