Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

We aren't sending out confirmation emails until August 30th. But, I can check to see if we recieved your confirmation if you give me your name or the email address you registered with.

MiduraMagic4

Seriously, you need to behave yourself. You can think the way you're acting is cute and in good fun all you want, but it's starting to become offensive and make people angry.

People spent a lot of time and effort to get this event going. Even if you're just kidding, you need to stop making a mockery of it. It is not appreciated.
Im not mocking anything I think this whole event is a really cool and wonderful idea. I will be attending it so I cant see why you would think Im mocking it. I was just making humor of the fact that people thought I was really going to wear a giant figment costume. :kiss:

thephantomsgirl

I was kind of surprised that I had to go digging for this thread!

I'm definitely going to the Celebration and seriously considering the Dessert party and maybe even staying onsite so I can imbibe with a drink. (otherwise it's an hour drive home and I won't even have ONE drink if I do that)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I just ordered my Celebration 25 shirts, and can send out $5 coupons to a few people if you PM me your email address in the next few minutes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
thephantomsgirl; don`t worry - Michelle and I don`t drink at all (long story) so you wouldn`t be the only one tee-total at the buffet if it came to it. The more the merrier!

Not a day goes by now and I don`t think about the 1st.... talk about a big kid :lol:

7 weeks on Monday.

Tick tock. :D

jedimaster1227

7 weeks on Monday.

Tick tock. :D

"Time goes by... So Slowly... Time goes by... So Slowly..." Madonna.

This event is gunna be great. Just wondering for everyone that is attending, would you be willing to spend an extra day at Epcot for our celebration? I mean, Monday is October 1st, and if we were to open our event up to an extra day, it would be that Sunday (September 30th). The reason I ask is that when looking over the tentative schedule, I have found it to be a little "crammed." It would be possible to fit the majority of what we planned in on that date (but some things wouldn't be able to make the cut).

My idea:

Sunday is a more relaxed day. We offer our sign in table on Sunday also, that way attendees have an extra chance to sign in. Sunday would include more group ride meets, more time for the Food and Wine Festival, our history walk and more. What do you think?

thephantomsgirl

Sounds like fun! Although chances are I'll be working in Epcot as I generally work Saturdays and Sundays. So if you do go and see me at Soarin' - be sure to say hello!

Holly

Figment82

Planning something for Sunday would work for my mom and I - I think we're doing breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but I believe we are free for the rest of the day. We specifically chose the 28th to go to MNSSHP so we wouldn't be up all night before the celebration.

And we've already decided that for dinner on the 1st we'll be hitting F&W, so going on the 30th is that much better!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think if we got a table set up for a few hours the day before, it might save some headache on the 1st. Would you be able to hand out bracelets that day also? I can see this as being a huge timesaver.

ZapperZ

"Time goes by... So Slowly... Time goes by... So Slowly..." Madonna.

This event is gunna be great. Just wondering for everyone that is attending, would you be willing to spend an extra day at Epcot for our celebration? I mean, Monday is October 1st, and if we were to open our event up to an extra day, it would be that Sunday (September 30th). The reason I ask is that when looking over the tentative schedule, I have found it to be a little "crammed." It would be possible to fit the majority of what we planned in on that date (but some things wouldn't be able to make the cut).

My idea:

Sunday is a more relaxed day. We offer our sign in table on Sunday also, that way attendees have an extra chance to sign in. Sunday would include more group ride meets, more time for the Food and Wine Festival, our history walk and more. What do you think?

We will be at WDW from the 29th onward. So it is no problem for us to do stuff that Sunday as well. So count on 2 people saying "yea" to that.

Zz.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
The offer is still open for $5 off the cafepress shirts (if you're a first time cafepress customer). I'll leave the offer open for 1 more hour, at which time I'll send the coupons (have to work then-sorry).

Figment82

I think if we got a table set up for a few hours the day before, it might save some headache on the 1st. Would you be able to hand out bracelets that day also? I can see this as being a huge timesaver.

I agree, if that would be at all possible, that would probably save a lot of time and trouble. Then we could all concentrate on getting to the rededication that much earlier. :)

Either hand out the wristbands the day before to allow attendees to attach them themselves (then you could allow one member from each group to pick up their packet), or give out something like a voucher that you could turn in on the 1st to get the wristbands so you could register the day before but pick up the wristbands the day of.

jasondiff

I've got some time on Sunday afternoon and evening, but was planning in the morning to do the Little Ones Magic Hour at the MK from 8-9, and breakfast at Crystal Palace after. So depending on what time you want to have the table set up, I'm definitely up for it. Will it be possible to have an official table in front of Epcot Sunday also, or were you thinking of a more informal thing somewhere inside the park?

I do agree that it would make Monday much easier in the morning if some people have already signed in on Sunday. I will have the dessert party wristbands before then so I will be able to hand them out on Sunday.

TheBeatles

I'd only be able to sign in on Monday. Not a big deal to me though if Sunday is also used as a day for the group. If some people meet on Sunday it would get a lot of the introductions out of the way and therefore enable more time on Monday to get things rollin'.

I'll admit that Monday could be cramped, but everyone does not have to do the same thing. I plan on attending every attraction and country so there will probably be something I miss out on, but thats the brakes.

Lee

Adventurer
I plan on driving over on Sunday, so I may be available for something.
One sure thing: Adventurer's Club on Sunday night!:D

dajatje

I am staying on property and would be able to stop by the 30th. It's my wife's birthday though, so Epcot spending time will be limited that day. It all depends on what will be scheduled.

Dajatje

brkgnews

I plan on driving over on Sunday, so I may be available for something.
One sure thing: Adventurer's Club on Sunday night!:D
Oh, hell's yeah. Some of the other boards are planning an AC night on Monday after the EPCOT thing, but I'll probably be zapped by then. Sunday night sounds awesome. (Of course then I'll be zapped for Monday). Hrm....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom