Gran Fiesta Tour Rumor

the-reason14

Gran Fiesta is one of the few character overlays I've been okay with in the last 10 years. While I hate nonstop video screen attractions - Toy Story Mania, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, and Crush's Turtle Talk - at least this one breaks up the monotony a bit with the singing children room and the beautfiul theming. There's also a story here, which is more than I can say for those other three. I miss the theme song to El Rio Del Tiempo, but I always found the bartering scene more than a little cringe-worthy, so to not have to see that anymore is a real plus. Granted, Gran Fiesta could be made better by the addition of a few Audio-Animatronic Caballeros (but probably not in the finale scene), a little more focus on Mexico, and the return of the original El Rio song at some point, I still like it a lot better than the original.

I used to feel this way, but not so much anymore. The ride's ok, but I kinda miss el rio del tiempo. Im sure that by adding donald and co, they thought the lines would increase, but its pretty much the same 10 people that were infront of me before the refurb. I think that this can greatly benefit with the addition of a few AAs. This ride is pretty much the exact some thing as nemo which just happens to be in the same park. "Where's Donald, we must find him." Where's nemo, where are ya son, we must find him." It also doesnt help that both attractions are screen based.

kingslyZISSOU

am I the only one who thinks this would be a bad idea, even if it were plausible?

very old AAs with limited movement are replacing quality custom animation? I don't think so...

kingslyZISSOU

I used to feel this way, but not so much anymore. The ride's ok, but I kinda miss el rio del tiempo. Im sure that by adding donald and co, they thought the lines would increase, but its pretty much the same 10 people that were infront of me before the refurb. I think that this can greatly benefit with the addition of a few AAs. This ride is pretty much the exact some thing as nemo which just happens to be in the same park. "Where's Donald, we must find him." Where's nemo, where are ya son, we must find him." It also doesnt help that both attractions are screen based.

I too miss the original, but still enjoy the new version.

huh, I never realized how it's pretty much the same ride...

MythBuster

Last week I heard a rumor that I have not seen mentioned here so I thought I would share. Again this is a rumor so don't take it as fact. The rumor involves the finale of Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros at Epcot. Rumor has it that the finale scene in which the concert takes place will lose the video screen and add animatronics instead. The animatronics are coming from Tokyo Disneyland's Mickey Mouse revue show that recently closed. If true i really think it would make for a great addition to the ride.

I can confirm that rumor because I have seen those 3 AA figures with my own eyes, they are currently backstage at Mexico, they need a little rehab and some new clothes. There is Panchito, Donald, and Jose.

I not sure what other people are thinking about, but they arent Small World type dolls. They are normal size animal figures about 2 - 3 ft tall. They have about 16 -20 functions, both hydraulic and pneumatic. They have both digital and analog functions so they can be programmed however the animator sees fit

Enchantâmes

Jesus, They are adding AA's to Grand Fiesta Tour and everyone is so pessimistic... Did I miss something, since when was it a horrible thing to have AA's in a ride?

Animaniac93-98

I can confirm that rumor because I have seen those 3 AA figures with my own eyes, they are currently backstage at Mexico, they need a little rehab and some new clothes. There is Panchito, Donald, and Jose.

I not sure what other people are thinking about, but they arent Small World type dolls. They are normal size animal figures about 2 - 3 ft tall. They have about 16 -20 functions, both hydraulic and pneumatic. They have both digital and analog functions so they can be programmed however the animator sees fit

O_RY_LEE__by_spootdemon.jpg

I find that to be fishy.

But as for the AAs, people, do yourselves a favor and actually look up video of them on youtube.

Figment632

I find that to be fishy.

But as for the AAs, people, do yourselves a favor and actually look up video of them on youtube.

I've seen them before and it's not like they are the SGE AA they are normal standard 70's Disney AA's.

Like I said I think they would work better in the map room.

Oddysey

The only part of the new ride that was plussed when compared to El Tiempo is the ending. I normally dont like the digital screens, but it was a massive upgrade over the carousel of dancers. The old carousel reminded me of a parody cartoon that the Simpsons did of WDW.

_Scar

Nothing can make that ride a very, very good ride. Just a time waster ride to get off your feet. :lol: It's honest.

SirGoofy

It would only be 3 at the end. :shrug: Not a game changer imo.

Plussing the show is ALWAYS a game changer, and the reason Disney used to be at the top of the themed attractions business. Doing this would give me a small amount of hope for the future.

worldfanatic

I disagree. I like the ride quite a bit. An the addition of some very fine AAs can do nothing but improve the ride.

I agree.
It's not supposed to be a major attraction, just a relaxing, fun, little ride.
I love it, and a plus, any kind of plus, would be a positive.

CBOMB

If what MythBuster says is true, than Gran Fiesta will go from a decent ride, to a very, very good ride.:D
You've been spending to much time in the jungle Skipper!:D
I disagree. I like the ride quite a bit. An the addition of some very fine AAs can do nothing but improve the ride.
AAs are kind of like bacon. They make anything better.
Plussing the show is ALWAYS a game changer, and the reason Disney used to be at the top of the themed attractions business. Doing this would give me a small amount of hope for the future.
Sometimes I feel like hope is all we have.

EPCOT Explorer

Jesus, They are adding AA's to Grand Fiesta Tour and everyone is so pessimistic... Did I miss something, since when was it a horrible thing to have AA's in a ride?
I don't get it either...Even though they are old, they would be brought up to show standard.
Well they are 38 years old.
See above!

I find that to be fishy.

LEE!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Enchantâmes

Well they are 38 years old.
I've seen these figures in person in Tokyo, they work just fine, move quite smoothly, and are not slow at all. Don't play that age card with me. You are talking to a person who if he had the power would tear down Soarin to rebuild Kitchen Kabaret. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom