George K to Replace Meg Crofton as WDW head in early 2013

BlueSkyDriveBy

FOR THE LOVE OF MINNIE! NOOOOOO!

Josh D'Amaro has been named vice president of Disney's Animal Kingdom, reporting to Jim MacPhee. Josh comes from a position as head of Adventures by Disney.

Burbank is putting this guy in charge of running DAK, coming from the Disney house created for folks with too much money on their hands?

I do not want to see DAK develop a boutique park. NO!

:mad:

Dasnowz

funny how nothing has been said to the cm's. there was discussion about this on Saturday among my area and no one knew anything. no coordinators no managers no one

wannabeBelle

It will be interesting to see what kind of hopes/fears everyone has for the folks moving into the new positions. Let the discussions begin!!! Marie

Dasnowz

anyone know where megs house is? she is moving to Cali so I would be curious is she is selling. That could give a clue to if its a real permanent thing or a save face one.

HMF

My Take: This is possibly very good news for WDW. (depending on whether he is able to continue what he has been doing in Anaheim of course.) As for Anaheim I really don't know why Mary Niven was not given the job and considering the Yeti situation happened on his watch I am not too excited about Michael Colglazier, hopefully the folks at TDA and Al Lutz can reel him in and the momentum in Anaheim can continue.

SirLink

FOR THE LOVE OF MINNIE! NOOOOOO!

Josh D'Amaro has been named vice president of Disney's Animal Kingdom, reporting to Jim MacPhee. Josh comes from a position as head of Adventures by Disney.

Burbank is putting this guy in charge of running DAK, coming from the Disney house created for folks with too much money on their hands?

I do not want to see DAK develop a boutique park. NO!

:mad:

It had the boutique experience of $200 for crossing a rope bridge and eat some ethnic-lite food though. I have to say though ABD is supposed to be a good product on a similar level to the DCL but it has been about 4 years since my friend went on one to Australia...he seemed to like it though...

Dasnowz

i didnt ask for her address, i simply said if someone knows if its for sale or not. Its public records someplace and I am sure I can find it. I am just lazy. I was asking as an indicator if the move is permanent or we can get an idea if as said above its a temp thing for her to save face.

HMF

Cause they need a CEO that cares about the Brand, a CFO that cares about the Brand and P&R Chairman that cares about the product he is peddling...basically once you get rid of the 3 Stooges ... we have a chance...
That is just begging for a photoshop.

menamechris

i didnt ask for her address, i simply said if someone knows if its for sale or not. Its public records someplace and I am sure I can find it. I am just lazy. I was asking as an indicator if the move is permanent or we can get an idea if as said above its a temp thing for her to save face.

It's in Winter Park. I believe there is family here in Orlando, so I wouldn't be surprised if this remains "homebase". For executives at that level, it's not out of the norm to be on one side of the country for work, and fly home for long weekends...

Tom Morrow

funny how nothing has been said to the cm's. there was discussion about this on Saturday among my area and no one knew anything. no coordinators no managers no one
I'm sure there will be plenty of things posted in the coming days, but the reason they don't just announce it to frontline CM's is that it probably has little to no effect on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom