Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Sorry for all the posts in a row...i had a lot to say in a short period of time before i leave for the weekend. I will be out of the loop for about 4 days...so figured now is the time to post thoughts!

Hear is a humourous passage written by Tirian from another thread ( "Epcot 25th Task Team" in News and Rumors). I had to share this here, as some of you may have missed it and it perfectly sums up how many may feel regarding how we hope to honor EPCOT's 25th with grace and style.

So to quote from Tirian:

"WE ARE NOT "FOAMERS"

"It takes an intellectual mind to fully appreciate EPCOT ( especially EPCOT Center). We do not want a tacky , glittery celebration full of princess crap and pixie dust Epcot pins. We do not plan to have Pal Mickey dolls strapped across our chests with Pooh fannypacks overflowing with Twinkies and cheese crackers. We want EPCOT to be recognized for what it is: an inspiring tribute to wonders of the real world, and a symbol of optimism for out future."

Well said, my friend!

:sohappy:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sorry for all the posts in a row...i had a lot to say in a short period of time before i leave for the weekend. I will be out of the loop for about 4 days...so figured now is the time to post thoughts!

Hear is a humourous passage written by Tirian from another thread ( "Epcot 25th Task Team" in News and Rumors). I had to share this here, as some of you may have missed it and it perfectly sums up how many may feel regarding how we hope to honor EPCOT's 25th with grace and style.

So to quote from Tirian:

"WE ARE NOT "FOAMERS"

"It takes an intellectual mind to fully appreciate EPCOT ( especially EPCOT Center). We do not want a tacky , glittery celebration full of princess crap and pixie dust Epcot pins. We do not plan to have Pal Mickey dolls strapped across our chests with Pooh fannypacks overflowing with Twinkies and cheese crackers. We want EPCOT to be recognized for what it is: an inspiring tribute to wonders of the real world, and a symbol of optimism for out future."

Well said, my friend!

:sohappy:

.....:lookaroun .....goes to look at the lanyard with Epcot/EPCOT pins I was planning to wear.....:dazzle:

I think you're in trouble too!

purchasing lots of EPCOT 25 goodies at Pin Station and Mouse Gear! LOL! No seriously...have you SEEN the awesome Disney Pins coming out that day??? Check em' out at the Official Pin Trading site on Disney.com. They are AWESOME and i will be buying one of each with Figment i am sure....

Figments Friend

Original Poster
We are both off the hook ...i think ... as i was under the impression he was referring to those Tinker Bell Magic Pins that were given out by CM's instead of the Magical Moment Certificates. I don't know if they still do...but I remember back when the news broke about these a lot of Park fans were upset about the Tinker Bell Magic Pins as they were viewed as inferior quick-fix replacements to the more favored Magical Moment Certificates.

So in the context of his quote, it makes sense as the point being made was that Fans wanted a real observation of the Anniversary, and not some lame non-event that non-fans would accept either way without complaint. The examples he noted were tongue-in-cheek examples....

Maybe i was reading too much into it....maybe he was originally referring to the forthcoming 25th Pins??

I did'nt mean it to take on a negative tone...sorry for the confusion!

I'm wearing my pins regardless.....be sure to wear yours too okay?

:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We are both off the hook ...i think ... as i was under the impression he was referring to those Tinker Bell Magic Pins that were given out by CM's instead of the Magical Moment Certificates. I don't know if they still do...but I remember back when the news broke about these a lot of Park fans were upset about the Tinker Bell Magic Pins as they were viewed as inferior quick-fix replacements to the more favored Magical Moment Certificates.

So in the context of his quote, it makes sense as the point being made was that Fans wanted a real observation of the Anniversary, and not some lame non-event that non-fans would accept either way without complaint. The examples he noted were tongue-in-cheek examples....

Maybe i was reading too much into it....maybe he was originally referring to the forthcoming 25th Pins??

I did'nt mean it to take on a negative tone...sorry for the confusion!

I'm wearing my pins regardless.....be sure to wear yours too okay?

:wave:

No, I was just joking too! I will have my pins....and be in line with you for those great looking 25th arrivals! :D

Figment76

I'm staying over at the BWV and won't be able to get to the front of Epcot until after the opening. Will the registration table still be set up out front for a little while after opening for those of us who have to enter through the International Gateway?

jasondiff

I don't think so. We will all be inside right at 9am (or slightly before) for the rededication ceremony. Your best bet would be to get a taxi to the front if you want to be there for the rededication ceremony. Otherwise (and I think jedimaster is working on the logistics) we will need to have some alternative for those who cannot be at our table before 9am.

Another possibility is take the MK bus that day, then take the monorail to the front of Epcot. Although taxi would be loads quicker, busses and monorails are free.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
What time to the buses start running to the parks in the morning? I'm guessing that they start running at least an hour before the parks open.

jedimaster1227

Awesome!! I cant wait till the news people make fun of me for showing up in a giant Figment Costume...Im gonna look like an idiot.

Well, I'm sorry to say, but you aren't allowed to wear any costumes. So if you plan on attending, you have to obey the rules of the park and those set by our group. No costumes allowed.

jeffb

Super cool things people would no doubt love to do/see during our EPCOT rally:

Get a sneak peek inside the load area of SSE...and ANY peek at all related to that attraction now under rehab.
Have the honor of meeting all the Imagineers who may come out for the Re-Dedication
Figment ( aka "Figzilla") joins us at the Re-Dedication, or at least comes out of his hideaway and mingles in the crowd.
Get to take a Backstage Tour!
Be able to visit the old original "ImageWorks" upstairs at the Imagination Pavillion
Meet Tony Baxter and Marty Skylar! YES!!!
Have our Event covered on the nightly news, and front page news on the Orlando Sentinal.
Have the old "Tapestry of Nation" puppets come out and mingle in the morning.
EPCOT is packed full of people who have come from all over to celebrate it's anniversary ( i think this is pretty much a certain thing at this point)
Disney surprises us at the Dessert Party with a special EPCOT Birthday Cake! Wowee!
Illuminations has a added "Epcot is 25 today" type ending ( way cool!)
Dreamfinder makes a totally unexpected appearence

Anyone else have any ideas? What would YOU consider to be a awesome "plus" to the day?

They play the original EPCOT Center entrace music loop on Oct 1st and have Mr. Wagner welcome us the 21st centure one more time.
And a Future Corps reunion performance.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Fine. Id rather just fly in the park anyway using my Imagination !!!

Seriously, you need to behave yourself. You can think the way you're acting is cute and in good fun all you want, but it's starting to become offensive and make people angry.

People spent a lot of time and effort to get this event going. Even if you're just kidding, you need to stop making a mockery of it. It is not appreciated.

jedimaster1227

Fine. Id rather just fly in the park anyway using my Imagination !!!

Alright. We've heard enough.

Seriously, you need to behave yourself. You can think the way you're acting is cute and in good fun all you want, but it's starting to become offensive and make people angry.

People spent a lot of time and effort to get this event going. Even if you're just kidding, you need to stop making a mockery of it. It is not appreciated.

Lets try to keep this from breaking out into an arguement, but you are right Merf. Let me just go far enough to say that if we find anyone that is a part of our group acting inappropriately before or during our event, you will be removed from our roster, barred from attending any of our special events and will not be allowed to take part in the activities which we will be offering that day. I understand sarcasm and jokes, but as we have seen above, there is a limit. People can only handle so much before they break, and we don't need any conflicts during our celebration. I will finish by saying that we don't have the energy or the patience to deal with problems like this when we all are working so hard (even when we are busy with other things- like getting wisdom teeth pulled).

I am looking forward to our event with every passing day, but it is small conflicts like this that really do worry me about bringing a group that we are attempting to call "professional" to Disney. It only takes one skeptic/person that decides to do something that could mess it up for all of us. I'm not directing this statement at any one person, but I believe that it would really be a shame for the work that all of us have been doing over the past 6.5 months to go to waste because someone couldn't adhere to the simple rules that go with Celebration 25 and attendance at the parks.

So, on a lighter note- Obviously the promo contest for 300 didn't work out (correct me if I'm wrong). So, my next challenge for our group is to come up with a new video promo (can be done in any style, as long as it does not break any distribution/copyright laws). As I said before, the winner of this contest will have his/her name featured at the end of the promo (to be submitted with your entry). The promo will be aired on Dreamfinder Forever's podcast, possibly alongside our other event partners' sites. Judging will begin on August 15th, and August 18th, the winner will be announced. Submissions can be made in the form of a file transfer, megaupload/rapidshare download or by contacting me, other arrangements can be made. I will start accepting entries now, so let the contest begin! Good luck! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom