Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But you know, just 50 or so miles north of you, I have barely gotten 2" for this whole month.
Yeah it has been weird. My wife's grandparents live on the north side of Jacksonville (I am about dead center) and they have only gotten an inch or so in the last few days (I am getting close to 10" since the weekend), my in laws live in Callahan which is just north of Jacksonville and they have not gotten a drop.

brkgnews

So any changes or potential changes to our schedule with the news that Marty will be making himself available backstage for passholders throughout the day?

Or will that be a moot point? :D

ZapperZ

So any changes or potential changes to our schedule with the news that Marty will be making himself available backstage for passholders throughout the day?

Where is this news? Are we going to know this on Oct. 1st?

I'm a passholder and I would dearly love to meet him in person.

Zz.

Matpez

Passholder section of disneyworld.com-

Gather together during this special day at Epcot® as we celebrate 25 years of exploring the wonders of the world and beyond through exhilarating rides, fabulous food and dazzling, interactive entertainment!

Passholders are invited to join the backstage magic with Disney Cast Members when Disney Legend, Marty Sklar, takes everyone on an inspiring stroll down memory lane. A Disney employee since 1955 and dubbed the official Imagineering Ambassador, Marty has been putting smiles on the faces of kids and parents alike for nearly 50 years. Come hear his captivating stories of Disney history and enjoy his unique perspective on the magical future of Walt Disney World® Resort.

For admittance to this special event, you will need to show your pass, a photo ID and your E-ticket.

No real information or sign up there yet... but we know how well their site works.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Passholder section of disneyworld.com-

No real information or sign up there yet... but we know how well their site works.
I am so there for that. Hopefully they will allow us pass holders to bring guests in so we can get everyone that wants to go from our group in.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

ahhhh crap. i didnt know you had to be an AP holder. well that puts a big bummer in that. ok, MasterYoda, we have 1 week to make a fake ID saying im you brother and in your family :D

i mean really, we look alike :lookaroun

wild01ride

Following on from the video link, here`s something I uploaded as a torrent a few weeks ago; a 42 minute audio mix of EPCOT Center from 1982 to 1995 - apart from a very few exceptions every major attraction, show and ride from the parks glory years is featured, plus I hope a few surprises. Enjoy! :D

http://www.uploading.com/files/BFG5SHNV/EPCOTs_25th___a_megamix_by_Martin.mp3.html

Hmm...it isn't happening for me.

The site asks you to enter the jarbled numbers. After doing so, it says "wait 23... seconds" and then nothing!?

Am I missing some secret or trick?

Figment82

Following on from the video link, here`s something I uploaded as a torrent a few weeks ago; a 42 minute audio mix of EPCOT Center from 1982 to 1995 - apart from a very few exceptions every major attraction, show and ride from the parks glory years is featured, plus I hope a few surprises. Enjoy! :D

http://www.uploading.com/files/BFG5SHNV/EPCOTs_25th___a_megamix_by_Martin.mp3.html

Martin – thank you so much for the audio mix! I listened to it the day you posted it on MouseBits and loved it. Excellent job!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ahhhh crap. i didnt know you had to be an AP holder. well that puts a big bummer in that. ok, MasterYoda, we have 1 week to make a fake ID saying im you brother and in your family :D

i mean really, we look alike :lookaroun
Hopefully, like at other pass holder events, they will allow us to bring a guest. If that is the case I guess you could tag along as my guest for a nominal fee.:rolleyes: :lol:

brkgnews

Don't be so quick to give it up, Master Yoda :) -- I may have to beg you. My AP is currently in flux as I just did the DVC thing and haven't yet gotten the new AP (long story short, to get the DVC discount AND have it mailed, I would have needed to do it much earlier. Only option is to get it on site). So, if I have to sign up ahead of time, I may have to rely on the kindness of others to get me in.

Then again, if they let DVC owners in too (like most passholder events), then I'm golden. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Don't be so quick to give it up, Master Yoda :) -- I may have to beg you. My AP is currently in flux as I just did the DVC thing and haven't yet gotten the new AP (long story short, to get the DVC discount AND have it mailed, I would have needed to do it much earlier. Only option is to get it on site). So, if I have to sign up ahead of time, I may have to rely on the kindness of others to get me in.

Then again, if they let DVC owners in too (like most passholder events), then I'm golden. :D
One of the benefits of having a party of 5 is 5 AP's for events like this so I have quite a bit of love to give if necessary.

BSikor

I am freaking out! I was upset to hear about the special festivities for the Epcot cast that will outdo what we planned and what Disney is doing for the public. I thought about writing to see if I could get in as a past Epcot CM but then I read that AP holders will be able to go backstage for the special meeting with Marty Sklar. This is awesome.

When I worked at Epcot I used to go every year to the special party that they would throw on the 1st of October, it is going to be amazing to be able to go one more time.

Thank you Disney so much!!!!!!!

You have truly made dreams come true for many of us here.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hopefully, like at other pass holder events, they will allow us to bring a guest. If that is the case I guess you could tag along as my guest for a nominal fee.:rolleyes: :lol:
rockin....

back off buddy boy. :lol: using that extra pass and posing as one of Master Yoda's daughters is mine! :lookaroun

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom