Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

animay

I think I remember reading that a couple of people joined his tour group thinking it was an official Disneyland tour then complained to Disney when they didn't enjoy it.

ZapperZ

Thanks so much for the link!!! Great article!!! Hey Adam, You are famous!!!! Belle

It's a recognition well-deserved. And that goes to everyone who had a part in this.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm looking forward to being there on Sept. 30th, and Oct. 1st, not just to celebrate Epcot's 25th, but also to celebrate the dedication and hard work of everyone involved in organizing this.

Zz.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I have a question...seeing how freaky the weather has been in central florida the past few weeks, is there a Plan B course of action in case we, say, get a downpour at 9:59AM?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
This is a "rain or shine" Event......so prepare accordingly!

Looking at the latest weather report ( online..) this week looks to be a total wash out in FL! This is actually GOOD, as hopefully it will mean the clouds will rain all they possibly can THIS week so by the following week we will be graced with great clear weather!

I would rather suck if the big bash was a washout......but then again, what better Park to be at in a rainstorm really. Everyone knows it has the most attractions and other entertainments indoors then any other Park.

And just think...if there is a sudden downpour, we can always just run over under Spaceship Earth. We all know we won't get wet standing under there!

Well today i made some feet for my Figment costume ( MNSSHP) ...and finished off my huge window display for my hotel room at AS Music. It came out very nice....and covers the spectrum of EPCOT's early period rather well. I will be sure to get some photos of it up to include in our Souvenier Book.

So what's this i hear now about EPCOT giving out "Retro Guide Maps" on October 1st?? AWESOME! I know they won't be "real" ones...but i am very anxious to see what Disney has created for us.

Nice articles today on All Ears.net and the Orlando Sentinal.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is a "rain or shine" Event......so prepare accordingly!

Looking at the latest weather report ( online..) this week looks to be a total wash out in FL! This is actually GOOD, as hopefully it will mean the clouds will rain all they possibly can THIS week so by the following week we will be graced with great clear weather!

I would rather suck if the big bash was a washout......but then again, what better Park to be at in a rainstorm really. Everyone knows it has the most attractions and other entertainments indoors then any other Park.

And just think...if there is a sudden downpour, we can always just run over under Spaceship Earth. We all know we won't get wet standing under there!

Well today i made some feet for my Figment costume ( MNSSHP) ...and finished off my huge window display for my hotel room at AS Music. It came out very nice....and covers the spectrum of EPCOT's early period rather well. I will be sure to get some photos of it up to include in our Souvenier Book.

So what's this i hear now about EPCOT giving out "Retro Guide Maps" on October 1st?? AWESOME! I know they won't be "real" ones...but i am very anxious to see what Disney has created for us.

Nice articles today on All Ears.net and the Orlando Sentinal.
You could say that. I got more than 6" of rain over the span of about 18 hours yesterday. Some areas of Jacksonville Beach got over 8"!

I've been checking the online 10 day weather forecast a few times a day keeping my fingers crossed! If it rains, our wedding will be moved inside the American Adventure rotunda, which would still be great, but I really want some pictures outside with Spaceship Earth in the background. Maybe I'll just stand out in the rain in my dress. Won't those be funny pictures? :ROFLOL:

I know I've said it before but how the event has bloomed is really wonderful and beyond my wildest dreams of anything I'd ever get to take part in at Disney. You all are great!

jasondiff

WOW! i never imagined that he looked like that. i had a complete different looking person imagined. oh well.

Actually I was surprised at that picture too, and I saw him back in 2004 at the Save Disney thing in Philadelphia. I think there was some "preparation" for that picture.

We have been given approval for this History Walk. As I've said earlier, I ran EVERYTHING on our schedule by my contact within the company that has been working with our event. Everything thus far has the ok to go. Fret not! :D

I wasn't fretting, really just kidding. I know the schedule was approved. I think Jim's big misstep was actually that he charged for his tours. Leading a group of friends around the park and telling stories isn't going to get you kicked out, but charging for it certainly would raise the ire of park officials!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
On one of my rare ventures over at YouTube, i came across this wonderful little video tribute to Classic Epcot Center.

I am usually not able to watch vids due to my slow dial up connection ( this vid took over 50 mins to load for me) but i am glad i waited. The musical samplings ALONE was well worth the wait.

Have a looksie here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Ia9LjOjSs

Kuhio

Thanks for posting the link!

What a bittersweet video tribute... it really made me nostalgic for Horizons, World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, and (most of all) the original Journey Into Imagination. I even miss the unique aspects of CommuniCore, like SMRT-1. It was great to the see the World of Motion building with just the Omnimover ramp curving its way up into the interior -- just perfect. I think the music had a lot to do with the appeal of the original attractions... "It's Fun to Be Free," "Listen to the Land," and "One Little Spark" are all really timeless.

[Casablanca] We'll always have EPCOT Center. [/Casablanca]

sillyspook13

On one of my rare ventures over at YouTube, i came across this wonderful little video tribute to Classic Epcot Center.

I am usually not able to watch vids due to my slow dial up connection ( this vid took over 50 mins to load for me) but i am glad i waited. The musical samplings ALONE was well worth the wait.

Have a looksie here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Ia9LjOjSs

Good job. You made me all teary-eyed. Thanks.:fork: :cry: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom