Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

TheBeatles

This years Queen Convention was held at the Holiday Inn, Farmington Hills. Very nice hotel, all the rooms are suites! I highly recommend it if anyone is traveling though the area....

I had a good time...i'm back home now after more airport drama ( both my flights were late...again!).

Now i am currently in the process of booking what i need to for the Big Event that is coming up FAST ( 7 weeks and counting, yes?).

I JUST booked for the Dessert Party. Jason, i should be on your list now!

:slurp:

I live 10 minutes away from there!

PS
I can't stop thinking about how many people, some who will never meet again, will be in the same place at once.

jasondiff

Gary,
Got the payment. I think we're very close to 80 now. I'm figuring we'll end up at 100 or so by the deadline, but who knows, maybe there will be a mad rush at the end!

littlemom_3

I have finally convinced my husband to let me treat him with this. We are now registered for both things. We will be in town for the weekend prior (he is going to a Historical Gaming Convention in Orlando) I will be alone in the World until he is done on Sunday. We have plans to do the MNSSHP on Sunday night and then staying over for EPCOT on Monday. I would also like to be albe to take picture for the souvenoir <sp?> book and would like to purchase one.

I can't wait to meet everyone.

Unity

brkgnews

Updated cover art... still missing the front page image. I put the "Happy Figgy" image in there in the white area, at least until I get a higher-resolution scan. That's how big the big big happy figgy on the celebration website ended up being with no resizing, so you can see how big a 300 dpi document will be. He's about two inches wide on the book cover.

Plus I still have something special I want to do in the blue areas on the front cover. But that will involve some work. :lookaroun

:drevil:

Attachments

• coverbetasamp.jpg
    coverbetasamp.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 72

diddy_mouse

Everytime I check back with this thread it just makes me wish I could attend your event even more! :cry: It sounds like it's going to be such a wonderful event.

Well, one contribution of EPCOT fandom I can make is the tattoo of the original logo I'll be getting on my back this Thursday. :D I can post pics of it afterwards! This way I'll always have a little bit of EPCOT with me!

*waves* Hi Guys!

My partner's sprung a surprise trip on me so it looks like I'll be out for the golf balls birthday! (Yay Epcot!)

So as they say in the army recruitment office, "Where do I sign up?"

:)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Updated cover art... still missing the front page image. I put the "Happy Figgy" image in there in the white area, at least until I get a higher-resolution scan. That's how big the big big happy figgy on the celebration website ended up being with no resizing, so you can see how big a 300 dpi document will be. He's about two inches wide on the book cover.

Plus I still have something special I want to do in the blue areas on the front cover. But that will involve some work. :lookaroun

:drevil:

Looks good...and i will send a higher res scan to you when i am able to do so ( soon i hope!). Things are crazy here after just returning home from Detoit....so forgive my delay.

jedimaster1227

Just another quick update. We now have 435 registered attendees (not including Jenn or I's parties).

Also, the Sunday (September 30th) before Oct. 1st is now officially a part of Celebration 25. Schedules will be out on for the overall event by the end of next week (hopefully).

EpcotServo

Just another quick update. We now have 435 registered attendees (not including Jenn or I's parties).

Also, the Sunday (September 30th) before Oct. 1st is now officially a part of Celebration 25. Schedules will be out on for the overall event by the end of next week (hopefully).
Ok, but don't do anything cool. Remember alot of us can't come that day.
:wave:

littlemom_3

I couldn't believe that this thread had fallen so far down the list. I made my hotel reservations today. I am soooo excited:sohappy: . I am ready to leave right now. Okay that's it.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
^^I'm with you, littlemom! We've gotta keep it on page 1.

I am delighted that I was able to get a room at SSR for Sept. 30, so I will be able to attend the opening ceremony. Still working on getting DH to go for the dessert reception! He's not much of a sweets eater, and cannot seem to see past that to appreciate the value of it as a social occasion!! (come to think of it, he's not very social, either :lookaroun )

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yeah, so many folks post here on WDWMagic during the day that it knocks this thread down a few notches ( and sometimes pages on big news days!)

I will be checking in daily so if need be i will bump it up.

6 weeks to go!

Figment82

I saw some exciting things backstage that look like Disney is getting into the celebratory spirit.

I can't wait for this day!! I just hope it doesn't fly by so fast - things like this with so much planning and build-up usually do...

ZapperZ

I saw some exciting things backstage that look like Disney is getting into the celebratory spirit.

I can't wait for this day!! I just hope it doesn't fly by so fast - things like this with so much planning and build-up usually do...

Well, we will be snapping picture and videos of the event. We're planning on participating as much as we can, so hopefully that will be an additional "record" of it. I plan on putting it up on Google Video once I have it edited.

Zz.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
email it to me in the highest resolution possible... my wdwmagic name at hotmail.com

I JUST sent it now....it will take a few minutes to reach you ( via your hotmail address).

Let me know if you need it to be higher res then i sent, and i will re-scan the original artwork and upload it to a free file download site ( my e-mail cannot send large files if need be, so thus i upload to a free service).

:wave:

jedimaster1227

I'm going to Epcot tomorrow to work out our schedule, so I'll have that up hopefully soon.

Just another update. We now have 450 confirmed attendees. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom