Gay Day 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipadeedoodah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
I do not have anything against any race, religion, or sexuality. I simply don't care who is what. It is not important to me. If I went to "Gay-Day" at WDW with my children I will not run and hide.

What I do get a little upset about are groups of people who have to organize at the expense of others, whether it is religion, race, or sexuality. There is a time and place for that stuff (Wash DC). I would not be happy if thousands of white straight males have a "White MAN" day at WDW. C'mon people, tell me that you would take your kids to Daytona Beach during Biker week? People in Nashville avoid the downtown area during the big Fan Fair Country Music festival because of all the Yankees. (Just kidding) I guess my point is... be Gay and be proud... but do it everyday at WDW. Why pick out one single day and make an issue out of it? ...just wondering.

:confused:

Oh, I understand exactly what you are saying on this. We've only been to WDW during Gay Day one time, and that was by accident. We don't like the large crowds, so we go during the off-season...(we leave tomorrow for our next trip!!!:sohappy: ) My boyfriend and I are gay in WDW everytime we go....but nobody notices..because we are just Disney fans, enjoying WDW like everyone else! But I don't feel like its any different than other groups going together that have common interests. Just have fun in the happiest place on Earth in you're favorite way! :wave:

civileng68

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by Disney2002
However, I doubt you went through highschool hearing "That kids such a Christian" or "Boy, this class really is Christian" whereas "He's such a f-ag" and "That's so gay" are heard everywhere a can really wear at someone's psyche.

Funny you mention that because Christians are in fact judged quite harshly at times.

However, how about we flip this. I was a meek little guy in high school 5'10" 160 lbs and now I'm a big guy. But my point is, I was a straight guy and yet I was pretty timid in high school and often, in fact, daily picked on. I was not popular and the brunt of all jokes. I was called "______" on a daily basis. I was called "rump ranger" "butt pirate" "Hershey Highway Racer" "bum bungler" and on and on. So, sure as offended as you by being called these things, I was even called them as a straight guy, and you know what, many straight people are. So what's my point? My point is those people are ignorant, so why pay them attention. I was never in fact offended by any of it. I went to an predominantly black inner city school and was criticized for being white, of which I have no control. I was called "cracker" and even "racist" just because I was white, even though very much not racist. I was never spoken to positively at school. Yet, I moved on and am a happily married man that now has a great job and lives 2 blocks from the beach in South Florida making good money. I'm in a better place in life now than most of the people that picked on me.

Also it tells you that sure those slurs and words are fired at you as a homosexual but they are not only used for gays. They are used just to be mean. I bet in high school i was called ______ more than you were at the same point in your life. I was never offended. My mom always told me to be myself and one day friends would come out of the woodwork and I'd be the most popular guy I knew. It's true. I was myself and never let anyone bother me, I never let it get my confidence down and I was the most popular guy out of my friends at college.

So my point is that you need to move on from those people. Let biggots be biggots but dont get down to their level.

About the person though that started this.............."i wont take my children". YOu know, let it go. That person may not have meant it badly. I said it and didnt mean it badly. I think some people get so verbally abused and let it get to them that they end up taking everything personally, even things that are not even meant to be offensive at all.

By the way, I have some gay friends, and no I dont condone it or what my kids around it but you know what...........................that shouldnt offend you. My good friend from College (my RA) was gay, openly and he was NEVER offended by it, so it got to the point where we PLAYINGLY took shots at each other. He made jokes that even as a gay man he could take my girl, I made jokes that If I wanted I could take his guy! I never would of course but my point is, things in this world can be worked out if not everyone gets offended. I as a Christian man dont hang out with my gay friends and think " i hate them" . I simply pray for them at night, which is done in my own time and privacy. My best friend in the world is Mormon and I pray for him every night to see the way and yet he does the same for me to see his way. You know, that doesnt offend me but I appreciate it that he cares enough about me to be my friend with our differences and pray for me in his own privacy. We've even gotten to the point where were pray together at the dinner table when we eat.

When people say "why can't we all just get along?". The reason is because of themselves. We can by being nicer but we also have to not be offended by everything we hear.

BG Rugger

Come on fellas! A few more posts and we could get this thread that should have taken about two responses to answer up to seven pages:lol:

Zipadeedoodah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by civileng68
However, how about we flip this. I was a meek little guy in high school 5'10" 160 lbs and now I'm a big guy. But my point is, I was a straight guy and yet I was pretty timid in high school and often, in fact, daily picked on. I was not popular and the brunt of all jokes. I was called "______" on a daily basis. I was called "rump ranger" "butt pirate" "Hershey Highway Racer" "bum bungler" and on and on. So, sure as offended as you by being called these things, I was even called them as a straight guy, and you know what, many straight people are. So what's my point?

Okay...bickering back and forth on this is ridiculous....I don't believe that you are every going to see or understand it from our view....and why should I expect you to, you're not gay! But the point you are trying to make is not valid. Okay, so you were picked on in school...like everyone is one way or another...The difference is while you were being called gay, you knew that you were indeed straight....Homosexuals have to deal with the fact that they ARE gay, and accepting themselves and learning to love themselves even though it seems like most other people around them don't....then adding the cruel words on top of all that, and it's almost more than a lot of people can handle. And believe me, I have moved on to a happy time in my life. I, too have a great life, make good money, am in a relationship, and have a son. But, it doesnt mean that I feel less pain for people who are going through or will go through what I did growing up. I was just saying that people should think before they speak. Period.

civileng68

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by Zipadeedoodah
Okay...bickering back and forth on this is ridiculous....I don't believe that you are every going to see or understand it from our view....and why should I expect you to, you're not gay! But the point you are trying to make is not valid. Okay, so you were picked on in school...like everyone is one way or another...The difference is while you were being called gay, you knew that you were indeed straight....Homosexuals have to deal with the fact that they ARE gay, and accepting themselves and learning to love themselves even though it seems like most other people around them don't....then adding the cruel words on top of all that, and it's almost more than a lot of people can handle. And believe me, I have moved on to a happy time in my life. I, too have a great life, make good money, am in a relationship, and have a son. But, it doesnt mean that I feel less pain for people who are going through or will go through what I did growing up. I was just saying that people should think before they speak. Period.

First off, I'm not bickering at all my friend. I'm saying this with a purely helpful mindset, not bickering, sometimes typing doesnt allow for the correct emotion to be conveyed.

however, from your first couple sentences you sound to me like you are ashamed of being gay.

"Okay, so you were picked on in school...like everyone is one way or another...The difference is while you were being called gay, you knew that you were indeed straight....Homosexuals have to deal with the fact that they ARE gay"

My point in my posts was in fact to say that you shouldn't let everyone bother you and keep your confidence. Just as I said, the reason you are so easily offended is because your confidence on the whole issue is VERY bad. Just be you and move on. Sure I dont understand because I'm not gay but you know what, it's not going to change so you better learn to pick yourself up and move on. If you don't change your mindset, you'll be offended until the day you die, because it won't stop, trust me.

NashvilleMouse

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by Zipadeedoodah
My boyfriend and I are gay in WDW everytime we go....

Are you sure? I hear on Tuesdays at EPCOT everyone is straight? :lol:

People get picked on at school no matter what/who they are. Trying going through school with a last name that rhymes with 'Butt'. IT WASN'T EASY! I hate to admit it, but I picked on a girl with a big nose during junior high. ...I think "BigNose" Day at WDW is in July. (It is better that way, less allergies)

:wave:

JBSLJames

Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles. I gotta get me a Beagle. BEAGLE BEAGLE BEAGLE.

Beagle, Beagle, Beagle. . . . . B E A G L E. Beagle.

Did I mention, I like Beagles. I wish WDW had a Beagle Day.

Alas, I only have two cats. Butler and Shadow. Butler is all black with a white marbling on his tummy and white feet (looks like he is wearing a tuxedo - hence Butler) Shadow is all Black, like a shadow.

Beagles.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by JBSLJames

Alas, I only have two cats. Butler and Shadow. Butler is all black with a white marbling on his tummy and white feet (looks like he is wearing a tuxedo - hence Butler) Shadow is all Black, like a shadow.

Beagles.

Your cats are gay.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
Your cats are gay.

They have been spending alot of time alone, in the dark, with no one else around, and the lights off. . . I think they've both been Bob Barkered if that means anything. Of course Butler is fond of wearing that rainbow collar and Shadow has been known to stick his butt in Butlers face (really). But does that make a feline gay? Wow, feline. . . kind of a questionable title for a male cat. It's almost playing on his female tendancies, of course, we are -sapiens. Go figure.

The above represents poor satire and by no way reflects the views of this individual or this website. Please disperse, there is nothing to see here.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Irony
does anyone want to hear a story?

Well there was this one legged blind bald black midget Muslim from Mexico who suddenly discovered that she was actually a gay right wing Christian with learning difficulties and she was actually a post op transsexual wrinkly former member of the SS hence the tendency to dress in obese wimens clothing, while marching up and down and trying to annex Poland. To curb the eating habits she tried smoking cigars while wrapped in the stars n stripes whistling Dixie and wearing a nappy, and all this while sat on her moustachioed butch partners couch planning a trip to Jeds Florida ranch and popping into WDW dressed as Carmen Miranda. If only she married that White Anglo Saxon Klan member, it would have worked too hadn’t it been for the bear breast incident on prime time while high on dope.

Any group I missed???
Oh yeah short fat hairy jocks with poor taste bad attitude and a poor spelling record, well they smell of wee and talk jobies.

Zipadeedoodah

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: rights

Originally posted by civileng68
First off, I'm not bickering at all my friend. I'm saying this with a purely helpful mindset, not bickering, sometimes typing doesnt allow for the correct emotion to be conveyed.

however, from your first couple sentences you sound to me like you are ashamed of being gay.

"Okay, so you were picked on in school...like everyone is one way or another...The difference is while you were being called gay, you knew that you were indeed straight....Homosexuals have to deal with the fact that they ARE gay"

My point in my posts was in fact to say that you shouldn't let everyone bother you and keep your confidence. Just as I said, the reason you are so easily offended is because your confidence on the whole issue is VERY bad. Just be you and move on. Sure I dont understand because I'm not gay but you know what, it's not going to change so you better learn to pick yourself up and move on. If you don't change your mindset, you'll be offended until the day you die, because it won't stop, trust me.

Oh my goodness...once again, you just don't understand. It's not about being ashamed of being gay anymore, but when I was a teenager, you better believe I was ashamed. Growing up in a small town in Ohio, you were taught that being gay was very shameful...People's ignorance and close-mindedness cause a lot of pain and confusion in a child's life. Children have enough to go through without having to feel ashamed of who they are. As they grow up, they should be able to learn who they, free of persecution...why is it so hard to understand what I am saying? This isn't even strictly about homosexuality..it's about freedom...and this whole thing is going way off topic now. You seem to want to criticize everything that I am saying..oh well.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Irony
does anyone want to hear a story?

Well there was this one legged blind bald black midget Muslim from Mexico who suddenly discovered that she was actually a gay right wing Christian with learning difficulties and she was actually a post op transsexual wrinkly former member of the SS hence the tendency to dress in obese wimens clothing, while marching up and down and trying to annex Poland. To curb the eating habits she tried smoking cigars while wrapped in the stars n stripes whistling Dixie and wearing a nappy, and all this while sat on her moustachioed butch partners couch planning a trip to Jeds Florida ranch and popping into WDW dressed as Carmen Miranda. If only she married that White Anglo Saxon Klan member, it would have worked too hadn’t it been for the bear breast incident on prime time while high on dope.

Any group I missed???
Oh yeah short fat hairy jocks with poor taste bad attitude and a poor spelling record, well they smell of wee and talk jobies.

You forgot about all the weird Star Trek fans. :lookaroun

MouseMadness

Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles, Beagles. I gotta get me a Beagle. BEAGLE BEAGLE BEAGLE.

Beagle, Beagle, Beagle. . . . . B E A G L E. Beagle.

Did I mention, I like Beagles. I wish WDW had a Beagle Day.

Beagles.

Ask and ye shall receive, my man. :) Yea, and verily!!

My lil' punkin!

JBSLJames

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Ask and ye shall receive, my man. :) Yea, and verily!!

My lil' punkin!

Wilhelm is quite the Beagle. We just got a calender of Beagles. How cute. They have to be the perfect dog. Long live Wilhelm and the rest of his breed.

(we hope to get a beagle early next year).

MouseMadness

Wilhelm is quite the Beagle. We just got a calender of Beagles. How cute. They have to be the perfect dog. Long live Wilhelm and the rest of his breed.

(we hope to get a beagle early next year).

grrrrr, 2nd attempt at posting this!!

Anyhoo, what I wanted to say is keep in mind they are bred to be loud, and to use their loudness at every given opportunity. :lol: Also, according to our vet, they are a stubborn breed, but Wilhelm managed to learn sit and shake. :) Now, for a game! Let's play "Where's Wilhelm"!! :sohappy:

Attachments

• mvc-010s.jpg
    mvc-010s.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom