Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

SirNim

That's great! I'll have to get one! I think that should be our group shirt!
I'm ordering one for myself really soon...

The style is taken from this series of 1981-vintage posters:
epcot001kk6.jpg

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I always LOVED that old poster...it's so perfect for what EPCOT Center stood for. Beautiful! Thanks for putting that up in this thread!

Great to see i am not alone in thinking it would be nice to have a Pro-EPCOT 25th "rally"! I may design a logo for the event, and post it here in the future. I really like the ideas suggested already for logos...keep them coming! Feel free to create your own EPCOT 25th Logo and post it in this thread!

I also planned my annual WDW visit at the end of September, as i definately wanted to be there at EPCOT for October 1st. I usually go in mid-September anyway...so going a couple of weeks later is not too bad. The crowds are usually still thin and the MNSSHP is in full swing by then ( well worth attending). If things work out, we may all score i nice bonus if Disney decides to to the Free Dining Plan again this season.

I'm excited about this...i think this tiny spark of an idea could end up growing into a huge movement. EPCOT deserves such recognition....it's too important a achievement to be ignored. Everyone is welcome, as long as you have a great passion for this great Park!

brkgnews

I'll be happy to work on a specific shirt design, too. I can also see if Steve would let us have permission to use the wdwmagic logo on them. Give me some direction, peeps. :)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Sounds good....

As far as logo go, i would say everyone that would like to do one should try to incorporate the classic old Pavillion Logos ( as shown in brkgnews' avatar above). It would also be nice to use the "EPCOT script" type lettering used often in the early period.

It will be interesting to see what people come up with. You know what they say..."Imagination works the best when it's set FREE"!

diddy_mouse

I so wish I could be there :cry:

But I'm going to be there in spirit. And in honor of my 25th birthday and EPCOT's 25th, I am getting a tattoo done on my back of the retro logo! :sohappy: I'll be sure to post a pic once I get it done (I'm looking at early-spring)

jedimaster1227

I always LOVED that old poster...it's so perfect for what EPCOT Center stood for. Beautiful! Thanks for putting that up in this thread!

Great to see i am not alone in thinking it would be nice to have a Pro-EPCOT 25th "rally"! I may design a logo for the event, and post it here in the future. I really like the ideas suggested already for logos...keep them coming! Feel free to create your own EPCOT 25th Logo and post it in this thread!

I'm excited about this...i think this tiny spark of an idea could end up growing into a huge movement. EPCOT deserves such recognition....it's too important a achievement to be ignored. Everyone is welcome, as long as you have a great passion for this great Park!

I think we might need to stay away from the use of the actual poster in a shirt, but the text should be fine. As for the logos, just remember that they cannot be directly taken from Disney, especially if people will have to buy these shirts. Disney's isn't one to mess with when it comes to copyrights.

I too feel that this event can be meaningful enough. Depending on how much of a response we get in the coming months (as the site should be up and running by the end of the week) we can see if these CM observances could include guests (or at least our group) for this truly momentous occasion. For those of us who know who to call, it really is possible with enough work, momentum and collaboration. Just one spark everyone... :animwink:

I'll be happy to work on a specific shirt design, too. I can also see if Steve would let us have permission to use the wdwmagic logo on them. Give me some direction, peeps. :)

Lets see about maybe making this a little bit more broad than WDWMagic. Not to say that we shouldn't be proud of our membership, but there are other Epcot fans that deserve the right to join us and show off their Epcot pride without having to submit to or be a member of WDWMagic. Once the site goes up, the event will be covered on more than just WDWMagic. There are other places that will have full contact on the latest of the event.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well said Jedimaster....

When i was talking about the logos, i was thinking more along the lines of our readers posting there own creations here for fun....not things that would eventually be used "officially" on t-shirts for sale. If folks would like to make up there own shirts with there own logos, by all means DO IT! When it comes to selling them however, well, i think Jedimaster has wise words to say in regards to using copyrighted images. I have an idea for a logo, and it would be a hand drawn image incorporating SSE, Figment, and the monorail. Even if it is something like this, you have to be careful how it is used. I would see it more as something being used on websites/ forums then being used on "hard copy" items like printed shirts, etc. Jedimaster, what are your thoughts on this matter?

Getting the word out should be easy. Already it seems word is spreading ( you know who you are, and i thank you! :kiss: )I see some of you have posted this threads' link to your signature. Very nice gesture, and i thank you!

I know a LOT of Cm's and Managers read this forum, and it would be VERY cool if folks at the Park are made aware of our coming and acknowledged this in some small way. How neat would that be? Maybe this would be considered taboo though...i don't know from the "inside" how such things are handled or regarded. It IS the "Year of a Million Dreams" though so anything could happen !

EPCOT has always sparked great inspiration in me since the very beginning, and there is no sign of that stopping anytime soon. When i go to WDW, it is my home away from home. I LIVE in this Park for most of the time i am there. Some people consider it a "boring" Park...and to each there own....but for me EPCOT represents limiitless bounderies. Someone once said that EPCOT is not a Park, it's a state of being. Well, i would have to agree with that. It has had a HUGE influence on me for most of my life ( JII a major supernova alone!). This little event is, in a small way, my way of giving back all that i have recieved over the years from this great place. I want to give back to the place that has given me so much for so long....and this is the best way i know of how to do it from a fan standpoint. What better way to do so then with people who love the Park, and what it has stood for in their lives, as much as i do? EPCOT RULES!!

Among the other things that will happen that day, we definately have to go visit Figment.....hopefully he will still be doing meet n' greets in his little Place by then. Is he still currently doing so? Last time i looked ( January) he was not listed on the Entertainment Schedule handout.

Anyone here dare to dress as Dreamfinder? LOL! :lol:

yazmin182

*cough*
Anybody like this?

I think this shirt is great and really simple. It would be sweet to get Epcot 25th anniversary shirts like this one and put our wdwmagic forum name on the back, for example "yazmin182", "sirnim", etc.

This sounds like a great idea and I am going to try and make my way down there!

jedimaster1227

Well said Jedimaster....

When i was talking about the logos, i was thinking more along the lines of our readers posting there own creations here for fun....not things that would eventually be used "officially" on t-shirts for sale. If folks would like to make up there own shirts with there own logos, by all means DO IT! When it comes to selling them however, well, i think Jedimaster has wise words to say in regards to using copyrighted images. I have an idea for a logo, and it would be a hand drawn image incorporating SSE, Figment, and the monorail. Even if it is something like this, you have to be careful how it is used. I would see it more as something being used on websites/ forums then being used on "hard copy" items like printed shirts, etc. Jedimaster, what are your thoughts on this matter?

Getting the word out should be easy. Already it seems word is spreading ( you know who you are, and i thank you! :kiss: )I see some of you have posted this threads' link to your signature. Very nice gesture, and i thank you!

I know a LOT of Cm's and Managers read this forum, and it would be VERY cool if folks at the Park are made aware of our coming and acknowledged this in some small way. How neat would that be? Maybe this would be considered taboo though...i don't know from the "inside" how such things are handled or regarded. It IS the "Year of a Million Dreams" though so anything could happen !

Among the other things that will happen that day, we definately have to go visit Figment.....hopefully he will still be doing meet n' greets in his little Place by then. Is he still currently doing so? Last time i looked ( January) he was not listed on the Entertainment Schedule handout.

Anyone here dare to dress as Dreamfinder? LOL! :lol:

Well, my one request is that along with Figment, SSE and the monorail, I think the Dreamfinder should be on the logo or shirt, at least in the form of the holder of Figment, as they were made for Epcot and embodied it for so many years- and this would also show that he wasn't forgotten.

Can we see some of the links to the places that have already advertised this event?

Dressing up as the Dreamfinder will probably be too much, since Disney doesn't allow for face characters like that in the park unless they are working for Disney. Lets play it safe and restrict all dressing up to hats, t-shirts and regular memorabilia- not costumes as we don't want to give Disney a negative outlook on our collective.

I love it, but my one questions is, would it be possible to have SSE in the background, as what made that spire on the fountain so significant was that it lined up with SSE. Just a thought.

We should have the website up soon, so while the advertising has already begun, lets keep it to a minimum until the home page is created, so that we don't use up any connections for advertising early on, as we will need to do so once the site is up.

SirNim

I love it, but my one questions is, would it be possible to have SSE in the background, as what made that spire on the fountain so significant was that it lined up with SSE. Just a thought.
I can add a stylized simple circle around the spire with the characteristic SE "legs".. However, sometimes simplicity is key, and too many elements can overdo anything.

Animaniac93-98

Here is my design for Epcot's 25th anniversary logo

Its only a rough sketch but I'm hoping to do one with the characters around the pumpkin coach (also a 25th Disney world parody)

figment_25th.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom