Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

DisneyMarg

Took a little trip down memory lane today when housecleaning uncovered my old WDW stash of materials. I found the brochure/book that was published when Epcot opened. This was a promotional booklet but several pages and lots of pictures. They sent it to us in the mail before my first trip to WDW in April of 1983. I read all the words off the page, practically, and in fact the book is a bit dog eared because I read it and re-read it.

Do you think there is any value to me bringing it along on the 1st? Anyone want to take a look?

Gorjus

HI,

Still working on getting the day off, though I did register. People keep talking about "the schedule". I haven't seen a schedule posted. Did I miss it?

For some reason this thread does not ever bring me to the last thread that I viewed when it sends me a note that someone has posted. It always brings me to the last page. So, a schedule could have been posted and I might have missed it.

jasondiff

HI,

Still working on getting the day off, though I did register. People keep talking about "the schedule". I haven't seen a schedule posted. Did I miss it?

For some reason this thread does not ever bring me to the last thread that I viewed when it sends me a note that someone has posted. It always brings me to the last page. So, a schedule could have been posted and I might have missed it.

Nothing official has been posted yet. Just a sneak peek with a Soarin meet at 7pm Sunday.

Kuhio

I've collected a number of pins over the years, but generally only quirky ones that caught my eye and that I'd like to keep. I'll probably try to get one or two of the 25th anniversary ones, though. I haven't been to Epcot in a while -- is there a centralized store for pins?

Also, I was excited to discover earlier today that the Food & Wine Festival will be going on during the time I'll be there... I've never had the opportunity to experience it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
First off: YAY!

Booked my room with the AP rate at the Poly :)

I'll be on the first monorail of the morning into Epcot!

Second - not a pin person. I have nothing agaisnt folks trading, and certainly don't want to stir up any trouble, but I personally wouldn't want to attend any pin trading event.

Brian_WDW74

Just for final surveying purposes for our schedule, what would you all think of a pin trading event during Celebration 25? It was brought up by Lou and several others that are active in the pin trading ring (I myself am not), so I figured I'd ask...

If they can find some time to squeeze one in, I might attend. But if it's going to conflict with other events, or cause people to rush from one event to another, I say don't bother.

TheBeatles

OMG... your 3 years too close to being in the 90's. that is super scary

im looking forward to the book design and purchase. just in time for a great christmas present to me. :D

Kids born in the '90s didn't know what they were missing in terms of television, toys, and pop culture. Luckily, I was raised on all of it.

I just started school today and EVERY class has some project or other assignment due on Oct 1. Why can't I enjoy a stress free day at EPCOT!?

Disney_Freak429

Since we are talking years 85' here. As far as pins go I buy a few here & there & have a good amount of them (15-20 aprox) but I don't trade so I would put it with free time or while waiting in line. Also I think I will throw a pic soon. As much as I love that AP pin & also don't want to scare anyone with a pic we should all do it to help to start matching faces to names.

Figment82

The original logo showed up in topiary form today, right behind SSE. It looks amazing - I had to do a double take when I first saw it.

I can't say anything more, but there are some fun things coming out (in addition to the pins) that I think you'll all be excited about. :) There's a reason that some of the items being sold on CafePress had to be removed.

25 days to go (a momentous number, don't you think?)

napnet

I'm lookin forward to this! Got a room booked at OKW (9/30-10/2) but trying to get into Boardwalk... won't hear back from DVC till 5 days prior... I'll be driving down after goin to the FSU vs Alabama game... hopefully in a good mood :zipit:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm lookin forward to this! Got a room booked at OKW (9/30-10/2) but trying to get into Boardwalk... won't hear back from DVC till 5 days prior... I'll be driving down after goin to the FSU vs Alabama game... hopefully in a good mood :zipit:

Weird, booking my room at the Poly I considered BW and BWV's, both had rooms.

napnet

My wifes aunt is a DVC member and she's lettin us use her points... she got us in OKW but there is some sort of wait to get into BWV and she said they'd let her know 5 days before.... it is weird but I can't complain about a free room :) BWV would be perfect since its next to epcot.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You are on my friend.
...and you know me well enought not to let a thread get too quiet..:lookaroun
rockin!

Nothing official has been posted yet. Just a sneak peek with a Soarin meet at 7pm Sunday.
cant wait for that and too see the CM faces.

I just started school today and EVERY class has some project or other assignment due on Oct 1. Why can't I enjoy a stress free day at EPCOT!?
so i assume you can turn it in early? good luck. if you can, at least it will be stress free since it is all over with

*smack talk* well, after seeing them this past monday... it might be a lot closer the originally thought. *end smack talk* and besides.... you are a secondary UA fan so you win either way. i guess concider me a bad fan since im skipping the game (depending on network time slot) to fly down saturday. hopefully it will be the nightcap. my flight is at 4. maybe if it is the 2:30 game i can get the pilot to give updates over the intercom. man, both alabama schools playing in the state of florida. weird.

HinunterZuNich

I just booked my airfare!!!!!!!! I will be traveling solo, a first for me! None of my family can take off from work :( Quick question, I know I missed signing up for the Illuminations Dessert party but is there still a waitlist incase people cancel/etc...???? I looked on the website for the event but I did not know which email to contact!

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom