Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

SirNim

It won't be a registered name as it is an extension of an existing site, but it the fact that it is connected to this site will bring the event page more visitors. We will unveil more details soon. :animwink:
Ah, gotcha!

Still, it might not be a bad idea to register a .com and have visitors redirected to the site... Maybe something to think about... :)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I think we should meet at the back of the Fountain of Nations, looking towards Spaceship Earth. (You know, where the old Epcot logo is on the ground, marking the center of Walt Disney world?) That would work beter for group pictures, and there's also more room for the group to spread out, and not be in the way of guests coming in. Plus it has a view of all Epcot, just not Spaceship Earth. What do you think about that?

WOW!! What a GREAT idea! I think this would be even better then what i had originally planned, as it incorporates the entire concept so much better....and we will be further away from those Leave a Legacy stones :hurl: :lol:

Thanks EpcotServo....that is indeed the PERFECT spot! What better place then the "Center" itself, with the original logo beneath our feet? Totally in theme with this event....and all nostalgic to boot....i LOVE it!

Okay, so that will be the official meet up spot folks...meet on the EPCOT Center seal behind the Fountain of Nations! Woo Hoo!! :sohappy:

Okay, i had better get back to work...i'm supposed to be typing up a official announcment!

jedimaster1227

SirNim, we are currently using your logo for the teaser site if that is alright with you. If you need us to remove it, that will be fine as we haven't aired the site just yet.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
JediMaster,

Just wrote the announcement....check your e-mail(s)!

:animwink:

I should have my logo ready by the weekend....if things stay all clear from my end here. It looks good so far...but i'd like a few more days to work on it.

I'll keep you all posted!

:wave:

EpcotServo

We also need to make sure that we have nametags with our screen names on them so this dosen't happen...
person A "Are you EpcotServo?"
person B "no..."
person A "Are you EpcotServo?"
person C " What's an EpcotServo?"
:lol:

jedimaster1227

I got the email and I am going to make any adjustments needed. The teaser site is now available for viewing by the public here. Comments are welcome, but remember this is just a teaser. The site will begin full work over the next few days as we are working with great and dedicated people to make the site do the event justice.

And nametags will definitely be a necessity. We will get into that when we get a better idea of how many people will be joining us.

jedimaster1227

Yea, we shoild do an RSVP thread when we get closer. It'd be great to get a head count.

What we will probably do is use a submission form like the ones already used on the site (like on the survey page) and from there, we will find out who is coming, including how many guests they are bringing. My hope is that the families that plan to come bring their children as Epcot isn't just for one generation, but for all generations to come.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
That sounds good to me guys...as i am also interested as we get closer to the date how many plan on coming.

It would be very cool if we can attract some CM's to join in the fun, both past and present! This is indeed a party and when i say everyone is invited...i MEAN 'everyone".

i wonder if this will go so far as to attract the attention of anyone out there who helped build this Park in one form or another? It would be very neat if someone showed up and spent some time with us. I'm not expecting or assuming we will get special treatment....but it sure is fun to dream and think of what COULD happen if things go along and reach the right people. :animwink:

brkgnews

Paging Mr. Crump... Mr. Rolly Crump... please report to the fountain of nations.
:lookaroun

In all seriousness, it would probably be wise to sort of define a "purpose" for this... IE... celebrate, not degrade and gripe about everything. We want to make sure we don't come across as a group that's going to just show up and because Horizons was torn down.

brkgnews

Here's my first shot at a logo.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 105

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yes, i agree.

I see this get together as just that: a POSITIVE celebration. I have never envisioned this as some sort of "demonstration" or unruly rally that will do nothing but moan about all that's "wrong with EPCOT today". No no no no no......i seriously hope that this is NOT what will happen, and i just have to stress that the intent is pure of heart. I suggested this idea to fullfill a personal goal i had set for myself, to celebrate the 25th on the actual day in the Park and then i realized that many others may enjoy doing the same. Since there is nothing to date "officially" planned, i took it upon myself to come up with something for those interested to take part in.

I see this as a positive thing, right from it's inception. I can only hope that it will continue to be so right up until the very day we are all together and having a grand day out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom