Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

All of this is awesome news! This event is getting more and more exciting!

jedimaster-
Once you confirm the times for the table out front, let me know and I will update the Dessert Party signup page as well. Is the Kennel Club on the far left as you face the front entrance? I don't really remember, but of all the times I walked from the bus stops on the right, I don't remember passing the Kennel Club, so that's what makes me think it's on the left.

We have just under 50 registered and paid attendees for the dessert party so far, not including jedimaster's and Figment's Friend's parties.

Just an idea, if there are a lot of people who can't make it before park opening to pick up wristbands, perhaps we can have a second meet location inside the park after the dedication ceremony. Of course those people will miss being part of that ceremony but at least there will be a second chance for them to meet up with the us before the rest of the day's events. Or another idea is to allow one person to pick up the wristbands for their entire party at the table, then that person can find their party later and give them wristbands.

Just throwing these ideas out there. I figure with the change of plans, I will hand out dessert party wristbands at the table before park opening, and then again at the venue location just before the party.

Edit-
I just checked a map from Epcot and confirmed that the Kennel Club is the building circled in red. So I assume our table will be somewhere within or near the red box?

Yes, you are correct! This is where our table will be. Jason, since you are running the paid event for us, I do ask that you are there with me in the morning to welcome everyone and distribute the necesscary items for those who are attending the dessert party. And Jenn, since the idea was yours I ask that you be there too to greet everyone! :wave:

I'll volunteer to help on the editing and DVD side of this (not sure if I'll have HD video-cam by then or not). I've got a complete Video Editing, Motion Graphics and DVD Authoring setup from when I did this for a living for a few years. The setup even includes the robotic duplicator that can produce full commercial style DVD's with printed surface graphics, and cases just like you buy in a store.

It might be cool for everyone in attendance to send in their photos to be put into digital photo albums or blended in with the video as well.

That sounds fine, but would this service be free? :lookaroun

jasondiff

Yes, you are correct! This is where our table will be. Jason, since you are running the paid event for us, I do ask that you are there with me in the morning to welcome everyone and distribute the necesscary items for those who are attending the dessert party. And Jenn, since the idea was yours I ask that you be there too to greet everyone! :wave:

No problem, I'll be there bright and early. I'll probably be so excited I won't be able to sleep! Just keep me posted with the details as they unfold.

jedimaster1227

All of the editing and authoring time and access to the equipment and other tools is on me.

The most I'd ask is help with actual cost of physical materials (est. $3.00-$4.00) + postage for each DVD kit.

Alright! Let me see how much footage we end up with, but let me just say that we won't be releasing ANY unauthorized DVDs. They must be associated with our group to be official, so anyone planning on filming must either keep it for personal use or share it for inclusion in our memories video, by whom it will be made will be announced after the event takes place.

I don't mean this to sound on the offensive, but due to my past experiences with mass outlets, I am just taking early precautions to make sure that if we decide to make a video later on, it is from our group, and credited to only our group.

What time are ya'll going to be leaving epcot that day? I have class that day but im out by 3.
Btw, anyone else at ucf going to this and want to ride together?

jedimaster1227

What time are ya'll going to be leaving epcot that day? I have class that day but im out by 3.
Btw, anyone else at ucf going to this and want to ride together?

You can surely join us at any time you want, but to be a member of our group, you need to register. We can setup an alternative time to give you any required items once you arrive. If you can make it, it will be a pleasure having you with us! :wave:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Unfortunately, I don't have the $$$ to buy a high definition burner, but it will still be awesome quality downsized to standard definition. I can also send high def files to anyone who can edit them.

BSikor

My attempts...

Okay, a long time ago I used to write speeches and screenplays and have not done it in some time so go easy on me. Here are my first ideas for the rededication...

Walt Disney believed that “If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It” and on October 1, 1982 the gates of Epcot were opened to the world and its dreams of the future were shared with all that entered. Epcot has continued to evolve from that day twenty-five years ago yet it still continues to celebrate human achievements through imagination and promises new and exciting benefits for this generation and for all those that will follow.

May Epcot always continue to entertain, inform and inspire in hopes of uniting the world in peace.

Opened October 1, 1982
Rededicated October 1, 2007

Opened on October 1, 1982, Epcot promised to educate and inspire all who passed through its gates. Twenty-five years later Epcot has continued to live up to its promise. It has evolved to share its belief in a world full of wonder, excitement and creativity to a new generation of guests. Epcot will continue to grow, entertain, inform and inspire in hopes of one day uniting the world in peace.

On October 1, 1982, Epcot opened to the world and showcased new and exciting ideas that have inspired people from many walks of life. It was a glimpse into a world we only dared to dream.

Now, twenty-five years later Epcot continues to grow, entertain, inform and inspire a new generation of guests and the many generations to come.

May Epcot continue to pass on to all that enter through its gates a feeling of hope, peace and unity for all the world.

Matpez

I'm planning on buying a HD Camcorder before we go to WDW for this function, so I'll volunteer to videotape the whole thing, and lug along the tripod to make sure we have a good shot.

I can then send the file over CD's or something, or make a DVD out of the day's activities for anyone who is interested.

I also plan on bring my equipment. Although not HD, it is my professional 3ccd panasonic DVC 80 which I use for all my work projects.

I am also able to bring along a uhf wireless mic kit in case we want soundbytes/interviews.

I also edit and author DVD's full time and have the ability to make many DVD copies at once for minimal cost.

What "HD" camera would you consider getting? Remember that HDV even in the "pro" cameras is still a mpeg compressed long GOP format, so editing that requires super computing power and lots of time. Plus, there is no way to really deliver it on a final DVD without having a Blu-ray burner. Even then, blank discs are $20 each.
My opinion would be to make a nice SD video and avoid having to use "fake" HDV which is much harder to edit, and must be recompressed to regular NTSC SD to be put on a standard DVD anyway.

We could start a new thread elsewhere (chit chat?) about how we can make the best video possible, and options on how to edit and deliver it.
All along I have wanted to do this, and I defiantly can contribute.
:wave:

dajatje

Hi all,

I will be bringing my HD(V) camera as well. I doubt my material will be very usefull for the masses, since it only records PAL. I know it is not impossible to convert it to NTSC.

I have no time to do it myself, but I wonder if it would look nice to use flags of the showcase nations in the Celebration 25 text. It would surely add color to it.

Dajatje

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi all,

I will be bringing my HD(V) camera as well. I doubt my material will be very usefull for the masses, since it only records PAL. I know it is not impossible to convert it to NTSC.
daja - small world! Good to see you here ;)

I`ll also have a non-HD, but 3 Chip PAL DV cam with me, and 2 digi stills cameras.

This gets better by the minute! One thought, how much before the park opening does the Auto Plaza open? It`d be useful to introduce eachother before park opening since once its open I dare say we`ll be a little excited.

I know I will!

spectrodanny

Just wanted to bump this up.....

I have a friend who is helping me to get in touch with Tony Baxter in the hope that he may take an interest in this little get together. I know Jedimaster is also working on this too...so with a little faith and trust, and some Pixie Dust....who knows?

I also wanted to extend a invitation to all Cm's, Characters, uppers, managers, Imagineers on sight and anyone else remoted connected to the company or the parks to feel more then welcome in joining us. I would really like to see some of you there...and personally meet with as many of you if the situation presents itself. It's people like YOU who carry the torch of EPCOT into the next century, and you should be recognized for that.

So come on by at 10 am Oct 1st behind the Fountain of Nations...on the old' EPCOT Center logo....and meet up with some die-hard Park enthusiests and fans this side of Spaceship Earth! It's going to be GREAT...and the MORE the MERRIER!!!

I will do what I can to get Tony to Fl for that special day though I can't make any promises. UGGGGH! this breaks my heart I can't be there w/ you after all that fun we had in May at Disneyland.

brkgnews

I won't be leaving Epcot until after the Inferno Barge burnoff, to me, that will signal an end to the Celebration. :)
There ya go! Even though I'm staying on-property, screw the buses. I'm DRIVING in that day for two reasons...

A) So my truck with it's vintage pavilion symbol decals on it can be seen :lookaroun

B) So I can get there as early as I want and leave as late as I want (Security not withstanding :lookaroun).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There ya go! Even though I'm staying on-property, screw the buses. I'm DRIVING in that day for two reasons...

A) So my truck with it's vintage pavilion symbol decals on it can be seen :lookaroun

B) So I can get there as early as I want and leave as late as I want (Security not withstanding :lookaroun).
There should be at least 50 of us there so we can take them.:lol:

EpcotServo

This gets better by the minute! One thought, how much before the park opening does the Auto Plaza open? It`d be useful to introduce eachother before park opening since once its open I dare say we`ll be a little excited.

I know I will!

Yea, I'd like to be there before the bulk of people comes to help out!

TheBeatles

For those of you who are going to be there on the 1st...

...are you expecting Disney to do something special for this large group of fans?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About the Autoplaza - I don't think they ever really close it. They just put up that sign saying "proceed to your destination" and leave it at that.

Epcot workers come in through the Autoplaza if they park in the front.

If anything, it should be open by 7am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom