Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

Ha ha...here's a post I'd thought you'd all enjoy from Micechat...

:D

Very cool! :D

I think I've checked this thread like 20 times today waiting for the schedule to come out ;)

Me too!!!! :ROFLOL:

Tick. :lookaroun Tock. :lookaroun Tick. :lookaroun Tock. :lookaroun

we're all impatient... though we were told last night it would be up.

-waits-

Mighty impatient aren't we? I'm sorry for the "delay" but I did not say that it would be up last night (I said midnight at the earliest, but made no promises). I ask that you all please have patience with me in the future (as I try to keep my promises, but in the interest of saving our group from any trouble [or humiliating cancellations by Disney], I have done everything in my power to make sure this event runs smoothly). As I am 16, I do have school, so I don't get home until the mid afternoon. I have been busily calling all of my connections at Disney to get final confirmations and get the "ok" to release this- our "final" schedule. The schedule itself may get a few changes down the road, but this is the most accurate schedule (the one we will be following as of right now).

Celebration 25 Schedule

as of 9/10/07 5:49 PM​

Sunday, September 30

7:00 AM

Registration OPENS
7:30 AM

8:00 AM

8:30 AM

9:00 AM
EPCOT Opens
9:30 AM

10:00 AM
Registration Table Closes
(Vols in by 10:15)
10:30 AM

11:00 AM
History Walk Begins
World Showcase - Mexico
11:30 AM
History Walk
Future World East
11:30 – 12:30 p.m.
12:00 PM
12:30 PM

1:00 PM

1:30 PM

2:00 PM
History Walk
Future World West
2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
2:30 PM
3:00 PM
History Walk
Fountain – Innoventions
3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
3:30 PM
4:00 PM

4:30 PM

5:00 PM

5:30 PM

6:00 PM

6:30 PM

7:00 PM
Soarin’ “Last Ride of the Night” Meet
7:00 p.m.
The Land Pavilion – meet in the queue
7:30 PM
8:00 PM
8:30 PM

8:45 PM

9:00 PM
Enjoy Illuminations On Your Own
9:30 PM
10:00 PM

10:30 PM

11:00 PM

Monday, October 1

6:30 AM

7:00 AM
Event coordinators arrive to setup
7:30 AM
Celebration 25 REGISTRATION
BEGINS 7:00 a.m.
In front of Kennel Club, to the left of the entrance to Future World
8:00 AM
8:30 AM
9:00 AM
EPCOT Opens
9:30 AM
OFFICIAL REDEDICATION CEREMONY
Directly after park opening
Fountain of Nations Plaza
10:00 AM
10:30 AM
11:00 AM
Celebration 25 Group Photo
11:00 a.m.
Fountain of Nations Plaza by Epcot Logo
11:30 AM
12:00 PM
12:30 PM

1:00 PM

1:30 PM

2:00 PM
Journey Into Imagination Group Ride
2:00 p.m.
Imagination! Pavilion
2:30 PM
3:00 PM

3:30 PM

4:00 PM

4:30 PM
5:00 PM
American Adventure Meet
5:00 p.m.
Meet at entrance to pavilion
5:30 PM
6:00 PM

6:30 PM

7:00 PM

7:30 PM

8:00 PM
Illuminations dessert party
8:00 p.m.-Park Closing
Italy’s Isola
Pre-registration and tickets required
Sorry, no walk-ups available
8:30 PM
8:45 PM
9:00 PM
9:30 PM
10:00 PM
10:30 PM
11:00 PM

So thats it... For now! :animwink: To see the schedule in a better, easier to read format, click here.

Eyorefan

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It's here!!! This is completely wonderfully awesome!!! Thanks for all your hard work in getting it all together, and for putting up with all of us impatient people.

I am so excited!!!

jedimaster1227

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It's here!!! This is completely wonderfully awesome!!! Thanks for all your hard work in getting it all together, and for putting up with all of us impatient people.

I am so excited!!!

Glad you like it! I have no problem with anticipation, but I would hope that by now, people know that I am dedicated to this event and do what I can to keep the promises I make- and safely assume that if I can't, it is for a good reason. For all of those impatient ones, remember- good things take time. Horizons didn't open until a year after EPCOT Center- get my point? :animwink:

Things don't start too early. Lots of time to enjoy Epcot on my own. Simple.

I like it very much.

That was our thought process when re-building our schedule. The original schedule was crammed (mind you, this was before we even had Sunday listed as one of our days)... It would have been way too hectic, and we doubted that people would have a true chance to experience to park. That is why we have left so much room on our schedule- to better suit you all! :animwink:

Figment82

The schedule looks fantastic! I have lunch ressies at Chefs de France, and it looks like I will still have plenty of time to attend the scheduled events.

Now the rededication is at 9:30 - am I reading that correctly? Hopefully that 30 minutes from opening to ceremony will give me plenty of time to buy all of the merchandise and then make it over to the fountain.

Thank you SO much for everything - I know I keep saying that but it's true. This event is literally the only thing getting me through the next 3 weeks. I can't wait! :D

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Just a quick question:

Will the schedule come to us in an email later, or will it only be posted here on the forum?

My reason for asking is for printing purposes, just wondering if I should start transferring the info to another document for printing.

Thanks a bunch, and thanks so much for all the time and effort that's been put into this to make it happen!! What a great couple of days this will be :D

jedimaster1227

The schedule looks fantastic! I have lunch ressies at Chefs de France, and it looks like I will still have plenty of time to attend the scheduled events.

Now the rededication is at 9:30 - am I reading that correctly? Hopefully that 30 minutes from opening to ceremony will give me plenty of time to buy all of the merchandise and then make it over to the fountain.

Thank you SO much for everything - I know I keep saying that but it's true. This event is literally the only thing getting me through the next 3 weeks. I can't wait! :D

We have posted the rededication as taking plaec at 9:30, but I will stress that you will want to get to the Fountain of Nations plaza ASAP to get a good viewing spot. This ceremony will be packed- trust me! :animwink:

Just a quick question:

Will the schedule come to us in an email later, or will it only be posted here on the forum?

My reason for asking is for printing purposes, just wondering if I should start transferring the info to another document for printing.

Thanks a bunch, and thanks so much for all the time and effort that's been put into this to make it happen!! What a great couple of days this will be :D

Yes, we will be sending these out via email soon, but I wanted to release it publicly first. Expect that email to be out within the next 72 hours.

Figment1986

We have posted the rededication as taking plaec at 9:30, but I will stress that you will want to get to the Fountain of Nations plaza ASAP to get a good viewing spot. This ceremony will be packed- trust me! :animwink:

Will it be first come first serve... or also have an area marked off for guests in wheelchairs so they can see as well. Mom cannot stand for a long time and uses a wheelchair.

jedimaster1227

Will it be first come first serve... or also have an area marked off for guests in wheelchairs so they can see as well. Mom cannot stand for a long time and uses a wheelchair.

I would safely assume that it will be first come first serve as this is not a publicly announced (or scheduled) event. To ensure that your mother has a good view, I recommend going directly to the stage after you get into the park.

Alrighty then, thanks. :wave:

Not a problem!

No UoE group ride :cry:

Unfortunately no. Due to time constraints, we had to remove it from our schedule...

ZapperZ

It's official! Just got my airfare this morning. Got a great "Ding" from Southwest. We're all set to go!

Question: We'll be at Saratoga this trip. Do you think it would be in our best interest to take a cab to Epcot on Sunday, 9/30 to get there early for our wristbands, or will we be o.k. to jump on the Disney busses? :shrug:

We will be "next door" at OKW, and if you want, we can pick you up since we will be driving there on both days (9/30 and 10/1), as long as you don't mind being picked up at around 8:15 am on both days.

Zz.

HinunterZuNich

I am booking my resort tonight and due to a limited budget the choices are either All Star Sports or All Star Music. Pop Century isn't available at the AAA rate that I want to book :(

Is anyone else staying at these resorts? Anyone willing to pick up one person LOL???

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I just thought of another random question for anyone who knows...

Does Sunshine Seasons still serve breakfast? I'm trying to plan Day 1, and thinking this would work before the 11am History Walk begins. I'm clueless here, as I'm not a morning person and very rarely make it to the parks at breakfast time.

brkgnews

Nice sked.

And PS -- hope the tick tock didn't p!$$ you off too badly -- it was only meant in jest.

I do the same thing everytime I walk by Captain Hook in the parks. :p

Kuhio

Cool. Thanks for posting the schedule, and thanks for all the hard work in organizing this event.

If I understand correctly, the Disney resort buses don't start running until approximately one hour before park opening -- 9:00. None of the parks open early on either 9/30 or 10/1 (with the exception of DAK, which opens at 8:00 on 10/1 for extended hotel guest hours). I assume, then, that the earliest bus bound for Epcot would leave each resort at 8:00... which would probably get you there by... 8:10 to 8:30? (I recall that some of the buses make multiple stops before heading out to the designated park.)

I guess I'm contemplating catching a cab on Monday morning... unless it's feasible to actually walk from Port Orleans to Epcot...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A note:

Soarin, though part of Future World, remains open until 9pm. Not sure if the 7pm meet/ride "last of the night" was based on the 7pm closing (which it doesn't) or not.

GymLeaderPhil

I guess I'm contemplating catching a cab on Monday morning... unless it's feasible to actually walk from Port Orleans to Epcot...
If you're staying at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Swan, or Dolphin hotels it would be possible to walk to Epcot.

Since there are no sidewalks connecting pedestrians from other Disney resorts to Epcot, those walking along any of the roads will be picked up by Security.

I'm not quite sure what time the first group of buses start appearing at the resorts for those who have 8am-9am seatings for Norway's Princess Storybook Breakfast (I know this was discussed earlier), but that seems like it will be the best bet for those of you who have no other means of transportation to reach Epcot for Monday registration. Can anyone confirm what time these buses start reaching the resorts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom