Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Ok.. I worry.

I personally would like Epcot to be chock full of people on the 25th anniversary. If more people show up that day then do for NYE, i'd be estatic.

That said, I worry because as much I love you guys and Horizons and the old Journey - references to them makes it less mass appeal and more Epcot-fan/geek based.

I'm afraid of alienating people who don't care about Horizons or Dreamfinder, and would see this as a gathering of "nostalgia nerds" but these same folks might otherwise be interested in coming because they do like the modern and current Epcot offerings.

SirNim

Ok.. I worry.

I personally would like Epcot to be chock full of people on the 25th anniversary. If more people show up that day then do for NYE, i'd be estatic.

That said, I worry because as much I love you guys and Horizons and the old Journey - references to them makes it less mass appeal and more Epcot-fan/geek based.

I'm afraid of alienating people who don't care about Horizons or Dreamfinder, and would see this as a gathering of "nostalgia nerds" but these same folks might otherwise be interested in coming because they do like the modern and current Epcot offerings.
It is drastically important, indeed, to ensure that the celebration is not for "EPCOT Center" but for 25 Years of "Epcot." It must have universal appeal to all who have ever enjoyed a day at Epcot, be it in 1983, 1988, 1995, or 2006. Concious of this, I attempted to provide a balance in the couple logo designs I came up with. The streamlined "25" was deliberately rendered in the brand-spankin'-new Mission: SPACE typeface to subtly reflect the fact that this will not be a glorification of the past but rather a celebration of the future, and by extension, the current state of "Epcot." In order to achieve broad success with this venture, it must be marketed as a celebration of the vision of the park through all times, good and bad. Epcot continues to entertain, inform, and inspire, and all those who have at any time been touched by this threefold punch should feel most welcome. The average American should think, "Hey, this was innocuous and fun. Why didn't Disney themselves throw any party today?"

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Merf, it's cool...i know exactly what you are saying, trust me!

This event will naturally attract the "Epcot Fan-geeks" as you put it...but this gathering is of course intended for those that love EPCOT today as much as those that loved it "yesterday".

This is an all-out rally to show support for out favorite Park's Anniversary....and everyone can come. I WANT everyone to come, as it will be much more entertaining to meet folks from all walks who love EPCOT for different reasons. If everyone agrees on everything, in regards to the ebb and flows that the Park has gone through, then the event would not as be a interesting as it could be. I encourage EVERYONE, no matter WHAT "era" of EPCOT you are into to show up and open up your mind to the wonders around you.

This is a bonified bash to celebrate the 25th! EPCOT deserves the honor, and with all of us there, we will surely kickoff it's NEXT 25 years in style!

:king:

SirNim

is packthepark.com taken?

Why yes, yes it is.. foo..
I'm still really diggin' wevejustbegun.com .

From what recordings and scripts and videos that I've gleaned, it seems that "We've Just Begun" was one of the first phrases uttered publicly on Grand Opening Day. Short, sweet, and simple. Positive and optimistic. Nostalgic and progressive simultaneously.

This is a bonified bash to celebrate the 25th! EPCOT deserves the honor, and with all of us there, we will surely kickoff it's NEXT 25 years in style!
Indeed, I can't help but feel that 25 years ago the designers and performers who created the park anticipated that somehow, in 25 years the silver anniversary of their hard work and effort would be recognized and officially celebrated.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
It is drastically important, indeed, to ensure that the celebration is not for "EPCOT Center" but for 25 Years of "Epcot." It must have universal appeal to all who have ever enjoyed a day at Epcot, be it in 1983, 1988, 1995, or 2006. Concious of this, I attempted to provide a balance in the couple logo designs I came up with. The streamlined "25" was deliberately rendered in the brand-spankin'-new Mission: SPACE typeface to subtly reflect the fact that this will not be a glorification of the past but rather a celebration of the future, and by extension, the current state of "Epcot." In order to achieve broad success with this venture, it must be marketed as a celebration of the vision of the park through all times, good and bad. Epcot continues to entertain, inform, and inspire, and all those who have at any time been touched by this threefold punch should feel most welcome. The average American should think, "Hey, this was innocuous and fun. Why didn't Disney themselves throw any party today?"

Excellent comments, SirNim....and i thank you!

Yes, i agree: This is a celebration of the Park itself. Perhaps what i said above could be a appropriate slogan: "Kicking off the NEXT 25 Years in style"....or along those lines.....

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Epcot25.org is still available, and positions us against a hostile attack from Disney because .org signifies a non-profit entity, thus a non-trademark infringement.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Nice work Merf!

Now if JediMaster were in here, he would want to know about this.

The two of us are working on a webpage that should be up sometime during or after this weekend, I need to finish the logo i am working on, and have it reviewed.

In the meantime, keep up the good work! Each and every one of you is helping to make this event as big as i imagine it could be!

:wave:

brkgnews

I had the same concern on "wordplay" -- that's why I tried to pick something that signified the past and future (although through the past) :hammer: At any rate -- just a first try. :D There are still miles to go before we sleep.

And yep, inverted photo -- simple, yet snazzy. :)

wbt06

i would love to be there but i will have collage classes to attend so i don't know if it is possible but i will see.

EpcotServo

Yea, I want the event to celebrate all of Epcot history, but I really want it to have that 1982 style as well. What we need is an Epcot collage, in the style of Disneyland's 50th. Mixing pictures everybody knows (like Mission: Space or Soarin') and pictures of obscure events, and old rides to form a collective picture of what Epcot was and is. That would be a great logo!
(And I support the "We've only just begun to dream" website name. I really like that kind of Epcot history!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Hey Figments Friend...

Im in for two people.

We need to ask a moderator to make this thread a sticky as long as you are going to do this.

Also, Im in Sarasota, FL - so I'm sorta local. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. Ive got a decent video editing rig so I am wondering about a couple of 30 second promo vids to maybe put up on your site and feed them to youtube as well. Im sure there are a ton of people here who could pull it off, or, if you want I will be glad to take a crack at it.

My other question being, how hard would it be with some of the members who have connections, to see about getting some sort of space we could meet in, perhaps odyssey or some other area where we could have a guest speaker or two. I realize this is all blue sky and a bit big, but, there is a good deal of time between now and then.

Anyway - again if there is anything I can do let me know.

C-ya.......:wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'm still really diggin' wevejustbegun.com .

From what recordings and scripts and videos that I've gleaned, it seems that "We've Just Begun" was one of the first phrases uttered publicly on Grand Opening Day. Short, sweet, and simple. Positive and optimistic. Nostalgic and progressive simultaneously.
i getting in late on this one... but i think this really captures the first moment of EPCOT to the present.

i vote for this domain, unless disney is reading this thread and has purchased all of them :D

jedimaster1227

Hey Figments Friend...

Im in for two people.

We need to ask a moderator to make this thread a sticky as long as you are going to do this.

Also, Im in Sarasota, FL - so I'm sorta local. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. Ive got a decent video editing rig so I am wondering about a couple of 30 second promo vids to maybe put up on your site and feed them to youtube as well. Im sure there are a ton of people here who could pull it off, or, if you want I will be glad to take a crack at it.

My other question being, how hard would it be with some of the members who have connections, to see about getting some sort of space we could meet in, perhaps odyssey or some other area where we could have a guest speaker or two. I realize this is all blue sky and a bit big, but, there is a good deal of time between now and then.

Anyway - again if there is anything I can do let me know.

C-ya.......:wave:

We will talk to Steve about it once the event becomes a little more organized. As for the guest speaker, I am working on it. :animwink:

jedimaster1227

We will find out more about our numbers once the full site is launched. I am preparing the submission protocal so that we can start getting a list of who is coming.

The teaser has been slightly moved in preparation for its next update and can now be found here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom