Future development at Disney Parks worldwide

Studios Fan

Aladdin I can understand, but Up wouldn't be too bad an addition to Adventureland just so that the facade could be based on Paradise Falls and make for a gorgeous backdrop for the area. Also, a Peter Pan's Flight type ride system would be better for an Up ride.

I would like to see an Up-themed flume ride in DHS, not Adventureland.

EPCOT Explorer

There are two screens, but logistically this would be a nightmare. The capacity of Soarin' is already low, and now you'll effectively create two different experiences each with half the capacity.

That being said, the rumor with Soarin' is that a new film, "Soarin' Over the World" will be announced at the D23 Expo in September

Really, now? Where, when who?:D

First I have heard that it's going to be a part of that....I was thinking later.

I do give D23, this...they are going to have a nice event here. Shame it's only in DL.

WDW1974

I do give D23, this...they are going to have a nice event here. Shame it's only in DL.

D23 is shaping up to be a helluva event. Truly. And I do give Disney props for it.

The fact it is so all-encompassing of everything from P&R to WDI to Studios to ABC to ESPN to Music to Consumer Products to Archives ... frankly, it's something I'd like to see myself ... I'll 'settle' for Paris and DLP.

And I have no problems with it being in Anaheim. It's a great place for it.
If people want to get there, they'll get there. Airfare is very inexpensive these days if people plan ... no matter where Disney puts it there will be folks who can't get there. The company is based up the road in Burbank. LA is the media/entertainment capital of the world. DL is across the street. Nope, no better place for it!

peterpanic74

Original Poster
Agreed. The vast majority of the Walt Disney Company is centered in SoCal. If the event were held anywhere else, they wouldn't get nearly as much participation from the high-ups. Good thing they invented airplanes! And the internet! :D

Thrill Seeker

It would be nice to hold D23 in the future in Orlando from time to time. The Orange County Convention Center is one of the largest in the country and would be a great place for such an event to be held.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom