GM and Test Track

hpyhnt 1000

Atyerservice.:D

Download that MS Tribute yet? Amazing, isn't it?:eek:

I did and my stupid computer will play the narration and music beautifully, but I HAVE NO VIDEO! Apparently, I have to download or install a new decoder somethng or other in order to view images. I guess when my system crashed a few months ago, it took that with it. I have the same problem with DVDs right now, but those just don't play at all. So, until I install that new program or what not, I can't actually view the video. :( Really making me angry. :mad:

EPCOT Explorer

I did and my stupid computer will play the narration and music beautifully, but I HAVE NO VIDEO! Apparently, I have to download or install a new decoder somethng or other in order to view images. I guess when my system crashed a few months ago, it took that with it. I have the same problem with DVDs right now, but those just don't play at all. So, until I install that new program or what not, I can't actually view the video. :( Really making me angry. :mad:

That stinks!:(:fork:

A simple AVI player should do it right?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Maybe they'll eventually fix the audio on the cars too. The last 3 times i rode it, the audio was out for 2/3 of the ride

hpyhnt 1000

That stinks!:(:fork:

A simple AVI player should do it right?

In theory. But thats not cutting it right now. :shrug:

Maybe I can use this to get my parents to buy me a new laptop a bit early. We had agreed that I would wait until I graduated from high school, but maybe I can persuade them... :drevil: ;)

:lol:

Disneyson 1

Am I the only one who will acknowledge the large obese simian in the room? ahem..

Cars. The Pixar movie. Carsland. The new land in DCA that will include a next-gen upgrade of TT. Marni talking about 'enhancements to the ride'. Don't you see?!? PIXARFICATION!!!! AHHH! Must... resist!

What would they do? I suppose that Lightning and Mater would be the 2 guys there in the pre-show now. Lighting, I suppose, wants upgrades for his big race and he enlists you to test out his parts in his ongoing search for innovative technology...? I suppose Mater would push the button for the crash test. The pre-show could then, I guess, have some genuinely funny moments. And during the ride, the characters could show up recording the results for the tests? I guess it would be cool to have Sally, Doc, and Flo along the track giving commentary. And in full AA form! Ah, what this ride has needed for, like, ever! And would Mac be the truck that you nearly crash into? That makes sense. And the finale, I suppose, would be the test for the final race. There could be mock Radiator Springs rock formations in the place where the current horrid parking lot is. And then Guido & Luigi could flag you in! And you would finally see Lightning & Mater at the end, finally giving this attraction proper closure! It would have a much better set of special effects, a timeless storyline that still has to do with the future, and... wait...

STUPID PIXAR!

hpyhnt 1000

Am I the only one who will acknowledge the large obese simian in the room? ahem..

Cars. The Pixar movie. Carsland. The new land in DCA that will include a next-gen upgrade of TT. Marni talking about 'enhancements to the ride'. Don't you see?!? PIXARFICATION!!!! AHHH! Must... resist!

What would they do? I suppose that Lightning and Mater would be the 2 guys there in the pre-show now. Lighting, I suppose, wants upgrades for his big race and he enlists you to test out his parts in his ongoing search for innovative technology...? I suppose Mater would push the button for the crash test. The pre-show could then, I guess, have some genuinely funny moments. And during the ride, the characters could show up recording the results for the tests? I guess it would be cool to have Sally, Doc, and Flo along the track giving commentary. And in full AA form! Ah, what this ride has needed for, like, ever! And would Mac be the truck that you nearly crash into? That makes sense. And the finale, I suppose, would be the test for the final race. There could be mock Radiator Springs rock formations in the place where the current horrid parking lot is. And then Guido & Luigi could flag you in! And you would finally see Lightning & Mater at the end, finally giving this attraction proper closure! It would have a much better set of special effects, a timeless storyline that still has to do with the future, and... wait...

STUPID PIXAR!

That is brilliant and horrifying at the same time. :lookaroun

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

STUPID PIXAR!
Actually I think he hinted AGAINST it, thank God.:rolleyes::lol:

Why would they do that to a already popular attraction?

EpcotServo

STUPID PIXAR!

:sohappy:

Heaven forbid PIXAR make anything better.
:rolleyes:

kimmychad

Not really.

On one of the very first nights of sneek previews in December of 1998, we braved the chilling cold of one of Florida's coldest days snaking outside the former World of Motion building in a 3 hour line, JUST so we could see WDI's long-awaited Test Track for the first time. Even me, a total scaredy-cat at the time, waited the entire evening to ride it. (You know the giant canopy? Well before Fastpass that was side to side switchbacks for as far as the eye could see.) All just so we could be hurled areound at 65MPH in the CHILLING WINDS. Cut to 2005. We waited outside the plain blue gate behind Imagination for four hours sitting on the dirty ground JUST because we heard that there was an unlikely, possibly, JUST MAYBE, there MIGHT be a SLIM CHANCE that they'd take guests into Soarin' at EPCOT for the first time. Our patenice payed off.

No, I can't understand NOT waiting in a long line for something we HAVEN'T done. I will wait in ANY line if it is a ride I haven't been on. It's just something we were born to do.

Something we were MADE to do.

"The good stuff".

In short, "In MY day we waited in line and we were PROUD to do it!"

ok servo, I have a question. my first trip to disney was in 2005, after fastpass was implemented. how were the lines beforw fastpass at TT or wherever. thanks

EpcotServo

ok servo, I have a question. my first trip to disney was in 2005, after fastpass was implemented. how were the lines beforw fastpass at TT or wherever. thanks

They key to why Fastpass is no good isn't the actual length of how long the lines were, it's how long YOU WAIT in those lines. FOR INSTANCE:

Say Test Track has a big wait outside the door before Fastpass. It looks long, but it moves at a decent clip.

Now take the SAME ride and make another line with people coming in, that same line out that door may LOOK just like it was, but in reality those people aren't moving as fast as they would be without Fastpasses.

Take the 3 hour line I waited in. If there were loads of Fastpass people coming in, it'd be the same length, but I'd be in it for an hour longer.

To answer your question, the lines at vary by ride, fastpass situation, and popularity.

RSoxNo1

So many people complain about the Pixarification of the parks. What I think is a more apt complaint is replacing superior attractions with inferior ones. I'm not talking about the likes of Horizons or World of Motion. Sure those were popular to Disney purists, but the masses wanted thrill rides, and Test Track (and to a lesser extent) Mission Space have been draws for the park. Although it was something posted on a message board and at this time nothing more, a Cars overlay for Test Track would probably improve that attraction's popularity even further.

The stuff that bothers me are things like putting all of your eggs in one basket, one effect, that is unreliable, or somehow detracts from the remainder of the attraction.

A very impressive animatronic was wasted in Stitch's Great Escape, and replaced a ride that was more popular than the current inhabitant of that building. Now it seems like we're stuck with Stitch in Tomorrowland until the cost of the overlay can be totally accounted for by the pencil pushers. The only hope is that the animatronic may move over to Adventureland to bring some life into the Tiki Room.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends was in my opinion a successful overlay. It brings me into a pavilion that I haven't visited in years, but the ride includes a kuka arm robot that was installed despite knowing it wouldn't be as reliable as it needed to be - operating for 12 hours a day.

Expedition Everest was built, largely because the touring public didn't "get" Animal Kingdom. Me personally, it's my favorite park, but that's neither here nor there. The centerpiece of the ride was a massive AA figure that when installed, it was known would require regular maintenance every 3 months or so. What happened? This required maintenance was seemingly ignored, and now the most complicated and impressive Animatronic on Disney property lowers the overall experience of the ride.

I don't care if the next ten new attractions are all based on Pixar properties if all ten of those attractions are well thought out, well maintained, and well received by the masses. What I don't want to see are divisions of the company not working together. When divisions like Park Operations interfere with Imagineering, problems arise. Conversely, if Imagineering knows that it's $10 million Yeti animatronic isn't going to be properly maintained, find a better allocation of that $10 million that can plus the attraction and appease the park ops people. Right now we have a giant Yeti stuffed animal, an Angler Fish that appears to be dangling from an invisible fishing poll, and one of the most impressive AA's in Stitch prancing around in the dark.

This kind of brings up, and maybe it should be a separate thread, what is the most high maintainence attraction at Walt Disney World? I might guess Mission: Space, becuase there must have to be a lot of interlocks and safety features to keep, for example, people from going out of their capsules when it is moving, and to keep people from opening the outer door when it is spinning too. Don't mean to scare anyone, but with all the people who have gone through it and the forces involved, and with the things people do, I think it is a wonder no one has been killed yet from opening the door and being hit by the ride. :eek:

Scar Junior

Not really.

On one of the very first nights of sneek previews in December of 1998, we braved the chilling cold of one of Florida's coldest days snaking outside the former World of Motion building in a 3 hour line, JUST so we could see WDI's long-awaited Test Track for the first time. Even me, a total scaredy-cat at the time, waited the entire evening to ride it. (You know the giant canopy? Well before Fastpass that was side to side switchbacks for as far as the eye could see.) All just so we could be hurled areound at 65MPH in the CHILLING WINDS. Cut to 2005. We waited outside the plain blue gate behind Imagination for four hours sitting on the dirty ground JUST because we heard that there was an unlikely, possibly, JUST MAYBE, there MIGHT be a SLIM CHANCE that they'd take guests into Soarin' at EPCOT for the first time. Our patenice payed off.

No, I can't understand NOT waiting in a long line for something we HAVEN'T done. I will wait in ANY line if it is a ride I haven't been on. It's just something we were born to do.

Something we were MADE to do.

"The good stuff".

In short, "In MY day we waited in line and we were PROUD to do it!"

I hear ya EpcotServo!

After several years of disappointment and failed expectations of the "amazing" new ride... we were lucky enough to visit during the grand opening in March of '99.

We arrived in line after only a few minutes past park opening... however, after technical problems our wait time ended up taking over 3 hours!

To this day, this is the longest I have ever waited for an attraction... However, if I'm present while a blockbuster attraction is opening... I'd gladly wait however long it takes to experience it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom