Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

TheBeatles

Is anybody interested in an EPCOT Center memorabilia raffle? I have doubles of EPCOT memorabilia that I wouldn't mind giving away. The only problem is that I don't have a lot of doubles so I would need help.

Figment82

The book idea sounds great! I always take tons and tons of photos while at the parks, so I'd be happy to contribute.

If you need any photos of generic Epcot scenes (like attraction fronts, signage, etc.) let me know and I can take them for you now so you can start to get them ready. I'm at the park everyday so it's not a problem.

brkgnews

Thanks for all the offers of help. I'm gathering a skeleton of ideas for the book, so once I get an idea on how to set it up, I'll let you all know what I need in terms of "advance photos"

Figment76

Having the table available, plus some events on Sunday would be great. Count me in! I might have some other obligations that day as some family members are going to be arriving for their first Disney visit, but I'll make the time to come on by.

EpcotServo

If you're making a book, I suggest you include an Epcot timeline and pictures of Epcot Center and it's events throughout the years in addition to our event pictures. That'd be a great!
:D

brkgnews

I wouldn't mind doing that, but then we get into ickyness of copyright and such. First up, we'd have to find copyright clearance on all of the old photos.

Then we'd also have to get around the fact that we would essentially be making a souvenir book of EPCOT itself, rather than our event which happens to be in EPCOT. I suppose it COULD be done, I just don't think I won't to get mired down in all that potential mud.

Besides, we should have plenty of content on our own. :D

Of course, if anyone wanted to send in THEIR OWN historic pictures (ones that they made) of them and Dreamfinder, Figgy, the rainbow brite bunch, or just hanging around EPCOT from back in the day, then that would certainly be a possiblility. :lookaroun

*trots off to set up special email account*

EpcotServo

Then we'd also have to get around the fact that we would essentially be making a souvenir book of EPCOT itself, rather than our event which happens to be in EPCOT. I suppose it COULD be done, I just don't think I won't to get mired down in all that potential mud.

Besides, we should have plenty of content on our own. :D

Of course, if anyone wanted to send in THEIR OWN historic pictures (ones that they made) of them and Dreamfinder, Figgy, the rainbow brite bunch, or just hanging around EPCOT from back in the day, then that would certainly be a possiblility. :lookaroun

*trots off to set up special email account*

Yeah, I'm talking old pictures that weren't taken by Disney. Like the ones you see on websites like Lost Epcot and such. I think a timeline of Epcot would be a very cool feature of the book.
:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m all for it too. A once in a lifetime day (well, until 2032 anyway) certainly merits it. And yes, I`ll have a ton of photos too :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Ahh, memories of Buffy convention with DD in Detroit... good times. Where is it being held? We were at the Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest. I love conventions! Have fun!

This years Queen Convention was held at the Holiday Inn, Farmington Hills. Very nice hotel, all the rooms are suites! I highly recommend it if anyone is traveling though the area....

I had a good time...i'm back home now after more airport drama ( both my flights were late...again!).

Now i am currently in the process of booking what i need to for the Big Event that is coming up FAST ( 7 weeks and counting, yes?).

I JUST booked for the Dessert Party. Jason, i should be on your list now!

:slurp:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Just catching up on what has been posted since yesterday now.....

I REALLY like the idea for a book. I was thinking of doing something similar, but in a much smaller scale. This sounds fantastic, and will be something special for everyone who will be a part of this special day.

You have my official go-ahead to do it...all i ask is that my original "25 Years" Figment logo for the Event be included somehow ( perhaps as a center image on the cover, surrounded by photos?)

Nice work Bkgnews.......you da man!

Crazy4WDW1

Hi, everyone. I'm fairly new to these boards. I did sign us up for the meet. My son and I along with my friend and her daughter are coming down on Friday, the 28th. Can you check to make sure we're listed? My email is: nrachuba@hotmail.com. Thanks so much.

gbruenin

After all the 'you're going to Disney again' I heard from the relatives, now they think the party is a cool idea and they want to join. I knew it was only a matter of time before they were assimilated into the 'Disney collective'.
Jason, I just up'ed my count from 4 to 9. What's the current total anyway?

Jedimaster, I emailed you at the addresses from your site's link to increase my count as well...addl names included. If you need me to register the additional names from the webpage instead I'll gladly do so.

You guys are awesome. What a terrific event.

Gary

brkgnews

After all the 'you're going to Disney again' I heard from the relatives, now they think the party is a cool idea and they want to join. I knew it was only a matter of time before they were assimilated into the 'Disney collective'.
Hehheh ... come to the dark side. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom