Future development at Disney Parks worldwide

jt04

Somewhere along the line we slid way off the subject- best to steer it back before we're completely buried in politics and the thread gets locked :wave:

Thank you. I believe there are forums out there just for politics too. So why the need for people to use this one for their propaganda? :veryconfu Crazy. :zipit:

_Scar

Somewhere along the line we slid way off the subject- best to steer it back before we're completely buried in politics and the thread gets locked :wave:

Not really at all. It's about HKDL and how the gov't might affect tourism. But nice try? :ROFLOL:

Is the WDS Ratatouille ride going to be in Toon Studio? If so, they are pimping that area out the most and it seems a little overused.

off topic-Which foreign park is the worst to eniglish-only tourists? I'd think DLP woul be the least, and tokyo would be the worst... is that a safe guess?

_Scar

Not really at all. It's about HKDL and how the gov't might affect tourism. But nice try? :ROFLOL:

QUOTE]

I guess you didn't notice you are talking to a forum moderator who is right.

:lol:

Nope, not right. It's about HKDL and how their govt might affect tourism. :lol: Move on, bud. If it will help you sleep at night, then just edit the OT stuff out if it bothers you that much. I think it is on topic.

WDW1974

The castle was there 4 years before,but not with the name Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Nope. It was always SBC. It was designed based upon the film and the attraction in the castle opened after the park ('57 I think).

I know there's some urban myths related to this because Walt once mistakenly called it Snow White's Castle.

WDW1974

Thank you. I believe there are forums out there just for politics too. So why the need for people to use this one for their propaganda? :veryconfu Crazy. :zipit:

Enough of the online stalking, JT. Your bulge is showing again!:D

Propoganda is when people don't understand what's going on and believe what they read in what's left of our media or view on rightwing TV like FOX or CNBC etc ...

If someone is going to discuss misperceptions about a part of the world I lived and worked in, I'm going to try and set them straight.

No propaganda, just facts and opinions based on being there.

WDW1974

Is the WDS Ratatouille ride going to be in Toon Studio? If so, they are pimping that area out the most and it seems a little overused.

Yes, it is. And it will fit perfectly. The park is smallish and not in a great shape for normal expansion (kind of like Florida's studios)

off topic-Which foreign park is the worst to eniglish-only tourists? I'd think DLP woul be the least, and tokyo would be the worst... is that a safe guess?

Depends on what you mean 'worst' ... if you mean being English-friendly, probably Tokyo (although it's the only resort I haven't been to -- yet!):)

Most of the cast has little or no knowledge of English and while some things are in English, much is in Japanese. OTOH, everyone I know who has gone says the CMs are the best and will bend over backward to help an English speaker.

HKDL is excellent in terms of English speakers. First off, it still has man people who English is their first or second language since it was a British colony for so long. I never ran into one person in two days there that had any problem conversing in English. And they were universally wonderful. Just great CMs. And everything is in English, from menus to shows to soundtracks.

DLP is a mixed bag. I've noticed that most of them are friendly, but the French are known for a 'tude that isn't really nasty, but more of an aloof one. I have had CMs there with little or no knowledge of English, which is shocking because the UK is there No. 2 market. I still have always managed to get by with my limited French.

The bottom line is an American isn't going to have a problem at any Disney park or resort unles they go in with a bad 'tude and looking for trouble.

And they all are wonderful places worth visiting ... even if you have to give up a few WDW trips to do so!

Figment632

Sorry for sounding dumb, but I just can't picture any open space around either parts, all I can imagine is that the track for the Railroad would have to be moved or re-routed? Am I mistaken here?

For the pad behind Toon Town there would have to be a bridge built. Do a search or use google earth but there are two large pads in AL one of which was supposed to be Fire Mountain..

RSoxNo1

For the pad behind Toon Town there would have to be a bridge built. Do a search or use google earth but there are two large pads in AL one of which was supposed to be Fire Mountain..

Which was always VERY Blue Sky....

Did they ever have plans for the other pad in AL!

Not that comes to memory at this late hour...:snore::lol:

I get them mixed up, but my understanding is that Eisner commissioned two teams to come up with an attraction for the Fantasyland area, the ideas that they came up with were Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain. Ultimately the liked both ideas, one was going to go into the Fantasyland/Toon Town area, and one was going to go on the pad in Adventureland. Obviously neither happened. I'll see if I can find more info on it and I'll post it here.

Edit: Here's something from 2000 from this site: http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Magic-Kingdom/News/28Dec2000-Magic-Kingdom-expansion-rumors.htm

RSoxNo1

Ok, so here is what I'm able to find/remember. Eisner commissioned the two teams of imagineers to come up with a ride for Fantasyland.

One team came up with Bald Mountain, which was to be a flume ride of sorts where all of the Disney Villains were meeting to plan an attack. The leader of the villains was Chernobog, and at some point in the ride, the villains would notice the guests intruding upon their meeting. At which point the guests would either have to prevent whatever attack was going to happen, or be chased out of the mountain.

The other team came up with a morphing coaster idea called Fire Mountain. This was to be an erupting volcano where at the point where the volcano erupted, the vehicle was supposed to switch from a standard coaster to an inverted coaster. This idea was also revisited in the Dragon Tower concept for Beastly Kingdom. This ride was meant to be based on the Atlantis movie that didn't do well in the box office.

This was all because of Islands of Adventure, and when that did little to Disney's attendance, it didn't seem to be as necessary. All this expansion came from the 3 part article on Jim Hill Media where he discusses all of the possibilities of Disney expansion from the early part of the decade:
http://jimhillmedia.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Is+DAK's+Beastly+Kingdom+DOA&s=3

Figment632

Ok, so here is what I'm able to find/remember. Eisner commissioned the two teams of imagineers to come up with a ride for Fantasyland.

One team came up with Bald Mountain, which was to be a flume ride of sorts where all of the Disney Villains were meeting to plan an attack. The leader of the villains was Chernobog, and at some point in the ride, the villains would notice the guests intruding upon their meeting. At which point the guests would either have to prevent whatever attack was going to happen, or be chased out of the mountain.

The other team came up with a morphing coaster idea called Fire Mountain. This was to be an erupting volcano where at the point where the volcano erupted, the vehicle was supposed to switch from a standard coaster to an inverted coaster. This idea was also revisited in the Dragon Tower concept for Beastly Kingdom. This ride was meant to be based on the Atlantis movie that
didn't do well in the box offi

This was all because of Islands of Adventure, and when that did little to
Disney's attendance, it didn't seem to be as necessary. All this expansion came from the 3 part article on Jim Hill Media where he discusses all of the
possibilities of Disney expansion from the early part of the decade:
http://jimhillmedia.com/search/SearchResults.aspxq=Is+DAK's+Beastly+Kingdom+DOA&s=3

Wow both of these should be built at once!!!!!! Thanks this is much more info than I've ever been able to find and helping to pass this long Test Track Line.

DisneyCanadian

How realiable/accurate is Jim Hill Media? I find that they cover a lot of news about Disney, however reading in these forums, I seem to get mixed feelings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom