Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

I just saw this...

Until now, it was looking like the most ambitious Epcot 25th anniversary public event was being produced by Adam Roth, a remarkable 16-year-old fan from Celebration, with the help of some other Disney World fans. But now it looks as if Walt Disney World and Walt Disney Imagineering are stepping up, and will be offering some sort of "rededication ceremony" to mark the park's 25th on Oct. 1.

Word has it that Epcot's planning to have dignitaries such as Imagineering legend Marty Sklar come in for the fun.

When Disney officials announced in January that they were planning nothing public for the anniversary, Adam and some others, including Jenn Waitt, began organizing a privately-sponsored public celebration called Celebration 25, spelled out on Adam's website Dreamfinder Forever. They've been working with Epcot's special events office, and Adam advises now that they've gotten word from that office about the Disney-produced public celebration.
Adam said Celebration 25 has 240 participants registered thusfar. Details of their celebration will be coming.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2007/07/epcot-rededicat.html

I don't live in Celebration, but the rest is true. As of the time I spoke to Mr. Powers, we had 240 participants. Now we have over 260 registered attendees. When I get home from work, I will add this news to the site. Congradulations everyone! :sohappy:

Thessair

Personally speaking, I release said artwork for the good of the event and to be used however anyone sees fit ( but I get one free -- Size XL :D :lookaroun )

However I just designed the logo -- it's really up to the peeps (jedi) who are controlling it.

Actually I have just setup a cafepress store (no profits go to me or anyone else other than Cafepress.com) here at http://www.cafepress.com/celebration25. If none of the items listed there are suitable, then feel free to create your own item! :wave:

Thank you very much. As I said earlier, if there is anything I can do to help out with manning a table or whatnot, feel free to let me know. I'd be more than honored to do what I can.

This is going to be a blast.

emot-epcot-25a.gif

jasondiff

Question:
I did register for the general event. However, as a cast member, I won't know my schedule till a week and a half before the event. Shoot, at this time, I don't even know what park I'll be in Oct 1.

Do we need wristbands for general events, or just the desert party?
What if I can't get to the event till after work ?(if I'm working late, before work should be no problem)
And I don't eat deserts as a rule, especially if I am consuming alcohol. Is it possible to just come, use the cash bar, and enjoy the fireworks? Perhaps 2 different color wristbands, one for those enjoying deserts and one for those enjoying the cash bar.:D

While I can't speak about the general events, I can tell you the policy for the dessert party. This is how Disney does these type of events. You have to pay to get a wristband, and you need a wristband to get in. The payment covers the desserts as much as it does the venue fee, setup, CM hosts, etc. for the event location, so there's not any way to do it differently if you are there but not eating desserts.

If you will not know your schedule before the dessert party signup deadline, such that you don't know if you'll be able to make it, I can offer this option:
If you register and pay for the dessert party then cannot come, it may possible for you or I to find someone to take your spot. Then this person would pay and you will get your money back. Of course there are no guaranteed refunds, but I have no problem with someone else taking your spot.

If anyone else is interested in this arrangement, I am open to it. The most important thing to remember is that there is a chance you won't get your money back. But based on past experience, there are always some people who missed the deadline and want to go.

Gorjus

If you register and pay for the dessert party then cannot come, it may possible for you or I to find someone to take your spot.

I appreciate the offer. I just can't see paying $40 for something I won't eat. I can simply get to Italy as early as I can and stake out a spot near the party so I can be near everyone for Illuminations and then hang with everyone for the burn off. Of course I might be at my department's base, turning in my equipment during Illuminations:brick:

dajatje

Here's my plan as far as dessert party registration goes:

I will send out a confirmation email on 8/24 to all who have registered and paid. I will also post here in this thread when it goes out. That way if you don't get it but you thought you registered and paid, then you can email me.

I will also send out an informational email sometime in the week prior to 10/1 with any last-minute info such as the alternate weather location. I will not have that info more than a week in advance so I can't send it out sooner. For those that will be en route or in WDW for that week, the same information will also be distributed in the morning with the wristbands. And if all else fails, in the unfortunate event we need to utilize the alternate location, Event Services will post a CM at Italy Isola to tell people where to go instead.

I think this will cover all the bases.

This certainly covers all the bases. Thanks for your hard work on this!

-SIR-

I am about to register for the free event - I will probably register for the dessert party as well once I have stable plans- If I would like to add someone to the free event can I do so later?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I don't live in Celebration, but the rest is true. As of the time I spoke to Mr. Powers, we had 240 participants. Now we have over 260 registered attendees. When I get home from work, I will add this news to the site. Congradulations everyone! :sohappy:

Wow....we have made it to the Sentinal now i see! Awesome!!

Thanks for remembering me too...Jedimaster! :wave:

I told my Dad last night about all that has happened recently regarding the Event, and i think he is in shock! LOL!! He is pretty darn impressed at what we have all accomplished so far....

Man this is going to be GREAT!

Hot Tip: ANYONE looking to book a flight to MCO that weekend ......AirTran.com is having a fare sale until August 1st: $89 one way! Woo Hoo!!

jedimaster1227

Wow....we have made it to the Sentinal now i see! Awesome!!

Thanks for remembering me too...Jedimaster! :wave:

I told my Dad last night about all that has happened recently regarding the Event, and i think he is in shock! LOL!! He is pretty darn impressed at what we have all accomplished so far....

Man this is going to be GREAT!

Hot Tip: ANYONE looking to book a flight to MCO that weekend ......AirTran.com is having a fare sale until August 1st: $89 one way! Woo Hoo!!

And some more good news for the day... We have 279 people registered including another well-known member of the community, Lou Mongello! Along with Lou, we now have Jeff Lange, Martin Smith, Lee, Scott Powers (of the Orlando Sentinel), and Len Testa registered to attend (just to name a few). We have been shown strong community support, and hopefully that will continue as we get closer to the event. I am still working on a few suprises, so we will have to see, but stayed tuned as I promise the news will only get better as we get closer to that fateful day! :animwink:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Is there a list of names? Or is there just a list of group "heads" that tell how many people will be in their group? I can't remember how we registered.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
We have 279 people registered including another well-known member of the community, Lou Mongello! Along with Lou, we now have Jeff Lange, Martin Smith, Lee, Scott Powers (of the Orlando Sentinel), Kevin Page, and Len Testa registered to attend (just to name a few).

Nice! I knew the attendence number would jump once you made the announcment about our involvment in the Re-Dedication. It will be interesting to see HOW MANY will end up coming in the end, registered at least.

Now about these well-known members of the communtiy....some of them i do not know! Anyone care to tell me? Martin i know from here, as well as the infinate wisdom that is Lee......but the others i need a refresher on. :)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Is there a list of names? Or is there just a list of group "heads" that tell how many people will be in their group? I can't remember how we registered.

Most, if not all, registered through the link Jedimaster has set up at his webpage ( see my link below in my signature for a look...)

I am fairly sure only Jedi has a complete list of folks registered so far. I do not know what plans are held for it's "release" other then to Disney Events for the upcoming surprises.

jedimaster1227

There is a full list of names, but I won't release the entire list just yet...

Now about these well-known members of the communtiy....some of them i do not know! Anyone care to tell me? Martin i know from here, as well as the infinate wisdom that is Lee......but the others i need a refresher on. :)

Jeff Lange sells great Disney park DVDs. Len Testa is a major Disney podcaster and the author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World book series. Lou Mongello is major player in the community, working on many different sites and podcasts (most notably Disneyworldtrivia), also known for his work on the previous MouseFests and his acts of charity. These are only a few of our more well known members, so I won't spoil it all!

Most, if not all, registered through the link Jedimaster has set up at his webpage ( see my link below in my signature for a look...)

I am fairly sure only Jedi has a complete list of folks registered so far. I do not know what plans are held for it's "release" other then to Disney Events for the upcoming surprises.

I still am deciding on a release list, due to confidentiality issues. I'm not sure I will...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict

Duh..should have looked there first I suppose. So the person that registered my group (aka me) should make sure to bring an ID that day.

lentesta

Premium Member
Jeff Lange sells great Disney park DVDs. Len Testa is a major Disney podcast and the author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World book series. Lou Mongello is major player in the community, working on many different sites and podcasts (most notably Disneyworldtrivia), also known for his work on the previous MouseFests and his acts of charity. These are only a few of our more well known members, so I won't spoil it all!

Mongello's going? I want to reconsider my answer. :animwink:

Len

jedimaster1227

Mongello's going? I want to reconsider my answer. :animwink:

Len

Again Len, great to have you with us! Do you mind sending me your email address via PM as I have a proposal for the event that I thought you (and some of the others I mentioned earlier) might be interested in! :wave:

Edit: Wow! I just made the 800th post on this thread! I'm amazed!

wannabeBelle

Hey there I think this is a good idea to not release the names of the attendees. Of course is some of our more well known members such as Len Testa would like to announce if they are going, that would be cool. I have no problem with anyone knowing I Am attending, but I dont know how comfortable other people will be with that!!! Have a great day all!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom