Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

I can add a stylized simple circle around the spire with the characteristic SE "legs".. However, sometimes simplicity is key, and too many elements can overdo anything.

I understand, it was just a suggestion as the spire wasn't as recognized as SSE was. Plus, the spire was placed to complement the sphere, so I figured I might comment.

SirNim

I understand, it was just a suggestion as the spire wasn't as recognized as SSE was. Plus, the spire was placed to complement the sphere, so I figured I might comment.
Well, I just tried it... Because of the height of the spire, the circle-con-legs looks like a horseshoe (perhaps a sign of things to come later tonight during the Superbowl?! :lookaroun)... In order to make it look good, I'd have to reduce the size of the spire and increase the size of the circle, so that the whole thing resembles "real life." A little too much trouble though. Maybe if anybody has any suggestions how to position these elements to achieve the desired effect, we could work from there.

So, I took the spire logo, sans the SE circle, and tried to see what it would look like as a shirt. Came up with this... I still kinda like the first one I did better... But this certainly has potential...

jedimaster1227

It does look very good as a shirt! My one hitch is that the shirt is long sleeved, and during October (on most years) it is still warm. Is it possible to get a short sleeve shirt?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Nice job SirNim on your new logo idea! I drew one up today but it won't be finished for a few days. I will be sure to post it here when it is finished.

I was just kidding too about daring someone to dress up of Dreamfinder...lol! As funny as that would be, i know Disney would not be cool with such goings on and as Jedimaster had noted, it's best we don't come across as a group of troublemakers. Speaking of Dreamfinder, i was going to include him in my logo design but he makes it a bit too "busy". You will see what i mean when i finish the final design. As much as i love him, and feel he SHOULD be in it....the overall look tends to be too cluttered.

So far the "spreading of the word" has been by folks here on WDWMagic.com EpcotServo has now placed this threads link in his signature, and i will be doing the same soon. This is a easy way of getting the word out about our event!

So let's say now we all show up October 1st at 10am right in front of SSE. We can meet at right where you pass through the gates ( where PhotoPass photographers usually snap your pic with SSE in the background..) OR we could meet in front of SSE by thr fountain where the old spire used to be.

I'm leaning towards the old fountain spire spot....seems nice there and in photos that are taken we won't have to see the Leave a Legacy stones in the background.

The more i think about it, this may well be a better spot....as we won't all be standing around just beyond the gates taking up the spots a lot of Guests want their photo taken. Also, there is a nice open circular area right in front of the fountain that would suit our needs better, and it is certainly a more "nostalgic" meeting place to gather at. It also puts us smack dab in front of SSE, and is in a location where we are visable to anyone arriving and anyone coming in to join us.

What do you think? Sound like a good plan so far?

jedimaster1227

Nice job SirNim on your new logo idea! I drew one up today but it won't be finished for a few days. I will be sure to post it here when it is finished.

I was just kidding too about daring someone to dress up of Dreamfinder...lol! As funny as that would be, i know Disney would not be cool with such goings on and as Jedimaster had noted, it's best we don't come across as a group of troublemakers. Speaking of Dreamfinder, i was going to include him in my logo design but he makes it a bit too "busy". You will see what i mean when i finish the final design. As much as i love him, and feel he SHOULD be in it....the overall look tends to be too cluttered.

So far the "spreading of the word" has been by folks here on WDWMagic.com EpcotServo has now placed this threads link in his signature, and i will be doing the same soon. This is a easy way of getting the word out about our event!

So let's say now we all show up October 1st at 10am right in front of SSE. We can meet at right where you pass through the gates ( where PhotoPass photographers usually snap your pic with SSE in the background..) OR we could meet in front of SSE by thr fountain where the old spire used to be.

I'm leaning towards the old fountain spire spot....seems nice there and in photos that are taken we won't have to see the Leave a Legacy stones in the background.

The more i think about it, this may well be a better spot....as we won't all be standing around just beyond the gates taking up the spots a lot of Guests want their photo taken. Also, there is a nice open circular area right in front of the fountain that would suit our needs better, and it is certainly a more "nostalgic" meeting place to gather at. It also puts us smack dab in front of SSE, and is in a location where we are visable to anyone arriving and anyone coming in to join us.

What do you think? Sound like a good plan so far?

It is your logo, but my thought was that Figment would be in Dreamfinder's arm, but then again, I am a Dreamfinder-Figment pair purist, so that is just me... :D

As for the meeting place, I think we should see the kind of numbers that we expect to see joining us on the date and from there see how much room will be available for a photo op.

SirNim

It does look very good as a shirt! My one hitch is that the shirt is long sleeved, and during October (on most years) it is still warm. Is it possible to get a short sleeve shirt?
The long-sleeve was just to test it. Should the WDWMagicians want, I can convert the design to the short-sleever. I'm still toying with the idea of ditching the slogan text altogether and just having the spire logo front-and-center. We're in the "R&D" phase of all this right now. :D :lol:

jedimaster1227

The long-sleeve was just to test it. Should the WDWMagicians want, I can convert the design to the short-sleever. I'm still toying with the idea of ditching the slogan text altogether and just having the spire logo front-and-center. We're in the "R&D" phase of all this right now. :D :lol:

I am open to anything as long as the average guest/CM can get the idea of our collective work.

Epcotrob

SIRNIM...... I love the shirt. I like the text on the shirt. Whats wrong with having a few different shirts to choose from. Make one with the text, one without it and even your avitar would look great on a shirt. I actully bought the "old school" shirt from spooky bear on zazzle. Im a sucker for all of the old logos.

EpcotServo

What do you think? Sound like a good plan so far ?

I think we should meet at the back of the Fountain of Nations, looking towards Spaceship Earth. (You know, where the old Epcot logo is on the ground, marking the center of Walt Disney world?) That would work beter for group pictures, and there's also more room for the group to spread out, and not be in the way of guests coming in. Plus it has a view of all Epcot, just not Spaceship Earth. What do you think about that?

Epcotrob

I think we should meet at the back of the Fountain of Nations, looking towards Spaceship Earth. (You know, where the old Epcot logo is on the ground, marking the center of Walt Disney world?) That would work beter for group pictures, and there's also more room for the group to spread out, and not be in the way of guests coming in. Plus it has a view of all Epcot, just not Spaceship Earth. What do you think about that?

I like that meeting place. Nice view of Epcot and close to the Beverly. :slurp:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
So...

What are the legal rammifications of the buying a domain with the word Epcot in it to promote this day, as long as it stays totally non-profit and just a get together peaceful organization type thing?

EpcotServo

So...

What are the legal rammifications of the buying a domain with the word Epcot in it to promote this day, as long as it stays totally non-profit and just a get together peaceful organization type thing?
I'm no expert, but I don't think that would be a problem. Or juse use Epcot Center. :lol:
I'm going to Epcot some time soon, so I'll be sure to scope out locations and such. (And also bring back a new update!)

brkgnews

So...

Meh -- that might be treading. Maybe some kind of portmanteau (like those we love so much - "innoventions," "communicore," "transcenter"). Howzabout "silvercot.com" or "anniversicot.com"?:lookaroun

EpcotServo

So...

How about Futureport25.com? Something with a Horizons feel to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom