Future development at Disney Parks worldwide

I guess this is starting to sum up the conclusion that WDW is starting to not give a damn. By the way when is the construction for the Fl expanison starting in MK. As well as Star Tours 2.0 in DHS.

cdunbar

I find it interesting that we are all boohooing over the fact that the budget for this has been cut in half from what it once was. I mean guys lets think this all the way through, when was the last time an amount of this size was granted to us? I mean AK days? Maybe I'm being just silly and I don't understand how much money this isn't. I mean if they're saying 250 million and a 100 million for LMA then that leaves only $150 million maybe then its not that much money. But on the other hand if what WDW1974 says is true and LMA will not cost as much as originally assumed then that is more money. If you didn't catch my circular reasoning there don't feel too bad I've pretty much lost myself as well.

scottnj1966

I read a couple posts and thought to myself, everyone is being hard on this guy. Then I read the article. You are all correct, my head almost exploded trying to read it.

When I first opened the site, it looked very nice. Looks sure can be deceiving.
I need a nap.

Goodnight all.

-scott

So this site was translated? or was just written incorrectly?

cdunbar

Scott it has already been determined that english is not that individuals primary language and is quite difficult for him to write in it.:wave:

SirGoofy

I find it interesting that we are all boohooing over the fact that the budget for this has been cut in half from what it once was. I mean guys lets think this all the way through, when was the last time an amount of this size was granted to us? I mean AK days? Maybe I'm being just silly and I don't understand how much money this isn't. I mean if they're saying 250 million and a 100 million for LMA then that leaves only $150 million maybe then its not that much money. But on the other hand if what WDW1974 says is true and LMA will not cost as much as originally assumed then that is more money. If you didn't catch my circular reasoning there don't feel too bad I've pretty much lost myself as well.

Well to completely understand why 250 is such a small amount compared to 600(the amount I was told), you must first understand WDI's spending tendencies.

It's really not going overboard to say they pi$$ it away. They waste money on the smallest things. They are creative geniuses, no doubt, but they let their egos get in the way, and intend to inflate their monetary needs. Therefore, if the budget is honestly 250 mil, I worry for this expansion.

_Scar

Well to completely understand why 250 is such a small amount compared to 600(the amount I was told), you must first understand WDI's spending tendencies.

It's really not going overboard to say they pi$$ it away. They waste money on the smallest things. They are creative geniuses, no doubt, but they let their egos get in the way, and intend to inflate their monetary needs. Therefore, if the budget is honestly 250 mil, I worry for this expansion.

I hope we don't have the crppy LM when DCA gets the souped up version. I also hope BatB restaurant will remain unique to our park since our park has little unique attractions. But, that might even be cut :brick: if they just cut budget in half.

Pongo

Yep once again WDW is getting the short end of the stick....oh well maybe in about 15 years we'll get a new E-Ticket attraction and lose 12 more shops and resturants at DTD:D

We didn't get the short end just a few years ago during the HCOE. In fact, we had quite a sizeable end and everyone else kind of got the shaft :shrug:

Thank you TP2000. To Pirate Frank and Sea Castle: Writing a site every day in a language which is not your language is not easy, and i'm really doing my best. Now, if the quality of the information depends of the grammar - i mean if you really enough stupid to think that, then, sorry, i can't be of any help. (BTW, just try to write even only three lines in French, just for the fun, and you will understand what it mean to do a web site every day in a language that is not your native tongue)

Alain Littaye posts on WDWMagic?! I actually just spent the last 2 hours browsing through all the concept art on your site :lol:

Keep up the great work!

FutureCEO

i can understand disney and china...i mean half the world's population is China and India and the potential goldmine, but seriously...cant they spend that money set aside for a park there somewhere else and hold off on that park for a while....not to mention two disney complexes are nearby already

Pongo

i can understand disney and china...i mean half the world's population is China and India and the potential goldmine, but seriously...cant they spend that money set aside for a park there somewhere else and hold off on that park for a while....not to mention two disney complexes are nearby already

Hong Kong Disneyland needs the attractions more than WDW because...

It sure seems like it. Glad to see that Disney values their Orlando property so much. :brick:

...WDW will attract visitors regardless of whether or not they add a new, major, E-Ticket attraction to the parks every year or so. It's a sad truth, but a truth nonetheless.

hoke2007

...WDW will attract visitors regardless of whether or not they add a new, major, E-Ticket attraction to the parks every year or so. It's a sad truth, but a truth nonetheless.

Obviously, but it doesn't mean that Disney shouldn't at the very least maintain and improve their current attractions. Its very clear that WDW is not a priority for the company.

majortom1981

Hmm isnt disney revamping space mountain? didnt they just revamp spaceship earth and the haunted mansion ? Doing some cleaning up at places like epcot? You cant say they arent doign things at wdw.

WDW has a huge amount of visitors so its hard to do major things without making a whole bunch of people upset. They have to leave it to one or two major things a year so that capacity isnt severely dimminished.

bstiles

Thats the problem, capicity. It wouldn't be a problem if the parks where that much bigger and wouldn't feel so congested. They also should be routinely shutting attactions done and refurbing them on a yearly basis so that they don't fall in disrepair.

Figment632

Cutting the budget would be a lot easier to swallow if TDO actually maintained their existing attractions, TDO should take a vacation in DL to see how a theme park should be run!

Thrill Seeker

Hmm isnt disney revamping space mountain? didnt they just revamp spaceship earth and the haunted mansion ? Doing some cleaning up at places like epcot? You cant say they arent doign things at wdw.

WDW has a huge amount of visitors so its hard to do major things without making a whole bunch of people upset. They have to leave it to one or two major things a year so that capacity isnt severely dimminished.

I agree with that somewhat, but WDI still doesn't really try very hard to make things really good in Orlando, at least not since Everest opened...

Space Mountain I expect won't be that big of an improvement over what was there.

SSE was partially funded by Siemens, so that's why many of the segments look fantastic, except for the lack of an ending of course...

TSMM and Idol were welcome new additions to DHS, a park that badly needed something to bring up attendance, but TSMM is just a clone and Idol isn't exactly anything groundbreaking either...

Mansion was a stellar refurb, but not exactly a major project. It didn't take even as long as the Space Mountain refurb and I'm sure will be 100 times better...

Disney does realize that if they don't put any effort into WDW that people will decide to go to the other parks instead, but they also realize that they can get away with putting very little effort into it and still come out ahead in the long run. Space Mountain is going to draw a bunch of people back to WDW in November so they can see the refurb and most likely be disappointed by it.

The Fantasyland Expansion, although I still find it kinda disappointing from the blueprints, will be a major draw for families to come back to MK in the coming years. If they can get the ball rolling and start construction on TLM right away, it might be enough to take people away from Universal at least for a little while...

Epcot sure as heck needs some kind of addition since it hasn't gotten anything major since 2005 (Nemo doesn't count). An Imagination refurb or that Weather Pavilion everyone wants would be good ideas...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.

PirateFrank

Thank you TP2000. To Pirate Frank and Sea Castle: Writing a site every day in a language which is not your language is not easy, and i'm really doing my best. Now, if the quality of the information depends of the grammar - i mean if you really enough stupid to think that, then, sorry, i can't be of any help. (BTW, just try to write even only three lines in French, just for the fun, and you will understand what it mean to do a web site every day in a language that is not your native tongue)

I totally understand, and I hope I did not offend with what I said. I was not aware that you were writing in a second language. I've struggled for years mastering Spanish....since I was 12 years old. I'm now 36, and I wouldn't dare write a blog in spanish, given my command of the language.

I fear that, perhaps, too many people will come to the same conclusion that I did, which is to dismiss the validity of the writing, due to grammatical errors. So to that end, I suggest, (especially if you have have serious ambitions with your blog), that you solicit some help with translation/grammatical editing (with respect to English). I really think that will help you along....

BTW, Let me also add that the 'stupid' comment was uncalled for. Every major media news outlet, whether it's TV, print, or internet, has large editing teams....especially when language translation is an issue. The reason? The quality and credibility of their news, is most definitely dependent on the grammar, spelling and concise writing of the individual....in addition to, not exclusive of, the veracity of the information presented. It's a valid concern that will assist your writing efforts in the future, if you take it for what it is, instead of incorrectly dismissing your target audience as 'stupid.'

Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom