Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Matpez

Personally, I couldn't be there Sunday, but I'm sure it would be worth it to those who could if you decide to take advantage of it.
:wave:

jedimaster1227

I've got some time on Sunday afternoon and evening, but was planning in the morning to do the Little Ones Magic Hour at the MK from 8-9, and breakfast at Crystal Palace after. So depending on what time you want to have the table set up, I'm definitely up for it. Will it be possible to have an official table in front of Epcot Sunday also, or were you thinking of a more informal thing somewhere inside the park?

I do agree that it would make Monday much easier in the morning if some people have already signed in on Sunday. I will have the dessert party wristbands before then so I will be able to hand them out on Sunday.

I am working to get us a table at a second time (or if we give Sunday a go, a second day). Mind you, Sunday will be a more informal day (being that as already said, not everyone in our group can make it for both days). If we do go ahead and make Sunday's meet a reality, we will have some special events planned for that day, but as always, they are optional to attend.

I plan on driving over on Sunday, so I may be available for something.
One sure thing: Adventurer's Club on Sunday night!:D

I'm liking that idea! I have never been to the Adventurer's Club before, so I have to ask- would it be difficult for a group of 400+ to get in? Also, is there a cost for admission to the club? My thought- we go to some kind of restaurant before we see the show (but seeing that I don't exactly know how the Adventurer's Club works- I just know someone who designed the majority of the skits), you all would have to tell me if that is feasible. Jenn, do we have your permission to open that Sunday for the event.

EPCOT.nut

Bummer...Sunday will not work out for me. I hope everyone that can go has a wonderful time! I just have to be satisfied with taking a day off work (Monday) to be at EPCOT! :)

Jekyll_Baker

Yeah, Sunday's a tough one for me also. I'll be driving down after I get off work on the 30th. So after being at work from 3am until probably 4-5pm (yes, that's nearly a 14 hour work day), a 3-3.5 hour drive, then checking in at Pop Century - I'll be a little tired. I'll need the sleep to be ready for ALL DAY at Epcot on Monday!

But, ya'll have fun on Sunday, no matter what you decide to do! See everybody on the 1st!

Tuesday would be fine though - if we don't plan anything for the 2nd, I may look into a Backstage tour.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
They play the original EPCOT Center entrace music loop on Oct 1st and have Mr. Wagner welcome us the 21st centure one more time.
And a Future Corps reunion performance.

Oooo nice! I like those additions to the "fantasy" roster !

I am sitting here in a hotel lobby's computer in Detroit...i found a way to catch up on the latest news! Yay!

Nice to visit a familar place while away from home....but then again my heart is always in Orlando anyway~ :D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I was kind of surprised that I had to go digging for this thread

Very valid observation.

Now that we are getting down to the last couple of months, is there any way we could get this thread made as a sticky? That would help keep it revelent on the first page of the forum, and also help people find this thread more easily. We now how many people interested in learning more, and we also now no doubt have attrached readers from the press, and no doubt Disney themselves.

How do you guys feel about this?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Another flurry of posts from me...lol....had some catching up to do!

I am fine with the idea for a early chance for wristband collecting. If Disney is cool with having the table out for us BOTH mornings i say go for it.

I will be arrving on Property Sept 27th very late, but the 28th i am "official" avalible if need be. I will be staying until the 4th, so again, i am around.

i am in the same boat as Jedimaster, as i have never been to the Adventurers' Club either! Sounds fun....but i would not be able to stay out too late since i have to wake up SO early the next morn for "The Big Day"! I am intrigued though....tell me more~!

Lee

Adventurer
I have never been to the Adventurer's Club before, so I have to ask- would it be difficult for a group of 400+ to get in?
Never happen. Place probably only holds 400 total, so I would advise only the really cool people to show up.:cool:

Also, is there a cost for admission to the club?
Yep. $23.38 (includes tax). The Adventurers Club is open to everyone, but children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

TheBeatles

Oooo nice! I like those additions to the "fantasy" roster !

I am sitting here in a hotel lobby's computer in Detroit...i found a way to catch up on the latest news! Yay!

Nice to visit a familar place while away from home....but then again my heart is always in Orlando anyway~ :D

what are you doing in Detroit?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I'm not real sure yet about Sunday for us, you see I'm local, but not local enough to do 2 days in a row without getting a room...so not sure about affording that with a bigger trip in Dec.

I do think it would be a great idea to do the Sunday though, if for no other reason than to give some folks a chance to check in early. You're going to have a mess I'm afraid, trying to check in almost 500 people all before 9am on the 1st, so checking some in a day early would be a great idea!

carolina_yankee

I registered earlier in July since discovering the thread, but have just lurked. Hi, everyone! :wave: Amazed and impressed by the leadersihp and community here.

We're there for 2 weeks around the 1st, but I'm not sure how much we'll do on Sunday - it would be nice to register early, but not necessary for us since we'll be at BCV anyway. Sunday was gonig to be an off-property day (gasp!) to visit Bok Sanctuary or tied up with a Food/Wine ticketed event . . . However, the re-dedication and dessert party are most important to us anyway (depending on what else is announced.)

Dirk

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m afraid we`ve rescheduled to see Fantasmic! on the Sunday night. It was going to be Wishes (for a first timer :eek: ) until it was brought to my attention that the Sunday is a MNSSHP; so we`re spending the day in the MK (mainly due to it being BTMs last day prior to the rehab) then hopping to Disney`s Hollywood Studios.

That sounds so weird saying that instead of MGM....

Figments Friend

Original Poster
what are you doing in Detroit?

I flit about here and there....this weekend i am in town for the annual US Queen Convention. Queen, as in the rock group! I have been a great admirer of this Bands' work for many years...and often make a effort to attend the yearly Conventions they have in the midwestern US.

It has been a great weekend so far, though my flights getting here were all messed up and in total chaos. I missed my conncecting flight to get here, and had to sit around in PHL for 6 HOURS waiting to see if they could squeeze me on the last flight to DTW. Argh...it was....well, "H - E Double-hockey stick!"

Hopefully i will be getting home much easier today when i return home......fingers criossed!

Foolish Mortal

I`m afraid we`ve rescheduled to see Fantasmic! on the Sunday night. It was going to be Wishes (for a first timer :eek: ) until it was brought to my attention that the Sunday is a MNSSHP; so we`re spending the day in the MK (mainly due to it being BTMs last day prior to the rehab) then hopping to Disney`s Hollywood Studios.

That sounds so weird saying that instead of MGM....

Looks like you and I are going to have the exact same schedule that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom