Gran Fiesta Tour Rumor

Animaniac93-98

Was it this one? I think this is before the rumors started coming out, then cleared up.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al030309a.htm

I looked at that article while trying to find the one I mentioned earlier, but that wasn't it. Whether or not it was Al (seems the most likely) I remember someone posting the concern with the number of AAs and Little Mermaid. Of course it was just a rumor, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least fo the number of robots built was 2/3rds or 3/4qrs the original intention.

Hopefully Mermiad will not be compromised when built, as the article you did bring up mention, Lasseter is right that DCA needs an large scale AA heaver dark ride.

NiarrNDisney

Adding AAs to the Gran Fiesta Tour is a great idea, I really would like to see that. I'd also like to see the ride rethemed slightly so that its about Mexico. :eek: Simply adding some narration might help to make more than the "Where's Donald?" Ride.

Exactly, Couldn't have said it better myself!

CBOMB

If they make TLM a screen based attraction, I may call for open rebellion.

Lasseter, you promised me a true E-ticket. I want my E-ticket.
I don't think you would have any trouble raising an Army either.

Gran Fiesta Tour has lost all of it's innocent charm for me. Adding AAs could only improve this ride. I have serious doubts though, that it will ever happen.

Horizonsfan

I loved the original version. They should have left it alone.

I agree with you up till the second sentence. The original ride was fun and actually about Mexico but it was badly badly badly dated and a little too cheesy. If they could have tried to retain the original concept of the ride, modernized it, and re-recorded the ride's catchy song it would have been much better.

As far as those AAs coming to GFT, I would welcome them just about anywhere. It would be even better if they used all 9 figures through out the ride. I'm hoping that this is one of the smallish projects '74 hinted at for Epcot.

Slowjack

The original ride was fun and actually about Mexico but it was badly badly badly dated and a little too cheesy. If they could have tried to retain the original concept of the ride, modernized it, and re-recorded the ride's catchy song it would have been much better.
I'm with you. The old ride needed a revamp, but the changes just made the ride character-centric, without making it better. I wish they had waited until they had the money to reduce the reliance on screens...

EPCOT Explorer

Was it this one? I think this is before the rumors started coming out, then cleared up.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al030309a.htm

It looks like it will be pretty amazing!
http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/files/4/1/2/7/dl142083_original.jpg

But back to Gran Fiesta Tour I hope its true, its kind of a disappointment to see them on a screen. It would be a great way to recycle the AAs.

VERY good to hear....I can only hope WDW's gets the same treatment!

ttalovebug

I agree with you up till the second sentence. The original ride was fun and actually about Mexico but it was badly badly badly dated and a little too cheesy. If they could have tried to retain the original concept of the ride, modernized it, and re-recorded the ride's catchy song it would have been much better.

As far as those AAs coming to GFT, I would welcome them just about anywhere. It would be even better if they used all 9 figures through out the ride. I'm hoping that this is one of the smallish projects '74 hinted at for Epcot.

Agreed there. But, I'm probably in the minority when I say would rather have the old, dated one instead of the new one. I really hate the new one.

fngoofy

While I love the idea of losing that big screen at the end of Gran Fiesta, aren't the Three Caballeros Audio Animatronic characters from Mickey Mouse Revue just a bit too small for such a big finale room? I've only seen Mickey Mouse Revue in video form, but all of the figures in it seem perfect in size for an up-close stage show, but kinda puny when placed in a room as large as Gran Fiesta's finale. I could be completely wrong, though...

yes, and they are very rudimentary. Didn't that show start in WDW, then move over to Tokyo? Those are little more than Chucky Cheese figures aren't they?

WDW1974

I haven't heard of adding the old AA's to Mexico and doubt they'd do it.

While I enjoy the spirit of the old ride more than the tooned up version, the animation is high quality (think Eric Goldberg did it).

WDW and EPCOT have far more pressing needs than recycling ancient AAs.

EPCOT Explorer

I liked El Rio, better, of course, but I don't mind the new one. :shrug:

I think they both pulled the same amount of people, however. And that says something.

_Scar

The best of the ride is watching the people eat in the beautiful room. The worst part of the ride is watching the people eat in the beautiful room.

CThaddeus

Gran Fiesta is one of the few character overlays I've been okay with in the last 10 years. While I hate nonstop video screen attractions - Toy Story Mania, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, and Crush's Turtle Talk - at least this one breaks up the monotony a bit with the singing children room and the beautfiul theming. There's also a story here, which is more than I can say for those other three. I miss the theme song to El Rio Del Tiempo, but I always found the bartering scene more than a little cringe-worthy, so to not have to see that anymore is a real plus. Granted, Gran Fiesta could be made better by the addition of a few Audio-Animatronic Caballeros (but probably not in the finale scene), a little more focus on Mexico, and the return of the original El Rio song at some point, I still like it a lot better than the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom