George K to Replace Meg Crofton as WDW head in early 2013

flynnibus

Premium Member
anyone know where megs house is? she is moving to Cali so I would be curious is she is selling. That could give a clue to if its a real permanent thing or a save face one.

Her address is easily located in www.whitepages.com - She has a place in Winter Park. Not even that expensive by her title standards.. less than 1M dollar condo/house.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
anyone know where megs house is? she is moving to Cali so I would be curious is she is selling. That could give a clue to if its a real permanent thing or a save face one.

Ok people, let's all hold on a second. Its odd for us to complain about Disney using NextGen to "spy" on us while we're getting to the point of trying to find where Meg lives? I think that's a bit of overkill.

Dasnowz

again like I said i am not spying on her. i know how to find all kinds of information. I used to work in real estate.

please read what was said. i am curious if its long term or short term. selling a house/ permanent relocation would be a hint of a long term change.

I am hoping for good changes. It is sad to see areas that are someones first impression and its filthy and neglected and nothing is being done. I am hoping that maybe things will get better. but if she is still having a hand in things I am worried. If she is short term then maybe when she really retired there will be hope for change.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Um ... yeah ... as someone I love dearly is fond of saying ''I don't want to tell you I told you so, but I did see it coming.'' ... Oops, but I did tell you so.

I wish more people (because plenty obviously do and not just fanbois after a few shots of tequila) just believed in the power of the Spirit. ... I wonder, am I trending on Twitter? Are any lifestylers or even my good buddy Al Lutz and his sidekick Dusty Sage giving me a shoutout?

Has @Jason_Garcia credited me and WDWMAGIC with breaking this story a month ago?

What about Tom "I scooped the NY Times by printing Disney's internal communications while interviewing with them for a job!'' Corless? ... Hi Blondie, Tommy, Gary and Co! We are gonna have so much fun together... just you guys, me and Georgie K. It'll be like old times ... well, for some of us!

It's very disingenuous for any media outlet (either real or the new social varietal) to act like this 'news' wasn't already broken. I don't, contrary to belief need the attention, but I do believe in basic ethics and NO ONE had this but me and only on WDWMAGIC.com -- THE source for WDW News and Information.

Well, I had a very busy day to start with and it got absolutely crazy in a MAGICal kinda way a little after 11 a.m. (on the west coast). But I do have so much to say and I hope to share some of that with you tonight (just not during Modern Family!)

So, I'll see you all a little later.

Malin

Dusty credited himself, Al and Kevin Yee with breaking the news but no mention of you or WDWMagic, sorry. I'd be interested on your thoughts on Michael Colglazier?

Mouse Detective

Well since he did a great job with DTD and PI being the Senior Vice President of Disney Sports Enterprises and Downtown Disney in Florida, what could go wrong?

Very good point. To call Pleasure Island anything short of a fiasco would be an understatement.

But not being discussed so far is Tom Wolber, who IS becoming the new SVP of DTD. He comes from Disney Cruise Line where despite the ship being full of little critters, was not afraid to have adult-only areas onboard so that ALL guests could have evening fun. I have to think (or hope) that kind of leadership could translate into SOMETHING finally happening at Pleasure Island!

PeterAlt

There's always hope. George is better than Meg. No doubt. But he's also more of the same. Like a baseball manager who is 58 and has had six MLB jobs already, yet gets hired for a seventh.

Also, realize George does fight for things. The Milennium Celebration was originally centered around the MK and he fought for it to be at EPCOT. He also fought for the money for a major addition, which turned out to be Mission Space, when the money was all but locked up for a new MK mountain.

Another thing in his corner is he ran the WDTC when Destination Disney was started and that (everything from Pal Mickey to DME to DDP and MYW tix) was the genesis of NEXT GEN.
I was liking the guy up until this post. He's the #%^% who tore down Horizon? He's the %*#* who re-routed funds for a new mountain for the MK? ?!?!? (Was it Fire Mountain?)

MK needs Fire Mountain, as it would go great with Adventureland (which DESPERATELY needs something big there). It would have fit in PERFECTLY (visually merging with the Polynessian, reflecting on the Seven Seas Lagoon from both points of view!)

Uggggg
Uggghhhhh
Ugggggggggghhhhhh

I wonder if they could ever fix this tragic mistake and re-secure those funds for its original purpose?

BigThunderMatt

I wish more people (because plenty obviously do and not just fanbois after a few shots of tequila) just believed in the power of the Spirit. ... I wonder, am I trending on Twitter? Are any lifestylers or even my good buddy Al Lutz and his sidekick Dusty Sage giving me a shoutout?

Never doubted you for a second, Spirit. I'm sure @Jimmy Thick is crying his eyes out to @jt04 and @Condorman at the moment though...

HMF

I was liking the guy up until this post. He's the #%^% who tore down Horizon? He's the %*#* who re-routed funds for a new mountain for the MK? ?!?!? (Was it Fire Mountain?)

MK needs Fire Mountain, as it would go great with Adventureland (which DESPERATELY needs something big there). It would have fit in PERFECTLY (visually merging with the Polynessian, reflecting on the Seven Seas Lagoon from both points of view!)

Uggggg
Uggghhhhh
Ugggggggggghhhhhh

I wonder if they could ever fix this tragic mistake and re-secure those funds for its original purpose?
The %%% that tore down Horizons was Michael Eisner. He felt it was too expensive to keep Horizons.

Figment1986

Dusty credited himself, Al and Kevin Yee with breaking the news but no mention of you or WDWMagic, sorry. I'd be interested on your thoughts on Michael Colglazier?
Various sites often credit themselves... though so many don't do research either... As far as i can tell, Spirit may have had the earliest mention though....

drew81

I have it on good authority that the Spirit will manifest here later this evening.

Indeed. Was there ever any doubt?

You should use that. A WDWMagic Exclusive Scoop! You read it here first!

Al really should have credited Spirit in his article yesterday...

How many TDO employees are staying up and waiting to hear what he says??

disney fan 13

LOL, DLR is in for a treat! :p. JK, though it is disheartening to hear that someone who would not maintain the very limited amount of attractions at DAK go to a place like DLR.

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, some thoughts on today's reshuffling in P&R ranks.

It was expected (by some of us). George coming back home for a swan song that will play up his Florida roots and, possibly, his being out as a gay man running the country's largest 'family' resort, was not surprising. I think once George got the DLP gig in 2006, the goal was always to turn it into something that brought him back home at a higher level. I am sure it was tough on him because of family concerns (his partner, Andy, worked at TDA during his first stint in Anaheim and was also employed there, I believe, when he was in Paris ... and George's mother in law passed away during his tenure in Paris as well).

Meg staying on in her current position really isn't much of a surprise, although I am a bit surprised that it will mean much more travel. Folks have told me to not expect her to be in this position for long and that she is being rewarded by going out on her terms.

Disney making multiple changes yet not firing a single exec or bringing in a single outsider is (sadly) not surprising either. This IS how the company has run this division for as long as I can recall.

Michael Colglazier becoming DLR Prez is borderline shocking on the face. While many of his CMs seem to like the guy, there's no doubting he also ran DAK as it fell apart. It's three signature attractions have all had major show issues since he has been in charge. And let's not forget that Legal made them put up netting when a small piece of the ToL fell off. We still don't know why this happened or if they'll ever remove the eyesores they put up.

More to follow since I don't trust my computer ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom