Grossest thing you ate at the parks?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Yeah your better off dining CS in DHS at either Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co. or Sunset Market. Otherwise do TS or take a break from the park and dine at one of the many restaurants found in the resorts around Crescent Lake.

We'll probably just end up at Studio Catering Co like we normally do. I'm calling this trip "Adventures in Counter Service." I'm on an extremely tight budget this trip so we are not eating any TS. It's going to be 100% counter service and snacks from home. I've been studying CS menus and trying to plan to eat places I don't normally go. ABC Commissary is definitely a place I rarely go so that's why I was considering it. Apparently there's a very good reason why I rarely go there.

NiarrNDisney

We'll probably just end up at Studio Catering Co like we normally do. I'm calling this trip "Adventures in Counter Service." I'm on an extremely tight budget this trip so we are not eating any TS. It's going to be 100% counter service and snacks from home. I've been studying CS menus and trying to plan to eat places I don't normally go. ABC Commissary is definitely a place I rarely go so that's why I was considering it. Apparently there's a very good reason why I rarely go there.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the menu or your taste n food but you may want to check out Starring Rolls. They have a pretty limited menu but what it offers is really good. Remember they do close around 4pm!

mouse_luv

I think I may have mentioned this before but it bares repeating!
Back in 95' I dined at Cosmic Ray's and they served blue mayonnaise and green mustard. It didn't taste bad or differently it just wasn't appetizing to look at. Sometimes its better just to leave things as they are and not add food coloring for a "futuristic" theme.

That wasn't just Disney, that was a Heinz campaign in general, they had purple as well. All the kids used to think it was cool I guess, but I always wanted to gag when I saw the stuff. :hungover:

disney4life2008

Yeah your better off dining CS in DHS at either Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co. or Sunset Market. Otherwise do TS or take a break from the park and dine at one of the many restaurants found in the resorts around Crescent Lake.

Honestly backlot express is no better. But its edible. If you have the ticket option, I would actually take the boat from HS to WS and have lunch somewhere there. I usually arrive at HS at opening and spend a few hours before the crowds come then head over to WS for fish and chips. Then take the boat back to HS and watch beauty and the beast.

disney4life2008

Nothing I ate was gross, but I was really dissapointed in the "nachos" I got from Casey's... I expected melted nacho cheese dip and tortilla chips, but I got shredded cheese thrown on top of tortilla chips...

Nachos is questionable at any QS place. Honestly, the best nachos is actually at Buffalo Wild Wings (chicken and beef) for $9.99 YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Sweet Melissa

There is a reason it is called the "SWEET cream cheese pretzel" ;) lol!
Maybe an oldbie can set me straight on this, but I really think they may have added the "sweet" to the description at some point for clarity. I just remember a really stark contrast between expectation and reality on that one.

mouse_luv

Maybe an oldbie can set me straight on this, but I really think they may have added the "sweet" to the description at some point for clarity. I just remember a really stark contrast between expectation and reality on that one.
No, they've pretty much always been the sweet cream cheese pretzel. I used to love these things for years so...

HouCuseChickie

@AJH219 is it the haggis they've been serving the last couple of years? If so, I think you're safe as that's vegetarian haggis. Now if they had the real stuff predating the veggie version...I know it's crazy, but I'm jealous! Mind you, I like traditional haggis, but I hadn't seen them serving it at F&W (just the veggie stuff) - or I would have ordered it :D

Beyond that, gross is a strong word and I'm one of those people that will try just about anything at least once. Still, the seafood mac & cheese at CHH is quite a stomach-churning concoction. They got the mac all wrong for combo with seafood and the seafood had a bait-like quality. :hungry:

Sweet Melissa

@AJH219 is it the haggis they've been serving the last couple of years? If so, I think you're safe as that's vegetarian haggis. Now if they had the real stuff predating the veggie version...I know it's crazy, but I'm jealous! Mind you, I like traditional haggis, but I hadn't seen them serving it at F&W (just the veggie stuff) - or I would have ordered it :D
The haggis at the Scotland marketplace made its debut as a vegetarian item, but word on the street is that it changed to a traditional version this year.

French Quarter

Haggis is absolutely fantastic. I've never had it at WDW, but I ate it several times when I visited Scotland a few years ago. It's very heavy but delicious as a breakfast meat.

I assume people decide not to like it before they even try it. I don't understand how people can gladly eat hot dogs or sausage but be grossed out by haggis. I really do think it's one of the most delicious dishes I have ever eaten and every time I get to have it, it is a treat.

Last edited:

French Quarter

Nothing I ate was gross, but I was really dissapointed in the "nachos" I got from Casey's... I expected melted nacho cheese dip and tortilla chips, but I got shredded cheese thrown on top of tortilla chips...

Was it melted? Isn't that most commonly how nachos are served in the real world?

Nemo14

I assume people decide not to like it before they even try it. I don't understand how people can gladly eat hot dogs or sausage but be grossed out by haggis. I really do think it's one of the most delicious dishes I have ever eaten and ever time I get to have it, it is a treat.
Perhaps some people just don't like it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Grossest thing I ever had was the Lobster Pasta from Coral Reef...with a close second being the chicken dish I got at Cindy's Royal Table last trip....but, the Lobster Pasta was just inedible (it tasted rank).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom