Gay Day 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigNorm

Originally posted by mkt

some advice... don't comment, just look. These posts almost always end up with a HUGE fight on the boards and members being banned.

Rob, when you're right, you're right man: It never fails. I usually don't comment on this topic, but...do we have to have these types of "heated discussions" everytime "gayday" is brought up? "We all have a gay cousin, at least one. You knew he was gay when you were kids. He was jumping rope when all the other guys were playing football."

No, I'm not gay, for the record, but one of my best friends is and it p!sses me off when this gets, for lack of a better expression, flaming. I'll get off my soapbox now.

EDIT: I know I should've tossed my two cents in sooner as it feels like we were past this, but I'm always the last one to the party. However, I do like to make an entrance!

TravisMT81

every year geesh!!

Anyway it is a Gay Day everyday at the Magic Kingdom. And I am not talking about a happy day.

BigNorm

Originally posted by TravisM
every year geesh!!

Anyway it is a Gay Day everyday at the Magic Kingdom. And I am not talking about a happy day.

Tell me about it dude. It's around the same time every year, WRITE IT DOWN!

raven

Please be careful that you do not offend any members when you make a post on these boards. We are all here because we love Disney and we like reading news and sharing memories, experiences and idea. Let's just make sure everyone has a Magical Day! :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by ltbeach
glad i can stay at the Shades of Green. Dont have to worry about gaydays there. Gays not allowed in the military.:sohappy:

luckily former president intern wasnt able to change that. must have been too busy holding up air traffic at the airport while he got his hollywood haircut

:rolleyes:
Keep your politics to yourself! :mad:

*edited because I dont wanna get banned... or see this thread closed* :) :wave:

Main Street USA

Originally posted by DMC-12
:rolleyes:
Keep your politics to yourself! :mad:

*edited because I dont wanna get banned... or see this thread closed* :) :wave:

I didn't read it, but I'm pretty sure whatever you posted was probably right on the money. No need to edit. ;)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Apart from confirming the date, this is o much of a non issue how come its managed to spread to this many pages?

Ooppps cause wallies like me keep adding things.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by JBSLJames
Puppies? I like Beagles. Who couldn't like Beagles. I WANNA BEAGLE!! Beagle, Beagle, Beagle.

Beagle.

Well theres a place not far from here with plenty of Beagles. though they have either been smoking 40 a day or being getting plastered in cosmetics.
Stop animal research, use students instead.

civileng68

Account Suspended
rights

Originally posted by Zipadeedoodah
Why would it be a "mistake" to take your children during Gay Day?....Are they going to turn into Aliens and attack your children? By all means keep them away then! The Gays are just so evil and scary....please...

I will stay down the middle on this but, something that amazes me is that when someone mentions they don't want to take their kids to something like this........................the gay supporters jump and say they are basically biggots and wrong for feeling that way..............then they follow it by saying everyone has a right to be the way they want. Contradictory to me.

If you are gay. fine. However, if someone disagrees, fine. Let it be.

If they dont want to take their kids to something like that, you dont have to know why. They are not entitled to give you an explanation, and you should respect that opinion.

Same thing goes for religious things. If there is a Christian group at Disney, some Muslims may not go. So my point is, be who you want to be, but just as you don't like someone slamming on your belief, respect theirs when they disagree with you and have an opinion.

I have nothing against gay people personally but, I would not want to be there with my kids, and you know, that's just my business, and just as I respect a gay person I would expect that feeling to be respected.

The only problem should be is if someone is disrespecting someone.

Also someone else on here made a comment about Bush. You know, my feeling is, he was elected (and yes he was elected, to keep going on about it now is childish) and he stands up for what he believes. I don't care if I disagree with someone but I respect them if they do not waiver in their beliefs. I don't respect the man that disagrees with me just to please everyone around him, no matter of what his heart feels. Bush disagrees with homosexuality and I respect that he has the "brass one's" to come out in front of the entire world and say it. You know, there's alot of candidates (even on the democratic side) that disagree with it but will not voice their opinion simply because it will cost them votes, which is why politicians are known as liars.

The man sticks with what he believes and I respect that. If you don't like it, vote for someone else. That is what makes this country great. However, the ever growing defamation of our presiding presidents is getting way out of hand and will pull the country down. You know, I didn't care for Clinton, and in my own home was appalled by his actions and spoke in my home freely about it. However, during that time we had a chance to meet a Norweigan family in Ft. Lauderdale and went to dinner with them and spoke highly of him. My point is, once they are elected, speak freely but be respectful to YOUR COUNTRY. The President is a direct reflection of the country and it's just getting rediculous how the presidents are NEVER supported anymore simply because people disagree with them. Voting is your voice, if your voice loses, suck it up, move on and be an American. This crap is getting rediculous.

NashvilleMouse

Well said, Civileng. Oh, and by the way DMC... before you start getting on people here about political posts, you need to stop with YOUR political posts on different threads.

It seems like every "touchy" thread that exists there is a hint of political talk. Why not open a political thread? I know WDWMAGIC doesn't want it, but at least we can tell everyone: "Go to the political post and keep it out of here".

Secondly, why get a Beagle when you can have a Lab? :lookaroun

Zipadeedoodah

Re: rights

Originally posted by civileng68
I will stay down the middle on this but, something that amazes me is that when someone mentions they don't want to take their kids to something like this........................the gay supporters jump and say they are basically biggots and wrong for feeling that way..............then they follow it by saying everyone has a right to be the way they want. Contradictory to me.

If you are gay. fine. However, if someone disagrees, fine. Let it be.

If they dont want to take their kids to something like that, you dont have to know why. They are not entitled to give you an explanation, and you should respect that opinion.

Same thing goes for religious things. If there is a Christian group at Disney, some Muslims may not go. So my point is, be who you want to be, but just as you don't like someone slamming on your belief, respect theirs when they disagree with you and have an opinion.

I have nothing against gay people personally but, I would not want to be there with my kids, and you know, that's just my business, and just as I respect a gay person I would expect that feeling to be respected.

The only problem should be is if someone is disrespecting someone.

Also someone else on here made a comment about Bush. You know, my feeling is, he was elected (and yes he was elected, to keep going on about it now is childish) and he stands up for what he believes. I don't care if I disagree with someone but I respect them if they do not waiver in their beliefs. I don't respect the man that disagrees with me just to please everyone around him, no matter of what his heart feels. Bush disagrees with homosexuality and I respect that he has the "brass one's" to come out in front of the entire world and say it. You know, there's alot of candidates (even on the democratic side) that disagree with it but will not voice their opinion simply because it will cost them votes, which is why politicians are known as liars.

The man sticks with what he believes and I respect that. If you don't like it, vote for someone else. That is what makes this country great. However, the ever growing defamation of our presiding presidents is getting way out of hand and will pull the country down. You know, I didn't care for Clinton, and in my own home was appalled by his actions and spoke in my home freely about it. However, during that time we had a chance to meet a Norweigan family in Ft. Lauderdale and went to dinner with them and spoke highly of him. My point is, once they are elected, speak freely but be respectful to YOUR COUNTRY. The President is a direct reflection of the country and it's just getting rediculous how the presidents are NEVER supported anymore simply because people disagree with them. Voting is your voice, if your voice loses, suck it up, move on and be an American. This crap is getting rediculous.

Okay, coming from someone who is gay...this is exactly what is making it difficult to be yourself in certain societies. How could someone who is gay NOT get offended by hearing someone say, "I wouldn't want to make the mistake of driving my kids ALL the way to Orlando only to find that its Gay Day." This person decided to be offensive by saying it the way they did. I have no problem with people's beliefs, but couldn't he just have said, "Does anyone know when Gay Day is this year?" Instead of adding the "I wouldn't want to make the mistake....." By all means...have your opinions, more power to you!!...but don't hurt other people in the meantime. Its just not nice..and this is a DISNEY forum..full of HAPPY topics, right? right? right? :)

:wave:

civileng68

Account Suspended
Re: Re: rights

Okay, coming from someone who is gay...this is exactly what is making it difficult to be yourself in certain societies. How could someone who is gay NOT get offended by hearing someone say, "I wouldn't want to make the mistake of driving my kids ALL the way to Orlando only to find that its Gay Day." This person decided to be offensive by saying it the way they did. I have no problem with people's beliefs, but couldn't he just have said, "Does anyone know when Gay Day is this year?" Instead of adding the "I wouldn't want to make the mistake....." By all means...have your opinions, more power to you!!...but don't hurt other people in the meantime. Its just not nice..and this is a DISNEY forum..full of HAPPY topics, right? right? right? :)

Personally I think people are too sensitive. You know. I have a thick skin and look deeply at things and if someone feels a certain way Im fine with it. You know, I get criticized alot for my religious beliefs but you know, I don't think I've ever once been offended.

My point is, this country is becoming the "land of the offended". Sure someone could say it differently but you know, simply ask them to word it differently. As a Manager of a large customer support division at my company, I tell my people that there's a civil way to disagree. That's the problem. People in this country are becoming more agressive towards those that they dont agree with.

Instead of being offended, just ask the person to word it differently and move on. Allowing yourself to be offended means you are letting someone "get" to you when in all actuallity that personal may not have meant it at all like that. There are two kinds of communicators in this world: The kind that speak their thoughts, and the kind that have their thoughts and simply adjust what they say to make it sound better. However, those two may feel the exact same way. You know, if you get offended by everything you won't last long in this world. Just move on and look at everyone in a lighter heart. YOu know my neighbor said something to my wife the other day that my wife took in a negative way. Yet, I had to tell my wife that she should not be offended because "IF" the neighbor did not mean it negatively, it's not fair to hold it over her. That's my point. Someone like me who says "I wont take my kids that day" is not meaning it offensively but just stating a fact. So, my point is, just dont take everything so personally. Not everyone in this world hates you if they dont want their family there. It just means they have a culture in their family and they want their children to grow up within that culture, and no I dont think that's sheltering if they feel against it in their hearts. Just because they are against it though doesnt mean they hate you.

Culture is very important to many families and many parents want to protect the integrity of it. Point being. Nobody in this world needs to explain everything to everyone. If they dont want their kids around you, fine, move on.

Disney2002

Re: Re: rights

Here here!

:sohappy:

Disney2002

Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by civileng68
Personally I think people are too sensitive. You know. I have a thick skin and look deeply at things and if someone feels a certain way Im fine with it. You know, I get criticized alot for my religious beliefs but you know, I don't think I've ever once been offended.

However, I doubt you went through highschool hearing "That kids such a Christian" or "Boy, this class really is Christian" whereas "He's such a f-ag" and "That's so gay" are heard everywhere a can really wear at someone's psyche.

Zipadeedoodah

Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by Disney2002
However, I doubt you went through highschool hearing "That kids such a Christian" or "Boy, this class really is Christian" whereas "He's such a ______" and "That's so gay" are heard everywhere a can really wear at someone's psyche.

I agree 100%. Thanks for summing that up. That's what I'm talking about. :) :wave:

NashvilleMouse

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

I agree 100%. Thanks for summing that up. That's what I'm talking about. :) :wave:

I do not have anything against any race, religion, or sexuality. I simply don't care who is what. It is not important to me. If I went to "Gay-Day" at WDW with my children I will not run and hide.

What I do get a little upset about are groups of people who have to organize at the expense of others, whether it is religion, race, or sexuality. There is a time and place for that stuff (Wash DC). I would not be happy if thousands of white straight males have a "White MAN" day at WDW. C'mon people, tell me that you would take your kids to Daytona Beach during Biker week? People in Nashville avoid the downtown area during the big Fan Fair Country Music festival because of all the Yankees. (Just kidding) I guess my point is... be Gay and be proud... but do it everyday at WDW. Why pick out one single day and make an issue out of it? ...just wondering.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom