Gay Day 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryT977

*sigh*

I told myself (and a few other people) that I wasn't going to participate in these threads this year, but I can't seem to help myself.

Arguing on this is pointless. Short of closing the parks, there's nothing Disney can do to prevent Gay Days from happening. Considering the money made during this weekend every year, there is no chance that will happen. Every castmember I talk to tells me that this is their favorite weekend as well.

No amount of Christian 'love' or flying banners will keep me away from an event I look forward to every year, either.

No one's mind is going to be changed on these threads, just alot of anger and hurt feelings will be generated. Pointless. Besides, with this ridiculous 'sanctity of marriage' stuff going on, there's enough venom out there already.

If you believe homosexuality is a sin, then don't engage in it. If you don't want to go the parks on this one weekend out of 52, then don't go. For those who say they end up there during that weekend by accident and are appalled, I say too bad. This has been going on for more than ten years, and gets lots of news coverage every year. If you didn't know before hand, it's your own fault.

There isn't anything anyone on these boards could say or do to keep me from going and enjoying myself.

alice

mickey loves everyone!

I think everyone should be able to enjoy Disneyworld! Disney, to me, represents love, hope, dreams, acceptance, childlike innoncence, etc, not exclusion and discrimination. That's why we love it so much. It makes us feel good and reminds us of our childhoods, and simpler times. I don't think GayDay was designed as an attack on the parks to "promote their agenda", I think it's like AndyMagic said, they know they won't be judged so much if they go with a lot of people who understand each other and have things in common.

Whoever started this thread, (can't remember his name) the one who was so worried that his kids would witness the horriffic GayDay, should find out when it is, and make sure he goes during that time. Hopefully, he can teach his kids to be tolerant of all people, because if not they will have a rude awakening when they grow up, and see that the real world is not made up of people exactly like them. He might just learn something too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
OK its time for me to once again (make this now about the 20th time) of closing a gayday related thread.

Maybe one day I wont have to close one of these threads!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom