Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

Oh, totally don't want anyone feeling like it's a battle. You just have the official hookup and i don't want peeps standing around who are fans going "Why are those peeps getting in? What's with the wristbands? Why wasn't I invited?"

I don't know how to approach them. I did see you work on Laughing Place and aside from them bashing you for me not updating the site (which I apologize about) you have done a great job. Would you consider contacting "The Epcot Thing" group since you have a little more experience in that area (and you seem to feel more strongly about having them join us)?

As of today I will be enjoying dessert with the rest of you.

I will be there too, I am just waiting to register until I get a final number for my party.

And have we broken 300 yet?

No, not yet. We are still just over 280. But considering last week we had 175, we haven't done too poorly this week... :animwink:

disnyfan89

Yup, a flurry of signups in the past several days. Current paid attendance stands at 53. And as the news keeps getting spread around, I'm expecting more.
WOW! Just 53? I would have thought it would be more! I guess everyone one is waiting till the last minute.

jasondiff

WOW! Just 53? I would have thought it would be more! I guess everyone one is waiting till the last minute.

Maybe they are, but in any case I think it is worth mentioning again that the dessert party capacity is 200. Now that close to 300 people have signed up for the event, people who haven't signed up yet should consider doing it soon! Once we hit 200 for the dessert party, no more signups will be taken.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm definately in the "waiting" group for the dessert reception. My joined-at-the-hip Epcot-buddy (who i swear only goes to humor me) is going to grad school in Ohio in a few weeks. I dunno if i'll have anyone to go with me :( We gotta get schedules and see if it's plausible to fly down for the weekend.

No worries though, onwards and upwards :)

jedimaster1227

I believe I've chosen a winner for the dialogue contest, but before I say the winner, I'd like to get some more opinions. I will announce the final winner tomorrow, so please tell me your thoughts.

cupanudles

Hey Jedimaster, can you please tell me what this dialogue thing is about, is this a speech contest? Who will hear it and when will it be read? Thanks!

jedimaster1227

Hey Jedimaster, can you please tell me what this dialogue thing is about, is this a speech contest? Who will hear it and when will it be read? Thanks!

Here is the information I gave when I announced the contest. If you are planning on entering something, I can hold off on my official announcement until Monday. I am working to get a total of 3-5 people on stage with me if we get a confirmation that we will get to make our little "presentation" during the ceremony. My thought was that Jason, Jenn and I along with the winner of our text logo contest (brkgnews) and the winner of our dialogue contest would go up. I can't confirm anything yet, but I am working hard to make this a possibility.

So, along with the text logo contest I am looking for, I am starting a re-dedication dialogue contest. I am working on several possibilities to get our group to be a real part of the re-dedication ceremony, so what I ask is that if you are interested in writing up something, it needs to be succinct and to the point. This text will be in honor of the park, everyone that ever worked there and anyone that ever visited. The text needs to cover these three subjects in a quick, but meaningful manner. I myself am working on such a text, but I would like to see if anyone else can do better, because I'm not always the greatest when it comes to such a dialogue.

So... This is why I have been so excited these past few weeks, and I promise you, that I am still working on more suprises, so keep a look out! (I will be working on a new/tentative schedule to be released within the next week.) Thank you all for your time! I look forward to seeing you all soon!

Here is a perfect example (and the one in line to win) made by Sirnim: http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/968/epcotdedication1wy4.png. Hope that clears this up, but if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Thessair

So I was tooling around with designing a bowling shirt since, as I said, t-shirts and I aren't really that friendly. I found a blank that is virtually identical to the /Tomorrowland shirt Disney put out for the 50th. Obviously I did a crappy job of Photoshopping the logos on, but I was curious if anyone else would be interested in one? I'm getting the detail work embroidered instead of silk screened. I've got to drop $300 in the next few weeks to get the art set-up but I'm definitely getting one for myself. The shirts are looking at a final cost of $79 each ($38.50 for the blank, $15.00 for the pocket logo, and $25.50 for the back), if the figures they quoted me don't change.

Edit: In the final version, the interior of the EPCOT logo will be silver/gray like the lettering.

cele-bowling.jpg

EpcotServo

So I was tooling around with designing a bowling shirt since, as I said, t-shirts and I aren't really that friendly. I found a blank that is virtually identical to the /Tomorrowland shirt Disney put out for the 50th. Obviously I did a crappy job of Photoshopping the logos on, but I was curious if anyone else would be interested in one? I'm getting the detail work embroidered instead of silk screened. I've got to drop $300 in the next few weeks to get the art set-up but I'm definitely getting one for myself. The shirts are looking at a final cost of $79 each ($38.50 for the blank, $15.00 for the pocket logo, and $25.50 for the back), if the figures they quoted me don't change.

Wow, nice! Could someone please direct me to the CafePress shop selling shirts with the Celebration 25 logo on it? Or has it not been made as of yet?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Here is the information I gave when I announced the contest. If you are planning on entering something, I can hold off on my official announcement until Monday. I am working to get a total of 3-5 people on stage with me if we get a confirmation that we will get to make our little "presentation" during the ceremony. My thought was that Jason, Jenn and I along with the winner of our text logo contest (brkgnews) and the winner of our dialogue contest would go up. I can't confirm anything yet, but I am working hard to make this a possibility.

Here is a perfect example (and the one in line to win) made by Sirnim: http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/968/epcotdedication1wy4.png. Hope that clears this up, but if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

I just saw this myself, so if you can hold off, I'd like to be able to take a shot at it too.
thanks!

jedimaster1227

thanks! I think someone needs to make one in black, and without that logo on the back though.

Are you saying a black shirt with just the text logo? I need brkgnews to make a version of the text logo with a black background before I can do that.

Brkgnews, if you could make the text logo with a black background, then I can make a new shirt like you guys have been asking about.

brkgnews

Are you saying a black shirt with just the text logo? I need brkgnews to make a version of the text logo with a black background before I can do that.

Brkgnews, if you could make the text logo with a black background, then I can make a new shirt like you guys have been asking about.
I can hop on that tonight. But if Fievel drops by before I do, I sent him the in photoshop file and the "blackening" instructions too. So whichever of us gets there first. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom