Future development at Disney Parks worldwide

WDW Vacationer

FWIW, this piece form 1999 has "inside" info about Bald, Fire, Villians, ? mountains. It's sort of a '99 version of a Blog by "Dreamfinder"(Arlen Miller), who last I heard was pintrading at the Captains Tower.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040624024558/www.arkstar.com/dreamfinder/dit899.htm

PS: This mountain discussion occurred a few year back, when I first posted this link. Corrus shot down it's content in his usual jovial manner.:ROFLOL:
I like the music.:lookaroun

WDW1974

There are expansion pads in A-Land.

Fire Mountain was going there. It was VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY blue sky.

Bald Mountain, to my knowledge, never even existed to that extent. I have never found one person at WDI, or who was there at the time, who has heard of it anywhere other than on fan forums.

As to Jim Hill, he is a much better historian of Disney than he is a writer of what is actually going on. He's actually gotten much better by moving to a blog that barely mentions the parks these days ... of course, a little birdie told me that his biggest source in P&R is no longer.

The last thing he threw out really was amusing last year when he said that Disney and the Chinese government planned on announcing Shanghai DL during (or just after, can't recall now) the Olympics. It was so off to be beyond laughable.

OTOH, Hill was the first one to leak Shangri-La (AKA 'Disney's Night Kingdom') and it was the incredibly negative response it got that put the first ... or maybe second nail in the coffin on that park.

The best thing to me is Hill no longer writes those absurdly long blogs where he says in 5,000 words what he could have in 1,500.

And at least he's realized that it's not kewl to refer to his readers as 'kids' ...

RSoxNo1

Bald Mountain, to my knowledge, never even existed to that extent. I have never found one person at WDI, or who was there at the time, who has heard of it anywhere other than on fan forums.

As to Jim Hill, he is a much better historian of Disney than he is a writer of what is actually going on. He's actually gotten much better by moving to a blog that barely mentions the parks these days ... of course, a little birdie told me that his biggest source in P&R is no longer.

The last thing he threw out really was amusing last year when he said that Disney and the Chinese government planned on announcing Shanghai DL during (or just after, can't recall now) the Olympics. It was so off to be beyond laughable.

OTOH, Hill was the first one to leak Shangri-La (AKA 'Disney's Night Kingdom') and it was the incredibly negative response it got that put the first ... or maybe second nail in the coffin on that park.

The best thing to me is Hill no longer writes those absurdly long blogs where he says in 5,000 words what he could have in 1,500.

And at least he's realized that it's not kewl to refer to his readers as 'kids' ...

Around these parts, we are all well aware to take Jim Hill's rumors with a grain of salt. He may not be putting up articles on these rumors, but he does mention them on the Magical Definition Podcast. His history articles are fantastic, and I can't seem to find the article (not sure of it was a Jim Hill article) that discussed the two different imagineering teams for Bald and Fire Mountain. It was a great read, and if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, I'd love to re-read it.

WDW1974

Around these parts, we are all well aware to take Jim Hill's rumors with a grain of salt. He may not be putting up articles on these rumors, but he does mention them on the Magical Definition Podcast. His history articles are fantastic, and I can't seem to find the article (not sure of it was a Jim Hill article) that discussed the two different imagineering teams for Bald and Fire Mountain. It was a great read, and if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, I'd love to re-read it.

I honestly have no clue whether BM (great abbreviation) ever truly existed in any formal -- even blue sky -- way.

Gonna ask Eddie Sotto what he knows in his thread.

EPCOT Explorer

ALand- Use them! And while they are at it, can they clean up the land....?

I thought Fire was going into FL.

Jim Hill...Yeah...I'm not even touching that.:lookaroun:lol:

The Conundrum

ALand- Use them! And while they are at it, can they clean up the land....?

I thought Fire was going into FL.

Jim Hill...Yeah...I'm not even touching that.:lookaroun:lol:

In all honesty they should rebuild Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (and refurbish the heck out of the rest of the park before using the expansion pads. But I won't complain if they announce a new Adventureland attraction.

DisneyCanadian

Aladdin dark ride or Up jungle adventure flume ride too.

Just an idea here...

Soarin' has two screen/shows/theaters correct?

What if they left one as is, Soarin' and changed the other to an Up! show?
Unless I'm mistaken about there being two screen and I'm thinking of something else.

If there is one screen/theatre, perhaps alternate the shows?
What does everyone else think?

RSoxNo1

Just an idea here...

Soarin' has two screen/shows/theaters correct?

What if they left one as is, Soarin' and changed the other to an Up! show?
Unless I'm mistaken about there being two screen and I'm thinking of something else.

If there is one screen/theatre, perhaps alternate the shows?
What does everyone else think?

There are two screens, but logistically this would be a nightmare. The capacity of Soarin' is already low, and now you'll effectively create two different experiences each with half the capacity.

That being said, the rumor with Soarin' is that a new film, "Soarin' Over the World" will be announced at the D23 Expo in September.

FigmentJedi

Please no. We've already lost one land in MK to the cartoons. Leave them in Fantasyland/Pixar PLace please.

Aladdin I can understand, but Up wouldn't be too bad an addition to Adventureland just so that the facade could be based on Paradise Falls and make for a gorgeous backdrop for the area. Also, a Peter Pan's Flight type ride system would be better for an Up ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom