Future development at Disney Parks worldwide

SirGoofy

The show is way over due for a replacement so maybe it will be replaced be Muppet Vision 2?

Good God, I hope not. Muppet Vision is by far the funniest/most entertaining 3-D film of them all, not to mention Jim Henson personally worked on it. I cringe to think what the butchers would do in a "overhaul".

_Scar

Good God, I hope not. Muppet Vision is by far the funniest/most entertaining 3-D film of them all, not to mention Jim Henson personally worked on it. I cringe to think what the butchers would do in a "overhaul".

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: & Muppet Movie Ride > Star Tours 2

Figment632

Yea even though Phillhar is my favorite I still love The Muppets, give them a new film but keep them away from my GMR.

TP2000

There should be a law against posting a blog and not being able to write gramatically correct sentences.

While I agree in general, I think we need to realize this blog is from someone in Europe (France I think?) posting a blog in English, a language that is not his native tongue.

After years of schooling I try and struggle with French and Japanese, and some Norwegian. I could never actually type out a complete paragraph in those languages however.

I have to envy someone who has enough of a grasp of a foreign language to be able to post a blog in that language as a fun hobby, as I can only struggle with silly spoken phrases like "Where is the elevator?" and "Please excuse me".

Regardless of the grammar and spelling, it was fun to see all of the rumored and formally announced projects for the next few years laid out for each property. It's a nice refresher course on what is heading our way around the world.

loaloa

While I agree in general, I think we need to realize this blog is from someone in Europe (France I think?) posting a blog in English, a language that is not his native tongue.

After years of schooling I try and struggle with French and Japanese, and some Norwegian. I could never actually type out a complete paragraph in those languages however.

I have to envy someone who has enough of a grasp of a foreign language to be able to post a blog in that language as a fun hobby, as I can only struggle with silly spoken phrases like "Where is the elevator?" and "Please excuse me".

Regardless of the grammar and spelling, it was fun to see all of the rumored and formally announced projects for the next few years laid out for each property. It's a nice refresher course on what is heading our way around the world.

Thank you TP2000. To Pirate Frank and Sea Castle: Writing a site every day in a language which is not your language is not easy, and i'm really doing my best. Now, if the quality of the information depends of the grammar - i mean if you really enough stupid to think that, then, sorry, i can't be of any help. (BTW, just try to write even only three lines in French, just for the fun, and you will understand what it mean to do a web site every day in a language that is not your native tongue)

WDW1974

The purpose of my article is NOT to tell you what is coming, but precisely to explain that the problem is that we know already ALL what is coming in the next 3-4 years!

Not sure you've read all the article, The Conundrum... What i say is , knowing all what we know, and considering it'll take 2-3 years to buld everything, it's gonna be a bit boring to see updates with pictures of fences, cranes , etc during the next three years, because it's exactly what will happen.

We all want to know in advance what will be the next big rides, and now we're trapped , that's what i've tried to explain.

You did and you did a fine job!

BTW, your book on DLP is THE definitive book on its creation ... a masterpiece much like the park. Didn't know you posted here, but glad to see you.

You should drop into Eddie Sotto's thread and say hi!

And, no, WDW is " not getting the short end of the stick", the new Fantasyland will be at least a $250M expansion, a big amount of money and it's understandable that they can't spend the same amount of money in every park.

If the MK project is down to $250 million, then I'm not really expecting it to be much.

The original cost that Eric Jacobson's team was pushing for was in the neighborhood of $750 million (about the cost of DAK at opening for perspective and more than DCA or DSP at opening by quite a bit). Heard that had dropped to the $500-600 million level and they were fighting for every penny, including taking funds earmarked for the Monsters coaster at the Studios (and that wasn't gonna be a very pricey project to begin with) ... so if we're talking about a third of the original pricetag and AFTER they killed a major addition at another park, well, that isn't good news.

Finally the DLP third theme park is NOT a rumor as the info comes from somebody, let's say, with a very "high" position at DLP. I NEVER post rumors, by the way , on my site. When i talk about something, it's because it's confirmed. Now, if there is a new major economy crisis in 5 years or an atomic war with Iran things can changed, but that's of course another problem!

That's huge news, really. I admit to being shocked because just when DLP was showing a profit and looking good they went and built the most soul less Disney park ever in DSP and started bleeding money all over again.

I just don't see the need for a third gate in Paris (unless it's the indoor water park) when DLP could use some major additions and DSP is such a mess (despite some great individual attractions) that it makes DCA look like an Imagineering masterpiece.

Anyway, I'm just glad I'll get to see both parks for the first time in two years soon!

Oh, and I'm also very interested in seeing what Shanghai's MK will be like. I've heard strong rumors of Rapunzel's castle, a toon-like Frontierland with a Woody/Jessie/Bullseye attraction based on a classic ride system, possibly a Lone Ranger attraction and an Adventureland with one of the Pirates concepts originally created for HKDL. I've also heard a rumor from two sources that this park's Main Street will be the home of a version of Mansion different from all that's come prior -- including Mystic Manor.

But Bob Weis and WDI are keeping a very close lid on things. This whole resort was almost dead as recently as 18 months ago, and The Mouse doesn't have the greatest relationship with the Chinese government.

Anyway ... love your site. Keep up the great work!

WDW1974

Exactly, TP.

Allain does a great job considering English isn't his native language.

I think people should think before they post (here or anywhere) ... it would help make the online world a more pleasant place and there would be less nastiness.

WDW1974

If I could take any new addition to WDW it'd be the Ratatouille dark ride to DHS

I'd love that. But forget about it.

That will be a DSP exclusive for years, maybe permanently.

And Disney has shown no desire to bring that type of kewl, cutting-edge ride system to the states.

But I bet you see it in Shanghai (system, not Rat ride) in a whole different setting!:)

SirGoofy

Wait...so Fantasyland is already down to 250 mil? That's less than half the number I was told.

Terrific. Honestly, that is pathetic if true, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Where's the "shake head in disgust" smilie.:(

TP2000

If the MK project is down to $250 million, then I'm not really expecting it to be much.

The original cost that Eric Jacobson's team was pushing for was in the neighborhood of $750 million (about the cost of DAK at opening for perspective and more than DCA or DSP at opening by quite a bit). Heard that had dropped to the $500-600 million level and they were fighting for every penny, including taking funds earmarked for the Monsters coaster at the Studios (and that wasn't gonna be a very pricey project to begin with) ... so if we're talking about a third of the original pricetag and AFTER they killed a major addition at another park, well, that isn't good news.

That seems to be some key information there. And yet 250 Million seems like a heck of a lot of money and enough to expand Fantasyland based on the basic concept seen in The Blueprint that caused such a frenzy here in the Summer of '09.

Al Lutz has spoken repeatedly about the large scale and scope and cost of The Little Mermaid ride, likening it to a major 1960's animatronic E Ticket like Small World or Haunted Mansion. He's also mentioned the price tag swelling well above 100 Million for that ride alone at DCA, with the full blessing of John Lasseter and Bob Weis.

Assuming the full E Ticket DCA version of Little Mermaid is coming to Magic Kingdom, then perhaps that's why the remaining money of that 250 Million doesn't seem like enough to get the job done?

WDW1974

Wait...so Fantasyland is already down to 250 mil? That's less than half the number I was told.

Terrific. Honestly, that is pathetic if true, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Where's the "shake head in disgust" smilie.:(

Let's not jump to any conclusions just yet.

But no, having 50-66% of a budget lopped off would be typical of the 21st century WDC.

But again, I'm waiting ...

SirGoofy

Let's not jump to any conclusions just yet.

But no, having 50-66% of a budget lopped off would be typical of the 21st century WDC.

But again, I'm waiting ...

I honestly hope to high heaven it isn't true, but like you said, it wouldn't be surprising.

WDW1974

That seems to be some key information there. And yet 250 Million seems like a heck of a lot of money and enough to expand Fantasyland based on the basic concept seen in The Blueprint that caused such a frenzy here in the Summer of '09.

Al Lutz has spoken repeatedly about the large scale and scope and cost of The Little Mermaid ride, likening it to a major 1960's animatronic E Ticket like Small World or Haunted Mansion. He's also mentioned the price tag swelling well above 100 Million for that ride alone at DCA, with the full blessing of John Lasseter and Bob Weis.

Assuming the full E Ticket DCA version of Little Mermaid is coming to Magic Kingdom, then perhaps that's why the remaining money of that 250 Million doesn't seem like enough to get the job done?

It isn't.

$250 million is peanuts the way WDI operates.

And I'm guessing that even cloned, even dumbing it down some, Mermaid is still gonna cost north of $100 million.

But I'm also not jumping to any conclusions yet.

SeaCastle

I was seconds away from commenting about that very subject when I saw your post. IMO, the grammar really made his/her post seem much less credible.

I rescind this statement; I had no idea that the blogger's native tongue was not English. Sorry 'bout that, folks! :eek: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom