Gay Day 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by bigcarolina77
I agree with you 100% Disney2002....I hate going to WDW when there are big groups that are identifying with a group or cause. I don't think any group that segregates themselves is doing their cause any good.
Right because all of those African Americans that banded together and found solice in eachother got no where. :rolleyes: These organized events are actually quite positive and it isn't like Gay Days is a huge gay pride parade. It is just a group of people that, for a few days, want to be surrounded by people who they KNOW aren't judging them. And it is also good because it is bringing something Taboo into a topic of conversation so that people slowly become more comfortable with it. Minority groups that hide in the background and blend in will never get anywhere! Sure, it might make the ignorant fools happy but that sure isn't progress. Ohh and I don't appreciate my horrible High School experiences being summed up into... "You're too sensative." RIIIGHT. Apparently, having peers that make life miserable for you for about 5 years straight is just something every kid should deal with? Puhleeze.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by AndyMagic
horrible High School experiences being summed up into... ... having peers that make life miserable for you for about 5 years straight is just something every kid should deal with?

Whew, I thought I was the only one to spend 5 years in High School! :animwink:

You have a good point, Andy. And, is there really a place called Nutley, NJ? Wow. :veryconfu

WDWFREAK53

now...here's a question that has baffled me for years...

Can a square peg fit in a round hole?

Most people say no...

I say...with the proper saw...anything's possible :)

JBSLJames

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Most people say no...

Wow 4000+ posts. Congrats. I'm Freakon green with envy??

MouseMadness

Most people say no...

Which leads me to the question that's baffled me for minutes. Once and for all, is it possible to have too much sparkly lavendar eyeshadow?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Which leads me to the question that's baffled me for minutes. Once and for all, is it possible to have too much sparkly lavendar eyeshadow?

Of course not...I cake mine on!

AndyMagic

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
Whew, I thought I was the only one to spend 5 years in High School! :animwink:

You have a good point, Andy. And, is there really a place called Nutley, NJ? Wow. :veryconfu
lol. No, I included one year of Junior High because that was when it all started. And yes, there is such a place as Nutley, NJ. :lol:

JBSLJames

Depends on where you are putting it. If my 5 year old got into it, it would be more than just eye shadow. Come to think of it, was Wilhelm sporting the lavender look????

Main Street USA

And it is also good because it is bringing something Taboo into a topic of conversation so that people slowly become more comfortable with it. Sure, it might make the ignorant fools happy but that sure isn't progress.

Ya know, it's that attitude right there that can truly start some serious arguments.

Your statement above is just as ignorant as all the "ignorant fools" you referred to. What YOU need to understand is that not everyone thinks like you, nor should they. You know why? Because your viewpoint isn't written in any lawbook, and in fact the lawbooks will soon say something quite the opposite, which means that not everyone should "become comfortable with it."

Many people believe that a homosexual lifestyle is an unnatural one. Many people believe that it is. So what does this mean? Not a whole lot, because everone is entitled to their opinion.

Therefore, you referring to people that disagree with this particular lifestyle as "ignorant," is much more ignorant than anything else I've read here.

On a final note, and I'm already assuming this will happen, but don't label me based on what I just wrote. I, in no way, showed that I was for one side of the argument or the other. I only pointed out that you can't go around making an argumnent for the general good when it's not clear to everyone as a whole what the general good is.

WDWFREAK53

Mmmm cake.... *drools*

*bats eyes and puckers lips*

I am a sexay beast aren't I?

*touches hiney*

1680George_Costanza_Fez-med.jpg

Sooooo hot! :lookaroun

NashvilleMouse

*touches hiney*

I went blind for 50 seconds! Wow, turn that shirt down! IT IS BRIGHT! :lol:

JBSLJames

*touches hiney*

I thought there were laws against that in 51 of the 50 states.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I thought there were laws against that in 51 of the 50 states.

Illegal? Hell, you'd get shot in Alabama for something like that. I once tried it dressed as Peter Pan and now I am wanted in 17 counties. It's all good, though.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Ya know, it's that attitude right there that can truly start some serious arguments.

Your statement above is just as ignorant as all the "ignorant fools" you referred to. What YOU need to understand is that not everyone thinks like you, nor should they. You know why? Because your viewpoint isn't written in any lawbook, and in fact the lawbooks will soon say something quite the opposite, which means that not everyone should "become comfortable with it."

Many people believe that a homosexual lifestyle is an unnatural one. Many people believe that it is. So what does this mean? Not a whole lot, because everone is entitled to their opinion.

Therefore, you referring to people that disagree with this particular lifestyle as "ignorant," is much more ignorant than anything else I've read here.

On a final note, and I'm already assuming this will happen, but don't label me based on what I just wrote. I, in no way, showed that I was for one side of the argument or the other. I only pointed out that you can't go around making an argumnent for the general good when it's not clear to everyone as a whole what the general good is.
What are you yammering about?? When did I say that people who disagree are ignorant? What I DID say was that people who directly attack or judge people are ignorant and I don't see how you could argue that they aren't. Also, I'm pretty sure most of the world agrees that racist people are ignorant. Well then why am I getting persecuted for calling people who are discriminating against a different group ignorant? Your logic could be applied to anything and it just doesn't work. "Well I'm sorry sir, but you can't have this job because I don't like red haired people. You see, I am not ignorant because I am entitled to my opinion!" :hammer: :hammer: I disagree with a lot of stuff in the world but I don't go around hurting people's feelings.

Zipadeedoodah

What are you yammering about?? When did I say that people who disagree are ignorant? What I DID say was that people who directly attack or judge people are ignorant and I don't see how you could argue that they aren't. Also, I'm pretty sure most of the world agrees that racist people are ignorant. Well then why am I getting persecuted for calling people who are discriminating against a different group ignorant? Your logic could be applied to anything and it just doesn't work. "Well I'm sorry sir, but you can't have this job because I don't like red haired people. You see, I am not ignorant because I am entitled to my opinion!" :hammer: :hammer: I disagree with a lot of stuff in the world but I don't go around hurting people's feelings.

I am really glad you showed up in this thread...I agree with everything you are saying and I applaud you. Prejudices of EVERY kind are brought out by ignorance. Call me crazy, but I don't think the answer to it is just to build up "thick skin" so it doesnt hurt anymore. Why don't we educate people to open their minds and be co-existing happily with each other, than to just say "deal with it" to those who are persecuted. :hammer: Is it really that difficult to understand this is right?:rolleyes: :lookaroun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom