Gran Fiesta Tour Rumor

Buried20KLeague

Disney has recycled 70s AAs before, Oggie Boggie in HMH is made up of Big Al from Disneyland's CBJ (they had two of him).

With the 3 Cabs figures there is no need to create new skins and costumes and new parts can be put inside (like the Tiki Birds got, also in Disneyland in 2005). There's no issue with designing new figures from scratch and if only 1 set of the 3 is used there are 2 extra ones for spare parts.

Don't forget Splash Mountain too is made up of 70s AAs (from American Sings) duplicated for other Magic Kingdoms that have the ride.

So you're saying use the "skins", and fill them with different mechanics. That I'd be okay with... Like I said, they'd HAVE to do something with them... They couldn't just unbolt them there and plug them in here.

Although I'm pretty sure even that would prove to be a big job... A lot of the joints (arms, shoulders, wrists) don't move on them currently. They'd have to have new arms, I'm sure... And even the mouths don't currently move...

Hmm...

The more I think about it, I think it's even LESS probable. :lol:

AWESOME info about Big Al. I had no idea. At all. That's a cool little nugget.

TalkingHead

Disney has recycled 70s AAs before, Oggie Boggie in HMH is made up of Big Al from Disneyland's CBJ (they had two of him).

With the 3 Cabs figures there is no need to create new skins and costumes and new parts can be put inside (like the Tiki Birds got, also in Disneyland in 2005). There's no issue with designing new figures from scratch and if only 1 set of the 3 is used there are 2 extra ones for spare parts.

Don't forget Splash Mountain too is made up of 70s AAs (from American Sings) duplicated for other Magic Kingdoms that have the ride.

I think you mean DL's Splash has recycled figures from America Sings. The other Splashes, including MK's, have original figures.

Animaniac93-98

So you're saying use the "skins", and fill them with different mechanics. That I'd be okay with... Like I said, they'd HAVE to do something with them... They couldn't just unbolt them there and plug them in here.

Although I'm pretty sure even that would prove to be a big job... A lot of the joints (arms, shoulders, wrists) don't move on them currently. They'd have to have new arms, I'm sure... And even the mouths don't currently move...

Hmm...

The more I think about it, I think it's even LESS probable. :lol:

AWESOME info about Big Al. I had no idea. At all. That's a cool little nugget.

I never said the idea was probable, it was just an idea. How the OP found out this "rumor" is beyond me (unless Screamscape is stalking me for post ideas :lookaroun).

Disney these days is reluctant to build new AAs from scratch (Al has mentioned RSR and LM having a tough time fighting to keep theirs), but to suggest that they would never recycle or update older figures is nonsense Don't forget about the "geese" in Star Tours too.

In terms or replacing parts, at least there is no research and time spent on figuring what the parts are and how they fit inot the figure, it's all there for programers and engineers to see, along with any drawings of the figures that might be kept in an archives somewhere. There is certainly money to be saved here IF Disney chose to put more AAs into the attraction.

Buried20KLeague

I never said the idea was probable, it was just an idea. How the OP found out this "rumor" is beyond me (unless Screamscape is stalking me for post ideas :lookaroun).

Disney these days is reluctant to build new AAs from scratch (Al has mentioned RSR and LM having a tough time fighting to keep theirs), but to suggest that they would never recycle or update older figures is nonsense Don't forget about the "geese" in Star Tours too.

In terms or replacing parts, at least there is no research and time spent on figuring what the parts are and how they fit inot the figure, it's all there for programers and engineers to see, along with any drawings of the figures that might be kept in an archives somewhere. There is certainly money to be saved here IF Disney chose to put more AAs into the attraction.

:eek::eek: I hadn't read anything about that!! Where is that article? I'd love to read it.

I can't even imagine the fury it will cause if TLM is primarily screen based. Even more so than RSR... TLM deserves the whole nine yards. Anything less, and there's gonna be an uproar.

Animaniac93-98

:eek::eek: I hadn't read anything about that!! Where is that article? I'd love to read it.

I can't even imagine the fury it will cause if TLM is primarily screen based. Even more so than RSR... TLM deserves the whole nine yards. Anything less, and there's gonna be an uproar.

I don't have a link for the article but it was posted earlier this year. Apparently RSR is fine, but LM was having more issues.

Don't you people read Al Lutz's articles on Miceage on a regular basis!? :p

The Conundrum

But they're based on the America Sings originals (at least the ones chosen to be duplicated, like the showboat animals).

Actually nah the florida and japenese SM figures don't really resemble the America Sings figurs at all. They are shaped differently and have an entirely differnet look/design. In fact alot of the figures at the beginning of Florida's version like the rabbit sweeping her steps and the roadrunner aren't even in the Disneyland version (though the DL version has far more AA's)

meganw1985

I don't care what they do to the ride, I will still love it. I just hope that if they DO bring the AAs, they teach them how to sing in English :lol:

Buried20KLeague

I don't have a link for the article but it was posted earlier this year. Apparently RSR is fine, but LM was having more issues.

Sure I do! That's what made me ask... I didn't remember anything recently about the topic.

People here knock him, but I loves me some Lutz.
:cool:

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed. Put in screens, and it's just Nemo.:snore: When will Disney realize that AA's are part of the formula? It's what makes them special!

SirGoofy

If they make TLM a screen based attraction, I may call for open rebellion.

Lasseter, you promised me a true E-ticket. I want my E-ticket.

drossjr

AA's would be a nice feature to this attraction. My fav part however when you first start out and you sail thru the darkness past the temple and the village. awesome!

nemofinder22

Was it this one? I think this is before the rumors started coming out, then cleared up.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al030309a.htm
The Little Mermaid; Ariel's Adventure: Anyone who has seen the latest mockups and plans for this big budget E Ticket family attraction would understandably question whether or not it was going forward in this tough economic climate. But the truth is that it is all still right on track and on schedule for 2011.
The version of this new E-Ticket proposed for Walt Disney World's tired Fantasyland was originally postponed back in the fall, and then put further into the deep freeze just after Christmas by Orlando executives. The Orlando team's aversion to adding the expensive Little Mermaid any time soon might be where some of the rumors of its delay in Anaheim have been coming from. But the DCA version of Little Mermaid, which might end up being the only version available anywhere for the next decade, will begin its construction in April. (Yes, more walls!)
The budget on this one was allowed to swell to over 100 Million, and it's held there, as John Lasseter and everyone involved in the DCA makeover is adamant that the park needs a big, musical, animatronic family attraction of the type that Disneyland made famous back in the 1960's. While the creation of the set pieces and animatronics will be underway up in Imagineering's facilities in Tujunga and Glendale, the construction of the facility itself will be going full steam at DCA this summer. The current timeline has this mega-attraction with its attached water playground and lavishly themed building opening in June, 2011. This will be the same time that the current Ariel's Grotto restaurant across the boardwalk reopens as a Victorian themed "Princess Palace" character dining restaurant.

It looks like it will be pretty amazing!
http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/7/dl142083_original.jpg

But back to Gran Fiesta Tour I hope its true, its kind of a disappointment to see them on a screen. It would be a great way to recycle the AAs.

If WDW doesn't clean up its act and start putting new attractions in (not including Star Tours 2.0) before the 40th then their going to be losing a lot of people in the next few years and decades to come.

Maerj

Adding AAs to the Gran Fiesta Tour is a great idea, I really would like to see that. I'd also like to see the ride rethemed slightly so that its about Mexico. :eek: Simply adding some narration might help to make more than the "Where's Donald?" Ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom