Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I have registered (hmmm so I think I did) and will absolutely be there...I just don't have the time right now to read 65 pages..Can someone give me a quick breakdown on what events are planned, what to bring?, Money going to anyone?, what to wear...etc. feel free to PM me or just a quick post would be nice...perhaps this would also help out a lot of the new members of this site..thanks a bunch.

Sure! Hello and welcome! You are in for a treat, as you will be attending a historic event by any measure. What could be better then partying with over 350 Epcot Fans on the Parks' 25th Birthday? Woo hoo, this is going to be AWESOME!

Details now......for the moment we have not hammered out a official "schedule of events" for the day as we are still awaiting some confirmations from Disney regarding some of the special surprises that may be in store for out group that day.

As already noted, the big news so far is that Disney has acknowleded our gathering as a official event of sorts, and we have been invited to participate in the recently announced Re-Dedication Ceremony that will take place that morning at EPCOT. Adam ( Jedimaster) has been working hard behind the scenes in helping us to secure some special surprises....so thus the reason we have no definate "schedule" to date. For now, we have two major events: The Re-Dedication at 10am that morning, and the Finale Dessert Party later that evening around 8ish if i remember correctly.

Attendees are encouraged to arrive at the entrance turnstiles of EPCOT early that morning on OCt 1st to meet up with myself, Adam, and Jason. We will have a table set up to the left of the main entrance, where you can confirm your presence and collect your wristbands ( for both the day and evening fesitivities). These will be needed to allow passage to any areas we may be visiting, and also to allow for admittance to the Dessert Party that night.

As far as what to wear, i am encouraging folks to wear their Epcot finery...as in retro t-shirts, classic t-shirts, figment related clothing, etc. If it has an EPCOT logo or design on it...wear it! If you do not have any EPCOT specific gear, check out the official t-shirts and other goodies for out Event at CafeExpress.com. "Celebration 25" is the title, and there are several sizes and colors of shirts sporting out logos' for the Event. If you would rather go retro, check out eBay! There are tons of neat shirts listed weekly there...many classics from the past that would be perfect for the day to wear. It's your choice...but it requested that attendees do not wear costumes of any type ( as in...don't dress up as Dreamfinder, ok? LOL) and nothing too overly disturbing for other Park Guests.

Exact times for meeting, as well as a full overview of what may be lined up to take place, will be posted closer to the Event date. Adam will no doubt send confirmation e-mails to all those registered along with any additional important info. Keep watching this thread and the website link listed in my signature for all the latest up-to-date info!

Great to have you join us for this special party!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yet more fantasized ideas from me......

Just some random thoughts...thinking of the neatest possible things that could happen the day of our Event for a longtime EPCOT Fan.

Please note these are NOT things we are scheduled to do.....but hey, i can dream right? You just never know how far a dream can go though......:)

Super cool things people would no doubt love to do/see during our EPCOT rally:

Get a sneak peek inside the load area of SSE...and ANY peek at all related to that attraction now under rehab.
Have the honor of meeting all the Imagineers who may come out for the Re-Dedication
Figment ( aka "Figzilla") joins us at the Re-Dedication, or at least comes out of his hideaway and mingles in the crowd.
Get to take a Backstage Tour!
Be able to visit the old original "ImageWorks" upstairs at the Imagination Pavillion
Meet Tony Baxter and Marty Skylar! YES!!!
Have our Event covered on the nightly news, and front page news on the Orlando Sentinal.
Have the old "Tapestry of Nation" puppets come out and mingle in the morning.
EPCOT is packed full of people who have come from all over to celebrate it's anniversary ( i think this is pretty much a certain thing at this point)
Disney surprises us at the Dessert Party with a special EPCOT Birthday Cake! Wowee!
Illuminations has a added "Epcot is 25 today" type ending ( way cool!)
Dreamfinder makes a totally unexpected appearence

Anyone else have any ideas? What would YOU consider to be a awesome "plus" to the day?

Disney_Freak429

Over 350 people I think I missed that memo last I knew it was like 240 lol. Looks like I will hunt down the cash for the party soon so I can pay for it or else I will be left out in the dust.(or prob. eating desert in France) I am really looking forward to meeting everyone I know it will be a day to remember for the rest of my life.

Jekyll_Baker

And I'm one of the new registrants who is considering going to the dessert party!

I will be going solo - but I also figure it's a great way to meet people.

Don't worry, you won't be the only one. I'm going solo too. I also see you're from Tavares - that's cool 'cause my dad's family is from there. My grandma and a couple aunts and uncles still live there or nearby (Eustis).

cb3k

I am so pumped!!!! FigmentsFriend, the list you mentioned of "dream surprises" has me really ampd on what "could" happen...For the real buffs (Martin), perhaps they will give you that detailed look into Communicore. I am certain that the Sentinel will be there covering this, and can't wait til my classmates at college point and laugh at me in my tight fitting retro shirt waving around an Epcot flag...Who Cares! Is there any additional costs that we must consider besides getting in to the park itself, and of course the celebratory guinness that I will be consuming? FigmentsFriend if you have any info regarding that it would be greatly appreciated....See ya real soon!

Jekyll_Baker

Just some random thoughts...thinking of the neatest possible things that could happen the day of our Event for a longtime EPCOT Fan.

Please note these are NOT things we are scheduled to do.....but hey, i can dream right? You just never know how far a dream can go though......:)

Get a sneak peek inside the load area of SSE...and ANY peek at all related to that attraction now under rehab.
Have the honor of meeting all the Imagineers who may come out for the Re-Dedication
Figment ( aka "Figzilla") joins us at the Re-Dedication, or at least comes out of his hideaway and mingles in the crowd.
Be able to visit the old original "ImageWorks" upstairs at the Imagination Pavillion
Have our Event covered on the nightly news, and front page news on the Orlando Sentinal.
EPCOT is packed full of people who have come from all over to celebrate it's anniversary ( i think this is pretty much a certain thing at this point)
Disney surprises us at the Dessert Party with a special EPCOT Birthday Cake! Wowee!

Anyone else have any ideas? What would YOU consider to be a awesome "plus" to the day?

Those are some really cool ideas/wishes!
How 'bout if Disney gave all of us in attendance a free lifetime pass to Epcot? (I know :shrug::lol:, but it's a dream)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

OK, while we're wishing.....
A commemorative certificate of our official participation signed by key Epcot movers and shakers
A commemorative Epcot/EPCOT Anniversary ticket (to match my opening day ticket)
Access to Cast collectables for the Anniversary.
Access to a luncheon/meet in one of the non dedicated lounges (Seas, SSE)

EPCOT.nut

A slumber party in SSE!

Yeah, I know, those ride vehicles..er, time machines, are hard as a rock.

What about a commemorative free photo pass 8x10 for all the registered attendees?

Or bring back the World Showcase Trolley rides?

theRIOT

Did someone ask for a Spaceship Earth waffle?

Originally Posted by brkgnews
Screw the Mickey Waffles. I want SSE waffles.

SpaceshipWaffle.jpg

Did I go too far with your request?

Cheers!

theRIOT

Thanks!

I was really bored today at work, so volia!!

Anyone have any requests? I'm always up for a challenge!!!

Now, someone please put that on a t-shirt and wear it in my honor to the event.

I would be there, but I am expecting a son to be born that week.

Cheers!

EPCOT.nut

Just wanted to give a small update. We now have 408 registered attendees (not including Jenn or I's parties).

WOW I am really impressed at the registered amount. Hope all of them show up. How about for the dessert party? I have been trying to get some folks to go but wonder if they have time to think about it?

ZapperZ

Well, last I read, it was approaching 200. We registered earlier this week and got in, so I'm guessing it was still under 200 a couple of days ago.

Zz.

jasondiff

WOW I am really impressed at the registered amount. Hope all of them show up. How about for the dessert party? I have been trying to get some folks to go but wonder if they have time to think about it?

Right now we're up to 73 (including your registration today), so you have a little time but keep in mind the max is 200. When we begin to approach 200 I will post often enough that people will know they're running out of time. As it stands now, you've got roughly 3 weeks left before the deadline.

EPCOT.nut

Right now we're up to 73 (including your registration today), so you have a little time but keep in mind the max is 200. When we begin to approach 200 I will post often enough that people will know they're running out of time. As it stands now, you've got roughly 3 weeks left before the deadline.

OK, it doesn't sound as bleak as I thought. I will lie a little to get the urgency feeling required. :lol:

Thanks for answering my post. The whole organization of this "grass roots" celebration is impressive.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I am so pumped!!!! FigmentsFriend, the list you mentioned of "dream surprises" has me really ampd on what "could" happen...For the real buffs (Martin), perhaps they will give you that detailed look into Communicore. I am certain that the Sentinel will be there covering this, and can't wait til my classmates at college point and laugh at me in my tight fitting retro shirt waving around an Epcot flag...Who Cares! Is there any additional costs that we must consider besides getting in to the park itself, and of course the celebratory guinness that I will be consuming? FigmentsFriend if you have any info regarding that it would be greatly appreciated....See ya real soon!

I'm pumped too....!

As far as additional costs...besides day pass admission you will want to bring some extra money for any meals you will want to have during your stay and for purchasing lots of EPCOT 25 goodies at Pin Station and Mouse Gear! LOL! No seriously...have you SEEN the awesome Disney Pins coming out that day??? Check em' out at the Official Pin Trading site on Disney.com. They are AWESOME and i will be buying one of each with Figment i am sure....

Other then that, there are no costs related to our Event.....only the Dessert Party if you choose to attend and this is something you would need to register and pay for before the end of this month ( August 28th is the deadline for the Dessert Party). More info can be found at the Celebration 25 Webpage ( see link in my signature!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom