Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So.... how many people is it looking like, as a ballpark figure? :animwink:

Does anyone still have contact with Grizz?

Figment82

Count me in!

Hi all! I literally just joined in order to reply to this thread. :) I'm an ENORMOUS Epcot fan - and an even bigger Figment fan (I'm the one with the Figment shrine in her bedroom...). As someone who's loved the park since they were 2, and enjoyed both playing and working there - I am very much looking forward to October 1st.

As far as plans go, it looks like my grad school classes will be back in session, but I am planning to be in Epcot anyway! I wouldn't miss this day for anything, so barring any major exams or projects being due, I'll be driving down for the weekend.

I also am a graphic design major, so if you need any help with logos or such, I'd be happy to offer my assistance.

~Jessica

Figment82

Forgot to mention...

Oh I forgot to mention...

I dressed up as Dreamfinder for MNSSHP last year - the costume turned out great and I received lots of positive comments of nostalgia. I also wore it to the parks on Halloween, and no one minded because they thought I was actually dressed as Willy Wonka. :brick: But I got the greatest picture of me and Figment over at Imag.

So you technically *could* wear Dreamfinder garb on the 1st, though I wouldn't really recommend it - as mentioned earlier, dressing as Disney characters (even dead ones) when you're over the age of 13 is frowned upon (plus it was hot as Hades last year, so I'm sure it'll be just as bad this year). I lucked out in that it was Halloween.

Oh, and Figment is still doing meet and greets, unless something happened since I left in January...

jedimaster1227

So.... how many people is it looking like, as a ballpark figure? :animwink:

Does anyone still have contact with Grizz?

We don't have a ballpark figure just yet, but when the official announcement goes up later in the week, we will open up the submission forms so that we can start to get an idea of how many people we are talking about.

As for Grizz, we talk every once in a while if I can catch him while he is online. I will try to get a hold of him though as I don't think it could be a real celebration without the man that did so much for Epcot and the rest of WDW.

ill be there in spirit.

people in spirit: 1
actual physical presense: ?

wow, i bet someone does. and im not so certain that he isnt lurking sometimes.

I can wear a second name tag with your name on it if you want so that you can be with us in some form along with spirit. Just a thought... :D

As for our meet up/photo location, I believe this was where we were referring to:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Yep...that's the spot! Right where the original "secret" EPCOT logo is embedded in the ground...X marks the spot! It's also the spot where new CM's stand when they are officially inducted into the EPCOT family.

Great news: I finished my logo finally! I have sent it off to JediMaster, so look for it soon on the webpage that is being set up to promote this get together!

To Figment82: Hi there! So glad you could join us...

I dressed up as Figment this past season when i attended the first night of MNSSHP. Like you, i also recieved a lot of compliments and even had a Guest run up to me and want a photo of himself with me. It was a lot of fun, and it was nice to show some support for a sometimes "forgotten" character.

Welcome to WDWMagic!! You will LOVE it here!

:wave:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
We don't have a ballpark figure just yet, but when the official announcement goes up later in the week, we will open up the submission forms so that we can start to get an idea of how many people we are talking about.

As for Grizz, we talk every once in a while if I can catch him while he is online. I will try to get a hold of him though as I don't think it could be a real celebration without the man that did so much for Epcot and the rest of WDW.

I can wear a second name tag with your name on it if you want so that you can be with us in some form along with spirit. Just a thought... :D

As for our meet up/photo location, I believe this was where we were referring to:

well, this would be killer. thanks for the offer, i might just have to take you up on that so i "spiritually" show up in the group photo :lol:

you know, i had an epiphany, if i could stay (ok, ill admit it, mouch) off of someone the 2 night id be there and have a place to stay, i could easily take care of the plane ticket and park entrance. :D

joel_maxwell

Yep...that's the spot! Right where the original "secret" EPCOT logo is embedded in the ground...X marks the spot! It's also the spot where new CM's stand when they are officially inducted into the EPCOT family.
this reminds me, isnt the center of the WDW property over by LS on the walk way from SSE? i forgot to locate that in sept

chucknstuff

I found a interesting list of important dates in EPCOT's history. See if you can notice a trend:
------------------------------------------------------------------
October 1st 1971--Walt Disney World opens in Florida

October 1st 1978--Card Walker, President of Walt Disney Productions, reveals plans for the EPCOT Center theme park.

October 1st 1979--Official Groundbreaking and start of construction

October1st 1982--EPCOT Center opens

October 1st 1983--Horizons pavillion opens

October 1st 1984 Morocco pavillion opens in World Showcase

October 1st 1999--Journey into YOUR Imagination opens, replacing the original ride through and Illuminations 2000: Reflections of Earth officially debuts. Also on the same day, Millennium Village opens

And now:

October 1st 2007-- EPCOT's 25th Anniversary Fan Gathering!
Celebrating 25 years of Creative Wonders

:eek:

You forgot one important date....

MY BIRTHDAY
October 9, 1971

joel_maxwell

October 1st 1971--Walt Disney World opens in Florida

October 1st 1978--Card Walker, President of Walt Disney Productions, reveals plans for the EPCOT Center theme park.

October 1st 1979--Official Groundbreaking and start of construction

October1st 1982--EPCOT Center opens

October 1st 1983--Horizons pavillion opens

October 1st 1984 Morocco pavillion opens in World Showcase

October 1st 1999--Journey into YOUR Imagination opens, replacing the original ride through and Illuminations 2000: Reflections of Earth officially debuts. Also on the same day, Millennium Village opens

And now:

October 1st 2007-- EPCOT's 25th Anniversary Fan Gathering!
Celebrating 25 years of Creative Wonders
and some Creative Blunders

:D

jedimaster1227

well, this would be killer. thanks for the offer, i might just have to take you up on that so i "spiritually" show up in the group photo :lol:

you know, i had an epiphany, if i could stay (ok, ill admit it, mouch) off of someone the 2 night id be there and have a place to stay, i could easily take care of the plane ticket and park entrance. :D

I won't have a problem doing that. Or, you can have someone take a photo of yourself in your retro-______ gear and we could photoshop you into the group photo... :D

and some Creative Blunders

:D

...Imagination... :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep...that's the spot! Right where the original "secret" EPCOT logo is embedded in the ground...
Sorry to gatecrash, but it`s not original.... before 1994 this was a flower bed with a flagpole in it. Kind of strange Epcot 94 decided to mark the year by installing a huge version of the 1982 logo, then by 97 it was all but forgotten by the company...

joel_maxwell

I won't have a problem doing that. Or, you can have someone take a photo of yourself in your retro-______ gear and we could photoshop you into the group photo... :D
cool, ill be wearing this shirt. i think i might fly in early monday morning, get a cab straight to Epcot, party with the WDWMAGIC group, the cab to the airport and have another AM flight, catch a few ZZZZ's in the terminal. sound crazy
SSE_vintage.jpg

...Imagination... :lookaroun
bingo

Sorry to gatecrash, but it`s not original.... before 1994 this was a flower bed with a flagpole in it. Kind of strange Epcot 94 decided to mark the year by installing a huge version of the 1982 logo, then by 97 it was all but forgotten by the company...
what about the center of WDW property marker?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
cool, ill be wearing this shirt. i think i might fly in early monday morning, get a cab straight to Epcot, party with the WDWMAGIC group, the cab to the airport and have another AM flight, catch a few ZZZZ's in the terminal. sound crazy
View attachment 23786

bingo

what about the center of WDW property marker?
Nah.... for the meet it has to be on the `94 logo; such a great backdrop!

Figments Friend

Original Poster

Well then i guess there is truth in the old saying: "You learn something new every day".......:) Thanks for pointing that out Marni. I did not know this!

Yeah, it is odd that the "installed" the old logo into the pavement in 94'. You would have thought it was done earlier. I'm glad they did, as it's one of the few things left that reminds one of the "Original" EPCOT.

Anyone else here rub the Universe of Energy old logo when they walk in the front door? :lookaroun Okay, i'm not afraid to admit it folks...i DO! :p Consider it one of those odd things one does sometimes...

phichi17

I'm ordering one for myself really soon...

The style is taken from this series of 1981-vintage posters:
epcot001kk6.jpg
I have that shirt in a medium, can't wear it any more:cry: , anyone intrested? PM me, I was going to post it on ebay, but if someone here wants it, so much the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom