Gay Days

Scuttle

Ok I'm thinking of planning a trip june 3-6, but I know it's during gay days. What is gay days like? Do the gays have flags and all that over the top stuff or what? I know Disney does not advertise it or even acknowledge it, so I am curious to get some insider info.

Club Cooloholic

I saw Drag Queens, Angels (with fully extended wings), plenty of spandex on people who shouldnt have been wearing it, and just random decorations like they just came from some kind of parade.

And yet, you use a picture of Peter Pan as your profile pic...yeah he is a very macho young man, never seen in tights lol.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I remember a night much like that. Chances are we were there the same night. My favorite Gay days at the AC moment was a line delivered by the Colonel. "I see a lot of guys in sleeveless shirts that don't have the guns to pull it off."

It was 2007, probably the Thursday of that week. (I can double-check the datestamps on my photos when I get home)

Do you remember Otis or Hathaway making a Rock Hudson joke regarding what someone's shirt said?

-Rob

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was 2007, probably the Thursday of that week. (I can double-check the datestamps on my photos when I get home)

Do you remember Otis or Hathaway making a Rock Hudson joke regarding what someone's shirt said?

-Rob
If it was a Thursday I doubt it was the same night. Saturdays and occasionally Fridays were the nights that we would have been at AC.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Ok I'm thinking of planning a trip june 3-6, but I know it's during gay days. What is gay days like? Do the gays have flags and all that over the top stuff or what? I know Disney does not advertise it or even acknowledge it, so I am curious to get some insider info.

We were there in June of 2009 - and it overlapped a bit. The crowds were a bit busier at DHS b/c according to the schedule, that was the day to be there, but we didn't even really notice it was going on.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If it was a Thursday I doubt it was the same night. Saturdays and occasionally Fridays were the nights that we would have been at AC.

I think I first met the group Thursday night at the AC, but after going back through my pics, it was Saturday (6/2/07) that the laugh-until-my-stomach-hurt fun occurred at the AC. We were at a couple tables pretty front-and-center for a few of the shows.

-Rob

Upvote 0

thewhitequeen

I admit to never looking at the gaydays website but this thread made me look. I don't understand the cowboy/cowgirl reference they have on their t-shirts. :shrug: And yes, they are red.

Also, I wasn't aware it's an Orlando Gay Days, so they don't just visit Disney World.

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

I happened to be there last year. Never even knew it was going on until Sunday. There was an overzealous male couple on one of the busses. Other than that it was business as usual.

Upvote 0

Tigger1988

I admit to never looking at the gaydays website but this thread made me look. I don't understand the cowboy/cowgirl reference they have on their t-shirts. :shrug: And yes, they are red.

Also, I wasn't aware it's an Orlando Gay Days, so they don't just visit Disney World.

I don't think there's anything to understand, looks like they pick a theme every year. Last year appears to have been Superman, judging by the website.

Upvote 0

Cnrtygirl

We are often there during gay days due to it coinciding with SWW. A few years ago the wife decided to have a little fun at my expense and packed nothing but red shirts for me.

I was thinking to do this to my husband. He would have no clue it is going on and he does refuse to pack for himself :p :ROFLOL: :goodnevil

Maybe I need to go to Walmart for a little shopping

Upvote 0

Rob562

Well, they can't use the name "Disney" in the name of their events because Disney does not sponsor or (publicly) endorse it.

Of course, Disney knows full-on well that this is going on.

Merchandise managers are really on the ball, as anything with rainbows or Tinkerbell is front-and-center. And in '09 the managers at Mouse Gear made it easy on shoppers: they put any item they carried that either had a rainbow on it, or was available in a rainbow of colors, all on one central display rack. :lol:

As for the other events, there are a number of after-hours parties at various venues around the Orlando area. I think there's one at Medieval Nights, there's an after-hours private rental of Typhoon Lagoon and DHS, and the bears have an after-hours party at Wet n Wild.

(Side note, if you're in the Crescent Lake area, be prepared for a fireworks show at DHS around midnight that Saturday)

-Rob

Upvote 0

MickeyPeace

Well, they can't use the name "Disney" in the name of their events because Disney does not sponsor or (publicly) endorse it.

Of course, Disney knows full-on well that this is going on.

Merchandise managers are really on the ball, as anything with rainbows or Tinkerbell is front-and-center. And in '09 the managers at Mouse Gear made it easy on shoppers: they put any item they carried that either had a rainbow on it, or was available in a rainbow of colors, all on one central display rack. :lol:

As for the other events, there are a number of after-hours parties at various venues around the Orlando area. I think there's one at Medieval Nights, there's an after-hours private rental of Typhoon Lagoon and DHS, and the bears have an after-hours party at Wet n Wild.

(Side note, if you're in the Crescent Lake area, be prepared for a fireworks show at DHS around midnight that Saturday)

-Rob

The party at DHS has not been happening for years. There is a new party this year though at Epcot. It will be a tea dance on Sunday from 5-9 at Odyssey with viewing of Illuminations after.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom