Future development at Disney Parks worldwide

FutureCEO

:lol::lol:
Very, very doubtful since the Chinese want parks that aren't clones or cookie-cutters (just another reason to love those Godless pinko Commies!)

So, I'd bet you'll get Rapunzel.

the chinese want orginals but steal from us everyday..:lol:

WDW1974

WOW, that's risky. The movie could totally bomb! :eek: But DL opened with Sleeping Beauty castle a year or two before the movie.

Actually, Walt opened DL with Sleeping Beauty Castle FOUR years before the film came out. He didn't seem to care ... and neither did the public.

And even if the film did poorly, unlikely but possible, why would that matter as far as the castle?

A quality attraction is quality. Period. Whether the source material is good or popular (go see any Harry Potter debates) or even almost unknown (Song of the South).

If you have any influence on those Hello Kitty commies in Shanghai :lookaroun:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun, tell them to be risky and make their castle the Sultan's palace in Aladdin.

That won't happen.

But I'd love to see an Aladdin ride somewhere!

Are they planning on having the basics like BTMRR, Space, IASW, and JC?

I can confirm that many of what fans term 'basics' including some of the ones above are planned, yes. But not all ... and some will be very different than what's come before.

WDW1974

:lol::lol:

the chinese want orginals but steal from us everyday..:lol:

True.

But we fostered that by killing our own manufacturing and allowing them to build (almost) everything we consume/use.

As to theme parks, though, I do think they have it right.

With five MKs existing now -- including one in China and two in Asia -- it is smart business to want original concepts versus clones.

Besides, it makes Jay Rasulo crazy so it's got to be good!

WDW1974

I think a Rapunzel castle would be good for the Shanghai park. The only thing: is Rapunzel that popular of a character in China?

No. But is she here?

More importantly, many Disney characters aren't well-known or popular there.

This is all about opening up the biggest market in the world to the magic of Disney ...

_Scar

True.

But we fostered that by killing our own manufacturing and allowing them to build (almost) everything we consume/use.

As to theme parks, though, I do think they have it right.

With five MKs existing now -- including one in China and two in Asia -- it is smart business to want original concepts versus clones.

Besides, it makes Jay Rasulo crazy so it's got to be good!

I'm not quite old enough to travel on my own, but if I was, I'd be scared to go to China. Those people are really communists.... I heard someone got executed by the Beijing Olympics Stadiums a few weeks after the Olympics were out of town. They're crazy!

Do you know if there will be all lands or just 3 like HKDL?

WDW1974

I'm not quite old enough to travel on my own, but if I was, I'd be scared to go to China. Those people are really communists.... I heard someone got executed by the Beijing Olympics Stadiums a few weeks after the Olympics were out of town. They're crazy!

Don't believe the ignorant hype you may hear about China.

I spent last summer living/working there and it was the experience of a lifetime. The average person in Beijing isn't repressed anymore than the average person in Miami or Atlanta or Omaha.

The people aren't crazy. I have never been somewhere that I was made to feel more welcome or respected than I was in Beijing. They absolutely love westerners and Americans in particular.

Yes. Their system of government is different. And it certainly has 'issues' ... but so does everyone else's ... including ours.

Anyway, China is an amazing place and I'd advise anyone to visit. I can't wait to return.

Do you know if there will be all lands or just 3 like HKDL?

I believe Shanghai will open with six lands. HKDL opened with four.

_Scar

Don't believe the ignorant hype you may hear about China.

I spent last summer living/working there and it was the experience of a lifetime. The average person in Beijing isn't repressed anymore than the average person in Miami or Atlanta or Omaha.

The people aren't crazy. I have never been somewhere that I was made to feel more welcome or respected than I was in Beijing. They absolutely love westerners and Americans in particular.

Yes. Their system of government is different. And it certainly has 'issues' ... but so does everyone else's ... including ours.

Anyway, China is an amazing place and I'd advise anyone to visit. I can't wait to return.

I believe Shanghai will open with six lands. HKDL opened with four.

sublands or lands?

Let's see.... Adventureland, Tommorrowland, Fantasyland, Frontierland.... :shrug:

Will it have an rumored projects that WERE for WDW and reported here (like that MI coaster)

The Conundrum

:lol::lol::ROFLOL:

oh scar, your the best

WDW Vacationer

Actually, Walt opened DL with Sleeping Beauty Castle FOUR years before the film came out. He didn't seem to care ... and neither did the public.

And even if the film did poorly, unlikely but possible, why would that matter as far as the castle?

A quality attraction is quality. Period. Whether the source material is good or popular (go see any Harry Potter debates) or even almost unknown (Song of the South).

That won't happen.

But I'd love to see an Aladdin ride somewhere!

I can confirm that many of what fans term 'basics' including some of the ones above are planned, yes. But not all ... and some will be very different than what's come before.
The castle was there 4 years before,but not with the name Sleeping Beauty Castle.

WDW1974

Skynews is the FOX of the UK.

And my response is so what?

I lived and worked in China for months, and believe what I saw and experienced to be true. I also know many who spend vast more time over there and they don't see roving death squads or public executions.

But again, so what?

We execute plenty of people in the USA, especially in redneck havens like Florida. Some of them are even guilty!

Should people never visit WDW? Leave the country?

I don't want to get all political, but I don't believe in letting ignoance stand. China has been painted in the worst light possible in this country because it suits the agendas of our leaders.

I'm not saying China doesn't have serious issues with many things, including human rights. But so do we.

So visit the Annne Frank home in Amersterdam (I have ... twice). Go see how they have an exhibit at the end that warns of totalitarian/Nazi-like regimes and issues over the world ... and feel the disgust and sadness when America's Patriot Act (which basically gives our government the same rights the Nazis used in WWII) is prominently displayed.

We need to get our own house in order before we decide we have the moral righteousness to talk about others.

Erika

Somewhere along the line we slid way off the subject- best to steer it back before we're completely buried in politics and the thread gets locked :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom