Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

brkgnews

I JUST sent it now....it will take a few minutes to reach you ( via your hotmail address).

Let me know if you need it to be higher res then i sent, and i will re-scan the original artwork and upload it to a free file download site ( my e-mail cannot send large files if need be, so thus i upload to a free service).

:wave:
Nuthin yet. :lookaroun

You sent it to brkgnews@thatplaceItoldyoutosendit, right?
(I know - I'm so a'feared of the spambots)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well i just checked, and the e-mail i sent bounced back as "delivery failed". Maybe i am not sending it to the right address?

I used all lower case, to hotmail.com.

If you can, PM me here at WDW Magic your correct address, and why not toss in a back up address too.

:animwink:

Jekyll_Baker

BUMP (from bottom of page 2)

Also, I just got back from a quick day trip to Epcot. One thing I noticed in particular was that the west half of Italy's Isola is blocked off with construction walls - they're not getting it ready for our dessert party already are they? (LOL) And I'd have to say, SSE is looking great, if not a little odd. Haven't seen it nearly so unadorned since 1986.

Oh yea, I almost forgot: I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! (for October 1st)

Figment82

Also, I just got back from a quick day trip to Epcot. One thing I noticed in particular was that the west half of Italy's Isola is blocked off with construction walls - they're not getting it ready for our dessert party already are they? (LOL) And I'd have to say, SSE is looking great, if not a little odd. Haven't seen it nearly so unadorned since 1986.

I saw that yesterday and had the same thought!

Figments Friend

Original Poster

Oh yea, I almost forgot: I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! (for October 1st)

Cool..thanks for the update ( and the bump!)

Hey it would be pretty neat if Disney did a little "embelleshing" for our Dessert Party. I mean, they KNOW we are going to be there....:animwink: ? Heh heh heh....EPCOT Birthday Cake anyone?

Actually, the walls up around the area we will be in for the Finale Party is more then likely related to the F+W Festival coming up. Seems a bit EARLY though.....

Anyone want to guess what they may be doing there?

Oh yea...almost forgot....I CAN"T WAIT EITHER!!!!

jedimaster1227

Cool..thanks for the update ( and the bump!)

Hey it would be pretty neat if Disney did a little "embelleshing" for our Dessert Party. I mean, they KNOW we are going to be there....:animwink: ? Heh heh heh....EPCOT Birthday Cake anyone?

Actually, the walls up around the area we will be in for the Finale Party is more then likely related to the F+W Festival coming up. Seems a bit EARLY though.....

Anyone want to guess what they may be doing there?

Oh yea...almost forgot....I CAN"T WAIT EITHER!!!!

The enhancements being made to the Italy Isola are for everyone, but specifically for guests with special needs. They are building a new bridge with a ramp-based path so that guests in wheelchairs and motorscooters can get to the out-island. This will actually play in our group's favor, as we do have several attendees using wheelchairs and/or motorchairs.

Oh, and we now have 456 attendees. :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Fab!

So has everyone decided what they are going to wear that day to the ceremony? I'm planning on wearing my early era black EPCOT Center t-shirt with the lettering in checkered squares. Some of the squares are "falling" away, so it looks a lot like confetti!

I think it will fit the festive mood rather well......

TheBeatles

Fab!

So has everyone decided what they are going to wear that day to the ceremony? I'm planning on wearing my early era black EPCOT Center t-shirt with the lettering in checkered squares. Some of the squares are "falling" away, so it looks a lot like confetti!

That shirt is awesome. I'll post what I'm wearing soon.

jasondiff

DESSERT PARTY CONFIRMATION EMAILS have been sent out.

With 10 days to go until the Dessert Party registration deadline, I compiled the current list of registered and paid attendees and sent email confirmations. Right now our total is 91 not including Adam's party.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
I sent ONE EMAIL PER REGISTERED ATTENDEE. So many of you will get multiple emails, one per person in your party. (There's a reason for this.)

The lead person for each party (i.e. the one who sent the payment) may pick up the Dessert Party wristbands for their entire party. The lead person will need to present a printout of the email for each person in their party, as well as photo ID.

Alternately, each registered attendee may pick up his/her own wristband, by presenting the printout of the email with his/her name on it, as well as photo ID.

ANYONE PICKING UP DESSERT PARTY WRISTBANDS MUST PRESENT PHOTO ID. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Details concerning wristband pickup locations will be posted and emailed when the schedule of events for Celebration 25 is finalized.

Hope this is clear, please let me know if you have any questions!

If you thought you registered and paid for the Dessert Party, but have not received an email from me, please let me know. It will help if you can send your PayPal email address, payment date, and PayPal transaction ID (in your confirmation email from PayPal or in your PayPal history on the website).

Jason

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Thanks Jason for the update, and for the current Dessert Party tally!

Awesome! if we make an even 100, i will be thrilled. I hope we reach 500 for the 25th Event registrations.....that would be fantastic and fullfill one of the dreams i had for this Event!

Printing e-mail as i type.....i guess it's about time i booked my room now, eh?

:drevil:

jasondiff

Thanks Jason for the update, and for the current Dessert Party tally!

Awesome! if we make an even 100, i will be thrilled. I hope we reach 500 for the 25th Event registrations.....that would be fantastic and fullfill one of the dreams i had for this Event!

Printing e-mail as i type.....i guess it's about time i booked my room now, eh?

:drevil:

I was kinda figuring this email might spur any last-minute people to register! 10 days till the deadline!
And if you or anyone still needs a room, let me know, I have a DVC reservation at the Beach Club Villas available, but I've only got a few days until I need to cancel it.

EPCOT.nut

Fab!

I'm planning on wearing my early era black EPCOT Center t-shirt with the lettering in checkered squares. Some of the squares are "falling" away, so it looks a lot like confetti!

:ROFLOL: I have that shirt, too. It was retired from the wardrobe a long time ago! And yes, the "confetti" looks a little ragged.

CThaddeus

I was kinda figuring this email might spur any last-minute people to register! 10 days till the deadline!
And if you or anyone still needs a room, let me know, I have a DVC reservation at the Beach Club Villas available, but I've only got a few days until I need to cancel it.

How much are you asking, and how many days?

dxwwf3

After occasionally looking at this thread and listening to the updates on various podcasts, I almost feel sick that I won't be able to be there for the event. But knowing how some of the people that are going are, I'm sure there will be plenty of great pictures, audio, and video of the festivities.

Figment82

Yay I received my dessert party confirmation. At first I thought something had gone wrong, but remembered that I had used my alternate email address when I used Paypal, so I checked and there it was. :)

As for what I'll be wearing, I'm currently planning on designing my own shirt. I made SSE ears for my mom and I to wear (after being inspired by my own ideas and merf's actual successful creation of one) and designed my own patch for the front, so I will be creating a matching t-shirt with the same design. The days leading up to the celebration I'll be wearing a variety of "new retro" Epcot shirts, to get in the festive spirit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom