Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

SirNim

Following on from the video link, here`s something I uploaded as a torrent a few weeks ago; a 42 minute audio mix of EPCOT Center from 1982 to 1995 - apart from a very few exceptions every major attraction, show and ride from the parks glory years is featured, plus I hope a few surprises. Enjoy! :D
Listening now... nice Martin! :sohappy:

Disney_Freak429

Master Yoda whatever you can do to get me in (or any other AP holder that can help) I would def. owe you big.
So whatever it takes if theres a way I NEED to be there.

ZapperZ

Don't be so quick to give it up, Master Yoda :) -- I may have to beg you. My AP is currently in flux as I just did the DVC thing and haven't yet gotten the new AP (long story short, to get the DVC discount AND have it mailed, I would have needed to do it much earlier. Only option is to get it on site). So, if I have to sign up ahead of time, I may have to rely on the kindness of others to get me in.

Then again, if they let DVC owners in too (like most passholder events), then I'm golden. :D

Well, there's 2 of us here who are both DVC and AP holders. So if they allow each one of us to bring guests, then we're available! :)

Zz.

Jekyll_Baker

Of course the backstage AP thing with Marty is great, but you notice there's no time or place (besides Oct 1 at EPCOT), so maybe they're not really much of an attendance from us APer's. If they do let us know, and we're able to bring a guest, I should be able to take care of one fellow fan.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You know it really feels like they are winging much of this celebration, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Usually everything in Disney is so planned and rehearsed and regimented. This sounds more like a family picnic from so many aspects....and if someone forgets the cole slaw...so be it!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
It may be because the decision to actually do something for the 25th publically was made so "last minute" ( in Disney terms) meaning no 8 months of planning, etc. It seems to me that the ball really did'nt start rolling in their court until mid Summer or so. That is when i started to see signs of something happening publically ( besides our Event related plans).

This past month so far has been amazing. One can only wonder what NEW info will be released NEXT WEEK...

:)

jedimaster1227

It may be because the decision to actually do something for the 25th publically was made so "last minute" ( in Disney terms) meaning no 8 months of planning, etc. It seems to me that the ball really did'nt start rolling in their court until mid Summer or so. That is when i started to see signs of something happening publically ( besides our Event related plans).

This past month so far has been amazing. One can only wonder what NEW info will be released NEXT WEEK...

:)

Well, from my *source* in the company (of which you are aware Jenn), confirmed for me that the 25th movement started days after Jim Macphee took his new role as VP. While I cannot say if there is more to their story on their celebrations, I can say that there is more to ours, but those details can't and won't be revealed until we are there celebrating. As I have said before, the people attending our dessert party are in for a very very big treat (if all goes according to plan). No, there isn't an intended pun/hint in there for you... The treat is not something you can eat- unless you have some liking towards canibalism... :lookaroun

Figment82

Well, from my *source* in the company (of which you are aware Jenn), confirmed for me that the 25th movement started days after Jim Macphee took his new role as VP. While I cannot say if there is more to their story on their celebrations, I can say that there is more to ours, but those details can't and won't be revealed until we are there celebrating. As I have said before, the people attending our dessert party are in for a very very big treat (if all goes according to plan). No, there isn't an intended pun/hint in there for you... The treat is not something you can eat- unless you have some liking towards canibalism... :lookaroun

Adam, can I just say that your secret-keeping skills are phenomenal! There is no way I could keep so many great things to myself. :) I can't wait to see what surprises are in store...

jedimaster1227

Adam, can I just say that your secret-keeping skills are phenomenal! There is no way I could keep so many great things to myself. :) I can't wait to see what surprises are in store...

Thanks... I have told a few (very select few) about it though, so don't think I'm an iron safe...

Just another update... We now have 1144 registered attendees! :D

I put up a new poll for purposes of data collection for my next meeting with Disney management. Please take place in this poll so I can have some accurate statistics to give Disney this week... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=227563

sillyspook13

Unfortunately I won't be attending the passholder event on the first, unless a passholder (out of the goodness of his/her heart) allows me to be his/her "date."

However, I will be at the Animal Kingdom passholder event. I'll be working in the Dino Rama games. Look me up if you're there!:wave:

Disney_Freak429

If its someone cooler than Lee I better cut down on the sugar don't want to be too excited to meet this person.:lol: :lookaroun

Adam I usually can't stand waiting for surprises but in this case I am waiting but it's still killing me.:animwink:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

Well, the whole point of the dessert party is treats...that's what we paid for right? :lol: You're just gonna bust holding this in for another week aren't you? :D :eek:

jasondiff

A new batch of Celebration 25 confirmation emails just went out to the lastest registrants. We're up to 1141 people!

After registration closes again (Sept 25), I will send out a final update with any new information. Anything in the email will also be posted on the official Celebration 25 website (link below) so you can always check there.

I'm still taking names for the dessert party waiting list, there's 8 or so people on it now and I figure I'll cut it off at about a dozen. PM me with your name, number in your party, and cell phone #.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom